• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything I hated about Kingdom Hearts II. (Mature content)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBSYHIG

This post will consist of me bitching about a) how gay the final fight was, b) how we didn't see ANY of Roxas throughout the entire game after TT until some shitty unexplained cutscene in TWTNW, c) the very lacking explanation of Twilight Town, d) how little history of Organization XIII there was, and e) that they ****ing KILLED AXEL. I'll probably end up going a little of topic once or twice, so just bear with me... Okay, here goes.

A. - Seriously, what was Square thinking? Where were they? What and why were there buildings flying around? What the **** was the dragon... thing? They just threw together the most random bullshit they could come up. I've seen dogs make pee patterns in the snow that were more coherent than this fight. Well, not really... But I'm trying to make a point. I mean, if anyone wants to explain this to me, please do.

B. - Yeah, **** this. Roxas was kinda gay, kinda girly, but I liked him. A lot. He was so cute and angsty and adorable and I just wanted to feed him cookies and dress him in leather and wait what. But seriously... he was so hot. Then again, so was everyone in the entire game... Oh, except Xaldin. Jesus Christ. Oops, I'm getting sidetracked... I MISSED Roxas. They really just ripped him away from the player, and for me, it was just when I had finally developed something resembling attachment to him. They didn't give us anywhere NEAR the amount of time with him that they should have. Throughout the entire game, there should have been multiple cutscenes about his time in the organization, his relationships with its members, namely Axel, his learning about what he was, his thoughts and reactions to being half a person, etc. etc.... Instead, we just see all the awesome members that we never get to learn anything about being like, **** Roxas, and then Axel being like, Blah I love Roxas, and that's IT!!!!! We see Roxas a total of three times after Twilight Town, and I only gave a shit about one of those times - the cutscene where Axel was like, Waah I would miss you Roxas, I love Roxas, Blah blah blah Roxas. Actually, come to think of it, I think that was a flashback while we were still in Twilight Town. So we only saw him twice. What would have been awesome is if you had gotten to play Sora and his little story for a while, and then been switched into, like, Roxas mode, and played him for a while, starting from when he first came to the organization, then been switched back to Sora mode, etc. etc. I don't know, I would have been satisfied with anything, really. I just kept waiting to see him again. I wanted to actually get to know him, but unfortunately Square didn't let that happen.

C. - I just can't wrap my mind around Square's explanation of Twilight Town when the things that happened in the game happened the way they did. As I understand it, the TT that we play Roxas in wasn't a simulation, wasn't in Roxas's mind, but was an exact, tangible copy of the real TT. Roxas was transported there by the same machine that Sora uses to get to it. Several things confuse me, though. If Sora awoke in the mansion of the real Twilight Town (which we know he did, since the Hayner, Pence and Olette he meets don't know Roxas), why did the gang there feel like they knew him? They were never connected to Roxas, only their fake copies were. How can the real Hayner, Pence and Olette feel close to Sora? I would understand their being upset if they had been the fake ones - he would have reminded them of Roxas. But the real ones? Who is Sora reminding them of? They never knew Roxas. It's just like somebodies and nobodies, the way the mere existence of one can affect the other. But they're not nobodies, and the memories of the fake ones are affecting the memories of the real ones, not the other way around. Are they clones? Since it's not a simulation (we know it's not - Roxas was able to simply walk into the computer room, where the machine that initially transported him was), they can't be just computer generated; they have to be living. How did DiZ just copy a world? Copy the people, copy their hearts? Also, since Axel is able to come and go from the fake Twilight Town using the darkness, we know for a fact that it is NOT separated from other worlds; it's connected, like all the rest of them. That means that DiZ truly did create a real world - true, it's just a copy, and he obviously didn't copy the whole thing since Roxas couldn't go to the beach, but it's still a real world. It's still connected by the darkness that ties all worlds together. So, if that's true, does it have a world heart? If not, how does it exist? Worlds have to have hearts, and we've already proven that although a copied one, TT is still a real world. We are forced to assume that it DOES have a heart. So it's possible to copy hearts? Why didn't organization XIII realize this when Axel found Roxas in the copied Twilight Town? They could have simply copied all the hearts they wanted, copied to their heart's content, copied this, copied that, copied whatever, since it's obviously so ****ing easy to replicate something. **** Square for not thinking this through. There is no way they could possibly justify DiZ's ability to make copies of worlds. Also, what the **** happened to Roxas after he found the fake Sora? And oh God, the fake Sora. Forget it. I can't keep going on about this.

D. - I really was disappointed in the lack of information about the organization. It would have been such a great addition to the game, to have had more of their history, to have seen more cutscenes with just the members. Since the entire ****ing game was about Organization XIII, you'd think we would have been told at least a little more about them.

