• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everyone, please read this!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
R K O said:
There's a good chance this place will NEVER go back to the way it was. Even with the help of the seniors, that would only be half of the problem solved.

The other problems would involve bringing the forums back to the way it was before and should the seniors choose to stay in the new forums, then we can't really afford any "mistakes" along the way. We don't want them to get mad or annoyed.

well theres really to few senior members left, i'm sure the number is around 100, compared to the thousands(8000?) non senior members who can't begin to comprehend the change

Last edited:

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I have a question...

How many of these complaints actually have some substance and truth behind them? How many of them are simply complaints based on opinion rather than something that is factual and known?

If they are actual problems, sure we'll listen. But only if you say it in a reasonable and mature manner. And I'm sorry, but a lot of the people on this forum act immature. If something gets said, we don't need about..say..20 other posts just confirming it without any actual substance. If you're gonna complain, say something that may be able to help us. Just saying "Yeah, he's right. Such-n-such is wrong and I don't like it!" isn't gonna help us. If it's something like "well, I just don't like it," then more than likely we're gonna ignore it.

Btw, wanna know why the site has been down? This forum eats tons of bandwidth that was affecting the entire server. In other words, it was sapping bandwidth from other websites that ran from the server. The culprits of the leeching? The vBChat and RPG. Hence why we're changing servers to something that can withstand the massive load.

Bring the forums back to the way they were before? What defines that? And actually, that's what's keeping many from accepting this board. They're too attached to the past to move on to the future. Thus, they either leave or stay and cause more problems than good.

Then you say senior members. What defines that? Can't use number as member number isn't around. All you got is join date.

Last edited:

evil_kenshin

Hollow Bastion said:
Then you say senior members. What defines that? Can't use number as member number isn't around. All you got is join date.

you just answerd your own question didn't you? a senior member is someone that has been at this forum since near the begining

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Hollow Bastion said:
Bring the forums back to the way they were before? What defines that? And actually, that's what's keeping many from accepting this board. They're too attached to the past to move on to the future. Thus, they either leave or stay and cause more problems than good.
I don't mean that as in vB or IPB but the feeling this place had. I almost knew everyones name but now this place is overflowed with new members every week its getting harder to know everyone.

My complaint - the way this place is being run! It's a dictatorship! If someone says something about the Midnighter that he doesn't like then deletes the topic and bans the member. I find that unfair.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
evil_kenshin said:
you just answerd your own question didn't you? a senior member is someone that has been at this forum since near the begining
Once again, what is that standard? As something ages, the requirements for "veteran" change as well.

My complaint - the way this place is being run! It's a dictatorship! If someone says something about the Midnighter that he doesn't like then deletes the topic and bans the member. I find that unfair.
Do you have any proof that this has happened? You know, aside from the Revolution thread which, in my opinion, was uncalled for and immature.

Last edited:

R K O

Hollow Bastion said:
And actually, that's what's keeping many from accepting this board. They're too attached to the past to move on to the future. Thus, they either leave or stay and cause more problems than good.
I don't blame em. It's hard to accept change. I know because change f***ed up my life a long long time ago. <<

You can't expect people to just forget about the old forums. Some people (especially the ones from January) don't care cause they haven't been here long enough.
The people who have been here long enough, will defineatly miss the old forums. Or atleast most of them.

Again, if the seniors, or other members, are not happy, then I guarantee another Revolution. This forum is just starting to lose interest. This place just hasn't been active as it was in the past.

Last edited:

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
R K O said:
I don't blame em. It's hard to accept change. I know because change f***ed up my life a long long time ago. <<

You can't expect people to just forget about the old forums. Some people (especially the ones from January) don't care cause they haven't been here long enough.
The people who have been here long enough, will defineatly miss the old forums. Or atleast most of them.
Yeah, I miss it; however, I'm able to move on. I realize that change is gonna happen. Fighting it isn't gonna help things.

R K O

Yes, I understand you and some others are able to move on. The other people however have a more difficult time. Maybe those people are far more attached to the old forums than you and I.

Depending on the change, you can fight it back. ;)

T

titusx04

yall should pay like 100 gil to all the new members who stayed for a month or longer and then 100 more another month thats what i think would convince people to stay

mistyElk0

The Torrent of Power
When the forums first changed. It bothered me. It just looked alot more confusing that it was before. But now I like it. It's more organized than it was before and there's more stuff. Like in the rpg inferno now their's triple triad, more shops, different jobs and you have to evovle to get to the next level of job. I think it's neet. I was really attached to the old forums. "I joined like in March of 04. Sometime towards the begining." But life goes on and edventually you have to except change. Even if you don't like it very much.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
titusx04 said:
yall should pay like 100 gil to all the new members who stayed for a month or longer and then 100 more another month thats what i think would convince people to stay
I don't care about the RPG and that isn't what this topic is about. What is it with you and gil? (its so obvious you are rikux15 and all those other alias's) This topic is about the forum.

Hollow Bastion said:
Do you have any proof that this has happened? You know, aside from the Revolution thread which, in my opinion, was uncalled for and immature.
I myself can't recall any instances but evil_kenshin has mentioned some before.

