• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Faith healers

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheus

So, anybody heard of 'em? People who "heal" you by touching you (no, stave those horny thoughts off your mind for a second) or by looking at you, or cutting your finger or whatever it is that those folks do. They supposedly draw their "power" from religious or supernatural means, like through the power of God or because their above us in some psychic level.

And they also draw out huge checks from the people they supposedly "heal". It only ever seems to take a single success amidsts a thousand failures to draw the attention of millions. If these so called treatments actually worked most of the time, I suppose it'd be harmless; perhaps even beneficial. But imagine the poor saps who go home in hysterics and refuse medicine on the grounds that they've "been cured".

So, to the religious (and the not), I pose a question; Is it really OK for them to be earning millions just by giving someone a pat on the shoulder, telling them God has healed them and then sending them back home? No, perhaps the first question should be; Do you actually believe that these guys are for real? That they can cure you with a simple prayer, when you could easily do the same and fail? Or are they just frauds who live off the name of religion?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
"Let the power of God run through you" *smack* "Oh and I am Rick James, bitch"

Had to get that out of the way. Anyway faith healers always seemed rather ridiculous to me they heal people who can't walk by touching them on the head and next thing you know the person can walk. They thus saying that they have the power of Jesus in them. I think people just want something like this to believe in cause a lot of hope in the world is diminishing. Of course some of these faith healers realize this and thus give people this hope asa well as makin some profit off the matter.

very differentiable
Awards
They should be plucked like a chicken, and i mean their money and possesions. Then it should be given back to who where tricked by the frauds. People can't always think clear when they're ill, especially if someone offers them a "treatment".

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Haha, this makes me think of "Holy Bottled Water." (Look it up if you don't know what it is)

I really do not believe in these things, most of them are shams and I think that those who profit off of it are wrong.

However, I do believe that some people do seem to perform powerful works. Those who do, I do not believe their power comes from God or any other holy being, rather, demons, other unholy spirits, as the Bible says, keep transforming themselves into "angels of light". So it might seem like something great so a crap load of people are amazed and follow, but its all farce.

Princess of KH

total lie, flat out. & the fact that they go around taking money for healings is worse. i mean, if they were really given these "supernatural powers" that they claim to use on their own, surely they wouldn't accept money for it. why should they get money for healing powers that arent even theirs?
& they think they're "above" us or something? what happened to all men being created equal?
the whole thigs is a plain lie. the whole idea is pretty funny because it's so stupid.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
912.jpg

Seriously though, I do wonder why there are still people gullible enough to believe that.

There was an article in Time that I read a while back about how taking medicine and believing that it works can actually heal you, mentally, even if there's nothing in the medicine. I think that's a lot less far-fetched than the whole faith healer thing. I'd have to look it up, though.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I'd half-blame the customer for falling for it, but the people I honestly wish would swallow a bullet are the parents who believe that by praying, God will heal you. Their children end up dying because they don't receive any medical care, and then their lawyers try to make the argument that it was a religious practice and they're not at fault. Fucking makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back