E. - I HATED this. I don't give a shit if he was a nobody, Axel should have lived, Axel was the shit. Axel was good, Axel knew what was right. He may not have always done it, but he always knew. Axel was innocent, he was just a boy who wanted to get his best friend back. Yeah, I say boy because I think Axel was definitely 19 or younger. Sora got to find Riku and go HOME, why did Axel get to die and Roxas get to be robbed of his free will? Axel gave away his life to save someone he barely knew, just because they were connected to the person he wanted to see most. All that shit about nobodies not being able to feel emotions was complete bullshit, Axel loved Roxas and Axel cared about people. He abandoned the whole organization because he didn't think they were right to do what they were doing. He didn't need to die. Both Axel and Roxas deserved better endings. There were multiple organization members I would have saved if I could have, including Xigbar, who was AWESOME, and Demyx, who was too stupid to be evil, but if I had to choose only one, it would have been Axel.

Oh, and Roxas's ending upset me too. In all honesty, they might as well have killed him, since he won't have a life of his own anymore. I don't care if he's part of Sora, he was a different person who would have led a very different life, and now he can't. Aside from all that, though. I really do love this game, so don't think that just cause I have some complaints that I don't...

I would love to hear anyone's opinions on the above issues.

NIGHTMAREQUEEN

Re: Everything I hated about Kingdom Hearts II.

well it obviously seems u took a long time 2 write this so I'll reply and say............... your crazy the game might have been alittle 2 short but It was good over all

JaZerGames

in my room...on my chair...with my lover *points t
Website
www.youtube.com
a- (haha, i can't reply becuase i have never finished the game, got it the day after it came out and i just don't wanna see the ending. the 2nd game was to much of a let down to be over)

b- Roxas, i think square wanted to make him a mystery, i do agree with you that it would have been cool to be able to switch off and learn about both stories but at the same time you have to think about the lv./items/magic system. How would they level? would you keep the same lv throughout the game or would it change for each sora and roxas?

c- i didn't get an ounce on info of TT from playing the game, it made no sense, and compared to the first world in kh 1, destiny islands, it was nothing! it was so dull! all the colors the same and the music made me want to shot myself...

d- don't get my brother started on O. XIII, like, wtf?! an organization...of evil? Come on.

e- Axel, can't say much about him...never really liked him...neither did i like roxas...

btw, i LOVE yer avatar XD

BBSYHIG

Hehe thanks! I edited the picture of Sora myself. I don't think the switching from Roxas mode to Sora mode would be complicated... Their levels and items would be completely separate, but you would play them both for equal amounts of time, so they'd end up levelling up at around the same rate...

Hyakkimaru Hiro

I read the title, and I thought:
"Great. Another dumb motherf***er that only joined the forum to diss the game."
Then I read your post.

Wow, you really gave a thought about the game. I mostly agree with all you have to say, except for Roxas (I think having more cutscenes of him would be ok but I kinda liked the whole "we make you like character and then take character from you", it kinda fitted with Roxas. Oh, the sadness.) and Axel (I mean, he cheated -about dying- on Sora at Castle Oblivion and on Roxas at Twilight Town. He also killed members of the Org. for only his own profit.)

Khaston

Your whole post is about certain parts of the story not making sense, and yet you complain when your favourite character dies.

None of the Organization should have survived, no matter how cool they where, they where evil (with the exclusion of Axel, but he killed himself anyway) to kill 10 of them and leave 3 alive would have made no sense whatsoever.

The people in the Twilight Town created by DiZ where just data created from real hearts, so no, its not actually possible to copy hearts.

But I definately agree with you about the absense of Roxas throughout the game, I would have liked for him to appear a bit more for whatever reason, even if we just hear his voice or see him or whatever, I mean he was there the whole time.

Great avatar too BBSYHIG ^^./

BBSYHIG

Khaston -

Your whole post is about certain parts of the story not making sense, and yet you complain when your favourite character dies.

My subject was "Everything I hated," not "The parts of the story that didn't make sense that I hated." Most of my complaints were about the story not making sense, but since I was covering ALL the things I didn't like, I wrote about Axel dying.

None of the Organization should have survived, no matter how cool they where, they where evil (with the exclusion of Axel, but he killed himself anyway) to kill 10 of them and leave 3 alive would have made no sense whatsoever.

You're right about Xigbar and Demyx, and, truth be told, it would have annoyed me if they had survived... even though I liked them. It just wouldn't have fit. Saving Axel could have made sense, though.

The people in the Twilight Town created by DiZ where just data created from real hearts, so no, its not actually possible to copy hearts.

