• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate of A Hero: The Prequel to "The Road to Dawn"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.
Re: Fate of A Hero

Day 10
Frozen

"Ugh, I hate this!" Xane cried angrily, kicking a chest. Ironically, it opened, revealing some hi-Potion. Akira stiffled a giggle as Xane threw a fit. Akira summoned her key shaped blade and took the hi-Potion.

"Ok," Akira said, "All we have to do is get the rose right?" She asked, as if to prove a point. "It's not that hard-"

"Forget this princess," She said, summoning a portal, "You're on your own."

"What?!" Akira shouted. Xane rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on, you're all big and mighty wielding that thing," Xane said, pointing at the key shaped blade, "So go on and prove yourself. Bye bye." Xane walked into the portal, waving goodbye.

"Wait! You can't-" Xane had dissapeared. "-just leave me here."

Akira looked around her. She stood before the big wooden doors, leading to the entrance of Beast's Castle.

------

She walked into the entry hall, where a staircase ascended into two. Akira looked up at the cavernous ceiling, wringing her hands nervously.

"Ok, don't panic, don't panic," Akira whispered to herself, "It's just a rose. What can go wrong?"

ROAR! Akira flinched and ran to hid behind a pillar.

"WHO HAS BEEN HERE? I SMELL DARKNESS!" A booming voice cried. Akira shut her eyes tight, hoping she had gone invisible.

"Excuse me, but, Sire-" A small voice said. Akira looked over the pillar to see a small clock-being thrown out a door. It fell on it's behind.

"No but's! I can sense darkness here, and I won't REST untill it's destroyed!" The voice boomed. That's when Akira saw him.

He was-beyond describable. His dark brown fur covered his entire body, only a mauve cape and black pants. He had horns and a scorn on his face. He looked around, sniffing the air. Akira hid again.

"It's close," He said, moving toward the stairs. Akira waited for him to leave, and soon after, the roars and fits of rage even Xane couldn't manage died down. Akira stepped away from the pillar, and sighed in relief.

"Hey- What are you doing here?!" A heavily french accented voice asked. Akira froze, and turned around slowly.

The golden candelabra Xane and Akira had evaded the day before stood in front of her, staring at her in awe.

"I- uh-" Akira stuttered.

"I must tell master," The candelabra said, running off. Akira felt her heart beat faster. "THERE IS AN INTRUDER IN THE CASTLE!"

"No! Don't!" She shouted, holding her hand out. Suddenly, the candelabra froze in place. Akira put her hand down slowly, and walked to it. The candelabra wouldn't move an inch.

He was frozen- in time.

Bellaisima358

Day 10
The Beast

"Woah..." Akira breathed, circling the candelabra. She looked at her hand in awe. "How did I...?"

"Lumiere!" A loud voice shouted. Akira's eye's widened. The beast!

Akira stumbled over her feet, looking to the left, then to the right. Where to hide? Where to hide?! She heard the footsteps coming closer and closer.

"LUMIERE!" He shouted once more, the shout even closer. Akira was starting to panic. Should she hide? Should she run? Could she fight?

She decided to be cowardly and hide. She closed her eyes, and began to disintegrate, losing color. Soon, she fell transparent, forcing a field around her. The beast came around the corner of the staircase, still sniffing the air.

"Lu-miere?" He asked, eyeing the frozen candelabra. He walked down the staircase, grunting, and picked it up, examining it as if it were a fourteen karot diamond. He roared.

"It REEKS of magic," He complained. Akira walked slowly around him, tip toeing. Suddenly, Akira froze as the beast stood only inches away from her being. She held her breath as the Beast sniffed the air around her.

"Hmph," He said, walking off, back in the direction where he came from, Lumiere in his clammy hands.

As soon as he was out of sight, Akira let out a breath. She followed the the beast's footsteps, still too afraid to drop her invisibility act.

-----

"LUMIERE!" A roar rose from downstairs. A girl with brown hair and choclatey brown eyes flinched. She sighed.

"What's wrong Belle?" The armoire asked. Belle looked up at her and smiled halfheartedly.

"Oh nothing," She said lightly, "It's just- I wish he wouldn't get so mad so easily," She replied, looking down. The armoire smiled encouragingly.

"Well, that's how he is, sweet," It replied. Belle looked back up at it and smiled.

-----

Akira followed him to the same hall where she and Xane had evaded Lumiere, silent as ever. At times, the beast would turn and look at her, grunt, and look away. He stopped and turned for another room after a while, and there Akira left him, sure that he wouldn't catch her.

