• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Farfetched KH2 theory, I want your opinion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
This theory might seem to be a bit far fetched, but you have to consider that this is a SquareEnix game and those are the masters of farfetched storylines, I only hint at Final Fantasy 1 for all who have played this part of the series.

The game begins with the phrase

There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky. One sky, one destiny.

What is meant by this sentence? Isn’t Sora Japanese for sky? Well, let’s just go there the indirect way. If you explore how the brain works you realize that the way we experience reality is only coded information in the way of electricity. Many theories discuss this subject and create possible world images, the most famous being the concept behind The Matrix, where the world is just an illusion created by some supercomputer. This is pretty much speculation but there are no proofs for or against this. On the other hand the physic behind the functionality of the brain brings you to an interesting conclusion. Because we only experience the world around us via electric impulses, it is not the real world we are experiencing but only a projection of it. As for any projection one or even more dimensions are lost. This projection of the world differs for every person on this planet. If you take for example a person with a red-green weakness, this person is experiencing a completely different world than a person without. And even as nowadays everyone knows that we are living on a sphere with many continents, most of the world map in our brain is simply blank or filled with some strange image, for example Germany being an alpine country for an American. This is not a bad thing for who were able all the information about everything and anyone in the world. But the backside of this extremely interesting brain structure are prejudices and everything that comes with it. Also everyone knows different persons, so the worlds differ greatly, because some person in India for example doesn’t exist in my world because there has never been an hint that such a persons even exists. Therefore there exist many world, everyone being the memory of a different person, but they share all the same sky, the evening background with the small tiny dots, which is pretty much the same for every person on the planet. This concept came to my mind first while watching Schindler’s List. Someone said: “I you save the life of one person, you save the whole world”. Actually I think my concept doesn’t really explain this statement, but it was an interesting thought I just remembered.

This far fetched introduction brings me to my theory of Kingdom Hearts. It is now known that the world is just a memory. As a child you live in a pretty small world, because one simply doesn’t life long enough to know more about it. There is this small world with only friends, family and some others and one doesn’t really know what’s going on. Creatures from books and television are equally real for small kids as a bear in the zoo. Just remember kids wanting to use the force after watching Star Wars. There are many interesting tales about this part of life. There are worlds that can only be entered by kids, one being Neverneverland for example or another one the Land of Elves in early poems by JRR Tolkien. This land could only be accessed by children, they are lead there by the elves at night and live there a happy life with many child friends. Tolkien tries to explain this way, why we sometime think we know a person our whole life without having ever met before, because they have met before they just don’t remember in the land of the fairies as children. Actually I think this world we inhabit as children in harmony with most of our environments and without any concerns is the world adults seek. There is a point in time in adolescence of which we are completely unaware, when we leave this world of peace. We do not realize because we are too eagerly concerned with ourselves, we want to explore realms beyond our small world. But what we don’t realize as well is that once we leave this land, we are never able to come back. If we leave the land of childhood too far and turn around there is only a maze. That is the point when we have become adults, the point Peter Pan consciously tries not to cross, but does in Hook, because he is blind with love and he leaves Neverneverland and forgets about it. In this story he is able to return, and it may be possible, but it is very hard and the cost is enormous for an adult living in a childs world is very likely to be put into psychiatry. But I think every adult turns around at one point because he remembers that he has lost something, but doesn’t see, what he has lost behind him. Only a haze of parts of memories and emotions, the adult remembers that there has been a place of harmony and peace without concern, which in religions is to be referred as paradise. Then again many adults long for this land of childhood, paradise, and try to find a way back there or at least a substitute that brings back the same emotions and memories. Actually I think this is the paradise every adult is looking for, and they are doing this in many different ways. Many become teachers because they long for the emotions they remembered having as child in school being together with all the friends, others are writing books and even others are consuming drugs, I believe this is the actual reason behind all consuming of drugs to return to the paradise we have lost.