Alright, so let's say that the people of the fake Twilight Town were data. That still leaves the world heart. The place could not have been just data. Darkness ties worlds together; it wouldn't connect to information generated by a machine. DiZ HAD to have made an actual world for the organization to be able to travel to it, and thus HAD to have made a new world heart. And, not that this matters, since we already have proof that it's possible to copy hearts, but if Hayner, Pence, and Olette of the fake Twilight Town were just data, how did they affect the gang of the real one? Why did the HP&O in the real TT feel like they knew Sora?

But I definately agree with you about the absense of Roxas throughout the game, I would have liked for him to appear a bit more for whatever reason, even if we just hear his voice or see him or whatever, I mean he was there the whole time.

Great avatar too BBSYHIG ^^.

: D thanks.

Aly-chan

oh u prankstahs ★
First of all :

Cussing is now NOT allowed on the forums, so cool it down. :\

And most of this story goes along to another game. You just have to sit and wait for the near future. The game leads to another part. Roxas isn't gone. He just was re-linked back to Sora.

Axel....well, I can't really reply to all that. I was disappointed ro, but I am complaining.

Hopefully,IF there is another game it will be better, and have more explainations of what was happening.

~Aly

Last edited:

Tokyly

A place . . . where nothing really special ever ha
Let me clear up your copying problem

You know Yensid's Tower? Hey its another place but it doesn't have its own heart, because its part of twilight town. DiZ just created another place is all. After Roxas joined with the fake Sora, all the data in theory was taken from TT and released into the real world. DiZ could download hearts into data, so in theory he could turn data into reality, thus everone remember Sora after the fact. This is just a theory though.

Sora_is_mine*2

lol
And HOW many times have you played this game you say? Maybe some questions can be answered if you play it again.

Well, thanks for typing a whole lot, and that's why I'm posting back.
So, who knows. Of course there's loads of mystery in KH2, but thats what the upcoming games are here for. They'll tell us.
Some of the parts were stupid, but I suppose just being there and not caring what other people thought was the base of it all. So, laughing at things you don't think are funny are well...meh. You'll get it once it happens.

Anyways, this is just what you think, so yeah.
Now if you'll excuse me I have to go throw my retarded old Furby across the room.

BBSYHIG

Let me clear up your copying problem

You know Yensid's Tower? Hey its another place but it doesn't have its own heart, because its part of twilight town. DiZ just created another place is all. After Roxas joined with the fake Sora, all the data in theory was taken from TT and released into the real world. DiZ could download hearts into data, so in theory he could turn data into reality, thus everone remember Sora after the fact. This is just a theory though.

About the tower - like you said, it's part of the real Twilight Town's world, so it doesn't need a separate heart. And, sorry if I misunderstood you, but you're saying DiZ just made a physical place that wasn't really a world and didn't have a world heart? It just seems weird that darkness would automatically connect to something that someone created, something that didn't even have a heart. What about the people that lived there? Are they just, like the place you described, physical things that aren't really people and don't have hearts? Or are they data? Arggg haha thinking this much is making my brain melt. And I don't understand about Roxas joining with the fake Sora, and the data being released. Ansem's machine totally slipped my mind... your point about him being able to convert hearts into data, thus probably being able to convert data into hearts is a great one. Er I didn't catch what you meant about everyone remembering Sora after the fact, though.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
This post will consist of me bitching about a) how gay the final fight was, b) how we didn't see ANY of Roxas throughout the entire game after TT until some shitty unexplained cutscene in TWTNW, c) the very lacking explanation of Twilight Town, d) how little history of Organization XIII there was, and e) that they ****ing KILLED AXEL. I'll probably end up going a little of topic once or twice, so just bear with me... Okay, here goes.

A. - Seriously, what was Square thinking? Where were they? What and why were there buildings flying around? What the **** was the dragon... thing? They just threw together the most random bullshit they could come up. I've seen dogs make pee patterns in the snow that were more coherent than this fight. Well, not really... But I'm trying to make a point. I mean, if anyone wants to explain this to me, please do.

B. - Yeah, **** this. Roxas was kinda gay, kinda girly, but I liked him. A lot. He was so cute and angsty and adorable and I just wanted to feed him cookies and dress him in leather and wait what. But seriously... he was so hot. Then again, so was everyone in the entire game... Oh, except Xaldin. Jesus Christ. Oops, I'm getting sidetracked... I MISSED Roxas. They really just ripped him away from the player, and for me, it was just when I had finally developed something resembling attachment to him. They didn't give us anywhere NEAR the amount of time with him that they should have. Throughout the entire game, there should have been multiple cutscenes about his time in the organization, his relationships with its members, namely Axel, his learning about what he was, his thoughts and reactions to being half a person, etc. etc.... Instead, we just see all the awesome members that we never get to learn anything about being like, **** Roxas, and then Axel being like, Blah I love Roxas, and that's IT!!!!! We see Roxas a total of three times after Twilight Town, and I only gave a shit about one of those times - the cutscene where Axel was like, Waah I would miss you Roxas, I love Roxas, Blah blah blah Roxas. Actually, come to think of it, I think that was a flashback while we were still in Twilight Town. So we only saw him twice. What would have been awesome is if you had gotten to play Sora and his little story for a while, and then been switched into, like, Roxas mode, and played him for a while, starting from when he first came to the organization, then been switched back to Sora mode, etc. etc. I don't know, I would have been satisfied with anything, really. I just kept waiting to see him again. I wanted to actually get to know him, but unfortunately Square didn't let that happen.