She opened the big door a crack, just enough to let her in. She slipped through, still unseen, and looked out, to see if anyone was coming. How this could have been easier if Xane had been here!

She rolled her eyes at the thought of her, and closed the door ever so slowly. As soon as she made sure the door was as it was, she turned slightly.

The room was darker than the last time she had been here. There were rags on the floor, torn sheets of paper floating in the air, and the dust was unbearable. Akira wanted to cough, but it might have revealed her.

She looked forward and saw it. The red rose, glimmering in its crystal case.

Akira walked forward to it, admiring it. She circled it once, and stood behind it, slowly taking her hands to lightly grab the case. As soon as her fingers touched to cool glass, a ripple went through her. Suddenly, she could see her fingers again. She could see her arms-

"Hey!? Who are you?!" A roar shouted from the front of the room. Akira shut her eyes and looked up hesitantly opening her eyes. She bit her lip.

The beast had found her.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

Ah! i missed something!!! bad me *hits* lol That was awesome and akira better RUN for her life!!!

Bellaisima358

Day 10
The Great Escape

Akira stayed frozen, aware that the beast had found her. The beast looked at her, then his eyes flared. This-person-was touching his rose!

"Get your hands off that!" He said lunging for Akira. She panicked, and grabbed to case, putting it under her arm, and backed up. She summoned her keyblade, prepared to fight if she had to.

"Sorry, but this is where I get off," She said, just as the beast was feet away from her. She jumped up, defying gravity, and flipped over the beast's head, landing on her knee.

Akira ran. She ran as fast as she could, not looking back. She needn't look back, when she could hear the beast shouting and running behind her. A million thoughts ran through her head. Where was Xane? How could she leave her? How would she escape? Where was the dark portal!?

"Get back here and fight, you coward! Show yourself!" The beast would shout. Akira raised her brow. Show yourself? She looked up at her head. Oh, She thought, My hood is still on. She clutched it, and ran for the stairs.

-----

Akira neared the parting of the staircases, and looked around. Xane had taken the last portal, and Akira still wasn't familiar with summoning on her own. She heard the beast gaining on her.

"Ugh!" She said, finally taking the stairs to the right.

-----

"I wonder if I should go talk to him," Belle whispered, reaching for the door. She opened it completely and stopped, looking up at a pair of red eyes.

-----

Akira stopped as a door beside her opened. She turned and saw a girl with brown eyes and wavy brown hair cascading down her back. She stared at Akira wide eyed. Akira opened her mouth to say something, but ran instead.

----

Akira ran down a long hallway, holding some kind of glass. Inside it, a red rose floated. She was panting.

How could Xane leave me here alone! she thought, I have no idea what to do!

"You thief!" The beast roared. He was gaining on her.

"Portal portal portal PORTAL!" She shouted. Finally, a black corridor opened-at the end of the hallway.

"Yes!" She shouted. She ran a bit faster.She summoned her keyblade and aimed behind her. It blasted black energy.

"Oof!" The beast was hit with the blast, but it didn't keep him there for long. He continued on.

"Damn it!" She said, almost there. The rug under her was really getting bumpy. Akira dodged every possible bump.

A few feet away from the corridor, Akira thought. She smiled. Suddenly, a big ripple on the carpet tripped her. She felt herself falling.

"Ugh!" She said, landing on her stomach. The glass case rolled away. The beast was only a few yards away.

"You!" He said, almost grabbing her. Akira scurried to the portal. She reached out into the black corridor. A small hand grabbed her and pulled her in.

Bellaisima358

Day 10
Ultimatums

A small black glove reached out and pulled Akira in. Akira looked back, and saw the beast quickly dissapear from view. She looked to see who saved her.

"Xane? Why did you leave me!?" Akira whined. Xane, hooded with her blonde braids sticking out and running down her shoulders, scoffed.

"Psht, I got bored of you," She said, smirking. Akira stared in disbelief.

"It was our mission," Akira stated, "That means we work together."

Xane sighed in exasperation and turned to walk away. Suddenly, she stopped.

"Did you get the rose?" She asked. Akira blushed red.

"Uh....about that...."

"You failed!?" Xane shouted, her hood falling. Her green eyes glared madly.

"I....I tripped..." Akira stuttered as Xane lifted her up by her neck, choking her.

"Superior is going to kill us!" She shouted, holding her tighter.

"I'm...I'm sorry..." Akira whimpered in between breaths.

"Sorry!? That's all you can say you little piece of sh-"

"Xane! Enough." A male voice roared. Xane let go of Akira to turn around. Her eyes widened.