Destiny Island is the paradise for Sora, there he lives together with his friends some being fantastical like Selphie, Tidus and Wakka and some being persons of real life like Kairi and Riku. I do not know if they have met in real life or only meet on Destiny Islands as the children in the Land of Elves. Actually I don’t even know if Kairi and Riku are the real person Kairi and Riku or only the memory of real life persons. I could imagine for example Kairi being a kid artist, like singer or actress (a simple reason why Kairi is on the television screens in the Deep Dive trailer) Sora has fallen in love with and just wishes that they would be together on this island. Another possibility could be, that they have met some day in the past as children and fell in love but became separated and from this day on meet each other on Destiny Island. But I thought straight from the beginning of Kingdom Hearts that Destiny Island is only a place in Sora’s imagination (if that’s his real name) for two reasons. The first being the strange way arriving at Destiny Island, he seems to be falling from the sky, comparable to when you close your eyes wishing to be somewhere else the real world vanishes, one false and suddenly appears in ones imagination in the place one wanted to be. The other reason is a scene at the beginning of the game, where we see Sora in a child room somewhere different, it seems to be his home in real life, for no place on Destiny Island looks like that.

We now come to the overall theme of Kingdom Hearts. The Losing of the Land of Childhood and Innocence. Sora, Kairi and Riku are just about the age, when people leave their Land of Childhood because they want to explore the world. We can see this because they are building a boat and plan on leaving the island, Riku is just a bit older than Sora but it is quite obvious that Sora is still a child seeing life as a game and Riku is on the very edge on being an adult. We can see this simply by watching at their features. So Riku is going to leave Destiny Island forever and he will forget about it, thus a part of Destiny Island will vanish. This is the night when the Heartless arrive. But Sora doesn’t want to lose his friend so he fights against the forgetting, and keeps doing so throughout the game. Another hint at this Forgetting about the Land of Childhood is the Castle of Chain of Memories, Oblivion means something like forgotten and therefore not existent. The Neverending Story a book by German author Michael Ende covers this subject as well. Here we have a boy trying to escape the real world via stories, he doesn’t have many friends and is an outsider. I suspect the blond haired kid’s world to be the actual world, he doesn’t seem to belong to the group in that one picture as well. Therefore he escapes to other worlds in his fantasy. Important thing to note here is that both SquareEnix and Disney create fantasy worlds as a living. In his fantasy he’s still the small boy Sora having a happy life with his friends and the girl he loves. What happens in the Neverending Story is that the boy is actually drawn into that fantasy world himself, this could have happened to Sora too. But Sora furthermore could have forgotten reality, so he doesn’t remember the true world. This would also explain all the mixture of creatures and worlds we happen to meet in Kingdom Hearts because if everything happens only in Sora’s mind everything is possible. The fact that Sora is imprisoned in his own imagination might be the issue the one cloaked figure was talking about: To find something you have to lose something dear. Sora has to find back the memory into the real world, but he will lose his childhood dreams. What happens in the Neverending Story is that the fantasy world is being swallowed up by a strange substance called the Nothingness or the Void. This is a symbol for people forgetting about fantasies and dreams because Michael Ende’s wish was that people should not stop reading and forget how important dreams were especially in our childhood. This Nothingness are the Heartless/Non-Existant-Ones, they are consuming the worlds, because the people in the real world are forgetting them. This is also the reason why people simply vanish when they are killed by the heartless because they are simply forgotten. Also in the Neverending Story the boy is being asked by the people of the fantasy world who are very aware of the problem to help them and fight the Nothingness. The same for Sora, he has to fight for all the fantasy creatures to survive. The interesting thing is that the fantasy creatures like Ansem are becoming aware that there are other worlds.

This would all explain why Riku’s character is so deep. He is the most developed character in the game. Riku struggles between the Land of Childhood and real world, while Sora is simply the innocent boy trying to save all that is dear to him. Riku has already lost his child innocence and needs to figure out his way in the world. He has to decide between good and evil the world of light and the world of darkness, as often has already been discussed in many works like Star Wars and the Ying Yang Principle. This is also a hint that if the world-in-between from the Ansem reports really means the world between the world of light and the world of darkness this would be reality, which consists of both parts. And the blond haired kid is of course living in Twilight Town, which for the obvious reason of being Twilight is in the world in-between.

When Sora becomes a Heartless he is able to return to his original state because of the people believing in him and remembering him.