C. - I just can't wrap my mind around Square's explanation of Twilight Town when the things that happened in the game happened the way they did. As I understand it, the TT that we play Roxas in wasn't a simulation, wasn't in Roxas's mind, but was an exact, tangible copy of the real TT. Roxas was transported there by the same machine that Sora uses to get to it. Several things confuse me, though. If Sora awoke in the mansion of the real Twilight Town (which we know he did, since the Hayner, Pence and Olette he meets don't know Roxas), why did the gang there feel like they knew him? They were never connected to Roxas, only their fake copies were. How can the real Hayner, Pence and Olette feel close to Sora? I would understand their being upset if they had been the fake ones - he would have reminded them of Roxas. But the real ones? Who is Sora reminding them of? They never knew Roxas. It's just like somebodies and nobodies, the way the mere existence of one can affect the other. But they're not nobodies, and the memories of the fake ones are affecting the memories of the real ones, not the other way around. Are they clones? Since it's not a simulation (we know it's not - Roxas was able to simply walk into the computer room, where the machine that initially transported him was), they can't be just computer generated; they have to be living. How did DiZ just copy a world? Copy the people, copy their hearts? Also, since Axel is able to come and go from the fake Twilight Town using the darkness, we know for a fact that it is NOT separated from other worlds; it's connected, like all the rest of them. That means that DiZ truly did create a real world - true, it's just a copy, and he obviously didn't copy the whole thing since Roxas couldn't go to the beach, but it's still a real world. It's still connected by the darkness that ties all worlds together. So, if that's true, does it have a world heart? If not, how does it exist? Worlds have to have hearts, and we've already proven that although a copied one, TT is still a real world. We are forced to assume that it DOES have a heart. So it's possible to copy hearts? Why didn't organization XIII realize this when Axel found Roxas in the copied Twilight Town? They could have simply copied all the hearts they wanted, copied to their heart's content, copied this, copied that, copied whatever, since it's obviously so ****ing easy to replicate something. **** Square for not thinking this through. There is no way they could possibly justify DiZ's ability to make copies of worlds. Also, what the **** happened to Roxas after he found the fake Sora? And oh God, the fake Sora. Forget it. I can't keep going on about this.

D. - I really was disappointed in the lack of information about the organization. It would have been such a great addition to the game, to have had more of their history, to have seen more cutscenes with just the members. Since the entire ****ing game was about Organization XIII, you'd think we would have been told at least a little more about them.

E. - I HATED this. I don't give a shit if he was a nobody, Axel should have lived, Axel was the shit. Axel was good, Axel knew what was right. He may not have always done it, but he always knew. Axel was innocent, he was just a boy who wanted to get his best friend back. Yeah, I say boy because I think Axel was definitely 19 or younger. Sora got to find Riku and go HOME, why did Axel get to die and Roxas get to be robbed of his free will? Axel gave away his life to save someone he barely knew, just because they were connected to the person he wanted to see most. All that shit about nobodies not being able to feel emotions was complete bullshit, Axel loved Roxas and Axel cared about people. He abandoned the whole organization because he didn't think they were right to do what they were doing. He didn't need to die. Both Axel and Roxas deserved better endings. There were multiple organization members I would have saved if I could have, including Xigbar, who was AWESOME, and Demyx, who was too stupid to be evil, but if I had to choose only one, it would have been Axel.

Oh, and Roxas's ending upset me too. In all honesty, they might as well have killed him, since he won't have a life of his own anymore. I don't care if he's part of Sora, he was a different person who would have led a very different life, and now he can't. Aside from all that, though. I really do love this game, so don't think that just cause I have some complaints that I don't...

Your points are pretty on target. Well, most. D= xD

First of all, the dragon wasn't really too random. Look at the final boss in Kingdom Heats, he was a combination of Xehanort's gaurdian and heartless. And Dogs can't pee better things in the snow.

Besides that, I think we are all mostly upset because we expected so much more from this game....A lot more...Nice topic.

Voltron

Silver Member

i agree with all of those except the axel one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back