"Uh....Superior..." She stuttered. Akira gasped for air and looked up. Sure enough, Xemnas stood in front of Xane, a not so happy look on his face. He turned to look at Akira.

"Number fourteen. Meeting room." He said. Akira nodded and scurried up quickly. She summoned a portal.

Before Akria got in, She took one last look. Xemnas glared at Xane. Xane gulped.
-----

"So...you fell?" Roxas asked. Akira nodded, looking down at her melted ice cream. She, Roxas, and Axel sat atop the clock tower, as usual.

"Yeah..." She sighed, blushing. Axel laughed. Roxas glared at him. He stopped, then leaned against the wall of the clock tower.

"She's such a bitch...." He remarked calmly. Akira and Roxas stared at him in suprise. Axel scoffed.

"What? Someone had to say it sometime." He added. Roxas started to laugh. Akira joined in with a nervous giggle, while Axel merely chuckled along. They stopped, sighing in unison. A light breeze fluttered through, making its way through Akira's black hair.

Simple and clean, she thought suddenly, the way things should be.

The way things could be.

Last edited:

Bellaisima358

Day 13
Unlucky

Unlucky thirteen, Akira thought as she lay in her bed, waiting for the restroom to be vacant. Her bangs fell over her eyes, shielding the emotions in her pupils. She breathes lightly.

"Hey Akira," Axel slyly jests from the restroom door, stepping out, "It's all yours."

Akira threw the comforter of her bed away from her, and grabbed her clothes. She shoved her way through Roxas and Axel aggresively, unlike her usual quiet and shy self. Roxas stepped back a bit.

"Akira...are you alright?" He asked cautiously. Akira stopped, not facing them. She bit her lip.

"Yeah," She answered, looking to the side yet not meeting their eyes, "I- I'm fine."

She stepped into the restroom, slamming the door behind her.

----

"Akira, you're on a solo mission today," Xemnas announced, smiling slyly at her, "Collect hearts at Twilight Town." Quickly, his smile turned into a frown.

Akira was out of it, staring blankly at the floor beneath her. Her hood was on, unusually, and was perfectly still. As she felt the akward silence, she nodded, never tearing her eyes away from the ground.

"Er-" Xemnas was dazed at her sudden silence. He continued on, giving orders and assigning missions, leaving Akira alone.

-----

It's July 16. Tomorrow....Is July 17. I'll be alone.

-----

Swish, The sound of the keyblade ripped through shadow soldiers and red nocturnes. Hearts exploded from them, quickly going up to Kingdom Hearts. Rip! Slash!

Akira stepped back, panting. Not that hard, she thought, Better than at first.

She de-summoned her keyblade, wiping sweat off her forehead. She felt the cool summer breeze enter her hood, almost knocking it off. She let it, flipping the black hood off and revealing her face. Suddenly, the sound of footsteps rang nearby. Akira froze. Quickly, she put her black hood on, not feeling her fingers.

A person-no, a creature- appeared from the shadows, wearing a black cloak much like Akira's. It's hood was drawn, big round ears sticking out. She summoned her keyblade.

"Who are you!?" She barked, taking one step back. The creature stayed there, waiting.

"Well? I know you're not from the Organization. Speak!" She commanded, shooting fire from the tip of the keyblade. It flew directly at the creature.

Out of nowhere, it drew out a golden keyblade, evading the attack and flipping backwards. He landed on one knee, hood still on.

"Unhood yourself. I know who you are, Princess." It said in a squeaky yet important voice. He stood up in a dignified manner, chest out.

Princess? Is this a Xane joke? She asked herself.

"I see you do not trust," He said. You could tell it was a he, the authority of his voice stronger than a woman's. He raised his arm, bending it inwards. Akira stepped back some more.

He shot his arm out, wind whipping out, hitting Akira smack in the face. The wind was strong enough to knock her down to the ground.

Akira fell on her bum, suprised, then felt the reverberating breeze on her cheeks. Oh no....She reached for her head, and felt her hair instead of cloth. Her eyes widened.

Her hood had come off.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

that was sad and *GASP* =O

Ooooooh i cant wait for the next one

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing

Well I was told to read this, I have read it and it is amazing. I would be suprised, and yet have expecting it if she ended up fighting Beast.

Cogsworth: Please Master, Please Compose yourself!
Dawn Rebirth: Must ... keep ... pressing ... triangle ... button ... to ... get ... Cogsworth ... to ... shut ... up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back