The Deep Dive trailer ends with the words:

Everthing is coming back to me, the true…

This would be perfectly explained by my theory, for the plot of Kingdom Hearts 2 seems to be the search for the real world and Sora’s true self the blond haired boy and these words refer to the point when Sora actually starts to remember his true self. From there on it might be Soras interest to fight against the Forgetting in the true world as well in the Fantasy world and takes the form of the blond haired boy because he realized that his other self is just an memory from the past. Other facts supporting my theory is this one strange scene in the E3 2005 trailer when the blond haired boy attacks DiZ and latter appears to consist of numbers, evidence for DiZ only being an imaginary being consisting of digital information, as he in reality is. Also many of the strange phrases that seem to make no sense at all, seem to fit into the big picture perfectly, like “creatures born from ignorance”. Ignorance meaning not knowing, having forgotten.

I've just heard about the Sora and Sora thing, well doesn't it fit perfectly

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Holy crap! I haven't seen a KH theory this well thought out since... ever! I can tell you're an intelligent person, lets you and me sit down and discuss astro-physics sometime. Most of the people are juvenille 11-17 year olds, I'm 17. But not one has even bothered topost something of this magnitude . You rock. I was just telling my aunt about something similar to this. But we put it in religious terms.

The non-existant ones, the nobodies, and the shells.
In heaven , you cant exist as your flesh. You can only exist there in the spirit. Your flesh dies, and stays here on earth. Actually it returns to the dirt from which it came. Ansem spoke of this, he wrote in one of his reports that he became an existance of heart. In Kingdom Hearts, the spirit stays in the body, and the body dissappears.

As for the nobodies, if your name isn't written in God's book of life, then you don't exist in the other world. Heaven. You aren't complete, just living for your end. Ansem said you and your other you cannot exist in the same place. That is why we have yet to see DiZ, and Ansem in the same place. Which brings me to ask, do you think Sora, and BHK will meet. Seeing as how they are both halves of the same whole. They are the same existing in different places. But if they came together in the same world, at the same exact place, same time and everything, what would be the result of which? I have to leave, but I will pick this up tommorow.

Last edited:

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
That's a good theory, but there's far too much to read in one go... my eyes hurt now after reading it

silverhourglass

that is quite the theory you got there. And yeah you do seem very smart. i didnt read the whole thing though cuz i no like to read.

D

Dexter

Thats a very good theory so that means he is in his dream world!

enygma

its not totally farfetched but i dont like the idea of sora waking up from the end of a long dream at the end of the game, that would completely ruin it. Also your theory say sora is the light BHK is the in between. since everything has to have balance who is sora's dark. sora would have to be actually 1/3 of himself, or well as you said sora would actually be 1 of 2 projections of BHK's childhood, so im wondering who you think the dark side would be

Yanos_Darkspawn

Its a veeeeeery good theory but I think that it will be too dispointing to discover that everything is an imaginary world of some sort, somewhat like in Vanilla sky

sinharvest_angel

i like it, though i havent finished it, im just building of from what other people say, tho they themselves havent finished reading it either, but i really like it

the 4th Islander

The one and only Jayx
Website
www.freewebs.com
whoa........that's the most well thought out farfetched complicated, big-worded logical, unlogical theory I've heard ever!!!!! i gotta agree with everyone here, it would stink if Sora woke up and found out it was all a dream, it would be sad, dissapointing n' stuff but, DUDE YOU ROCK *bows down also*

if that were to happen.... WHO WANTS TO START A DISSAPOINTED FAN CLUB WITH ME?!!!!!! cause there's gonna be one eventually on something, lets hope it's not kingdom hearts but if that was Sora's dream, WOW THAT'S A WHOLE-LOTTA-DETAIL!!!!!!!

oblivion seeker

I like it, and apparently I'm one of the only people on this site that understands it and doesn't have a brain attack when I read it... :D Obviously you've thought about this extensivly. I like the idea, but i also don't. It's a good theory, but I wouldn't like it if the story ended and it was all just Sora pretending all of it... =\

kairiandsora

i was just thinking about that to. you know how sora in the begining was falling from the sky and looked like he was dreaming. maybe at the end of kingdom hearts 2 sora wakes up on the beach of destiny islands and riku and kairi are waiting for him. freaky!

anyone but me

kairiandsora said:
i was just thinking about that to. you know how sora in the begining was falling from the sky and looked like he was dreaming. maybe at the end of kingdom hearts 2 sora wakes up on the beach of destiny islands and riku and kairi are waiting for him. freaky!

Square would never ever do that... and if they did, I would comit suicide, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back