• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FEEDBACK.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtly Inspiring
Low quality.
No contrast in the image.
Composition is boring.
Colors are flat.

:\
Liked your older pictures more.

MosesMohs

So now I know to stick to my original work...
My teacher told me to experiment with landscapes.

( c l i c k )
I was riding down the interstate when I caught that one, (any better?) It would have been much better if I got a better view of the houses...?

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I think it might just be that you're not quite getting the right shots of landscapes. Just like with a person or animals you would think about the composition and the lighting, such as where your main subject is placed, how the lighting affects it and the mood, you need to think about with these.

One suggestion I have when you want to do some shooting is to take multiple shots of one thing. Let's say you wanted to have a woodpile in your picture. You would take multiple shots of that woodpile at multiple angles. If leave near it, perhaps you could even take pictures in the morning or at night or other types of weather. This way, if you take multiple shots, you just pick and choose which one you like the best.

Do this with multiple subjects. Try to pick a certain series. I know someone who did a farm series. He went to a local farm nearby and took pictures of things there. Windmills, stables, the house, the field, fences. This way he had a series of things. You could do something urban to go with the street light.

Another suggestion for new people is I would suggest to NOT rely on photoshop. Your first one looks like it's been photoshopped. Use photoshop later, but in the beginning, I'd suggest that you try and create a photo with VERY little editing. Actually, almost no editing except perhaps cropping. As you get more experienced and a "photo eye", then start dabbling in it. I don't mean wait years before you photoshop, just wait a few photo shoots. Do a shoot or something, crop a little here and there, and say you're done. Do another, crop a little, fiddle with brightness/contrast, and you're done. Do another one and just don't do any editing. No cropping, just choose your favorite shots.

I don't think you need to stop, you're just trying too hard. :/

MosesMohs

Thank you guys a lot for the comments.
I try to keep them in mind when I take my photos.

Usually, when I ask my friends they tell me it's good and nothing more.
So, thanks for being honest. I'll try to keep these in mind.

Maybe landscapes are my thing...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back