Anti-Dark

personally I liek the new boards, it's not as good, the RPG is a little bit better, but the way the boards are run, on ocassion does annoy me, I will not be the one to actually insult anyone because I think aside from a few instances people have done their jobs, but there are times when they either haven't or went too far with their jobs, in different aspects, there are many reasons why people are leaving though

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please shuttup about the RPG. I hope the RPG would just randomly explode. If you actually came to these forums just for the RPG then-..well I dont know. FOrums are meant for communication. And alot of people arn't willing to accept the change because they jsut plain loved how things were before. If you had something that was completely working would you change it for the worse...someone is going to throw at me "Well You voted.." no i voted no change. I knew it was going to lead to this in the first place.

Also it isn;t a dictatorship. sure it's a little strict but not near a dictatorship guys. They have the same thing "dont diss the admin" in almost every other highly popular forum. And no offence but alot of the newer members have been annoying me too...they all talk the same..and it makes this forum feel empty..just filled with robots who I am not willing to communicate with. If I go to the forum insanity I ussually see a "revolution" or "this sucks" or "TM Sucks" thread. The members arn't helping! If a senior member sees a thread like that, there going to know there "beloved" forum is in a bad state.

So its not just the mods "bad judgement" but the members "bad disciple" that ruins the forums. Everyone is at fault and no one is at fault at the same time. *twitches* o_o;; I have no idea what I'm saying place ignore me. *Goes to corner and rocks back and forth*

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
monkeybutt said:
Also it isn't a dictatorship. sure it's a little strict but not near a dictatorship guys. They have the same thing "dont diss the admin" in almost every other highly popular forum.
A "Don't Diss the Admin" rule is ok with me as long as its without reason. If you have a reason to call the admin an idiot (a proper reason), I can't see why not. It's negative feedback helps you to improve.

Anti-Dark

no, a forum, no matter what should be like a gov't, members need to have rights, if I objected to something that TM or another powerful mod or someone did, I would atleast be suspended, while even if what I said was true, Free Speech, allows americans to speak out against teh gov't as long as they do not lie, taking just that away turns it into a dictatorship, and on this forum, you can't speak out without getting in trouble, while on other forums you can, then the admins actually take into consideration what you say, those are the truly good forums, and actually the only thing that is keeping me here are a few members, a few members that may be planning on coming back, and the new more challenging RPG

evil_kenshin

Johnny Stooge said:
I myself can't recall any instances but evil_kenshin has mentioned some before.

ok

here are a list of some instances
- the topic where it stated were not allowed to complain, i think it was made by larexene back when she was a mod
- the ban of someone for being an idiot (i can't vouch if this is true or not but in several complaints about the way this forum is run and stuff it was mentioned in several of them)
- the way larexene was handeled, since by some theory because she posted in another forum that critisized the midnighter he came to the theory that she must be planning to do with her mod powers some great evil to this forum thus she was fired as a mod
- lots of topics that criticize the forum are either locked/deleted/moved to the trashh
- the cheating by mods (at first it was the midnighter but he gave the resonable excuse he was testing which is fair enough, but now zackstorm has got several magick abilities his used to battle with that are expensive to buy and now is fairly strong, sure the midnighter doesnt battle so it doesn't bother me, but zackstorm does and he entered the tourneyment so to some degree its unfair) yet if were caught cheating were banned

Last edited:

Dancbanks

Boldly Going Nowhere
Website
www.habhelp.com
I've got an idea.....
Make 10 geocities and 2 tk sites with only the link to this site on it, and when they search for kingdom hearts- BOOM! if five people do it, that would be 60 more hits (at least) for the forums.
Am I good or what?

evil_kenshin

Dancbanks said:
I've got an idea.....
Make 10 geocities and 2 tk sites with only the link to this site on it, and when they search for kingdom hearts- BOOM! if five people do it, that would be 60 more hits (at least) for the forums.
Am I good or what?

feh, your assuming to much, the odds of people finding those sites out of all the other sites for one thing is low as there are over a million sites, another thing is your assuming they will registerd, ya want people to register not just look at the site they don't want hits they want members, also the odds of people even clicking the links on the sites you wish to create arn't exactly 100% gaurenteed to be clicked on

Last edited:

R K O

Anti-Dark said:
no, a forum, no matter what should be like a gov't, members need to have rights, if I objected to something that TM or another powerful mod or someone did, I would atleast be suspended, while even if what I said was true, Free Speech, allows americans to speak out against teh gov't as long as they do not lie, taking just that away turns it into a dictatorship, and on this forum, you can't speak out without getting in trouble, while on other forums you can, then the admins actually take into consideration what you say, those are the truly good forums, and actually the only thing that is keeping me here are a few members, a few members that may be planning on coming back, and the new more challenging RPG
How right you are :D
This is what? The 3rd time I had to talk about Freedom of Speech? <_<

Ahem, anyway I'm tired of people who are always like "If you don't like it leave. It's your F-ing fault", especially a certain SOMEONE! (you know who you are). It's people like those that makes this conflict much bigger.

Unlike HB, I don't need to listen to valid reasonings. Any insult or compliment without reasons is good enough for me. It tells me how they are feeling, whether happy, mad, or just idiotic. And I don't consider things like "The forums suck" or "You rock!" spam. It's still something.

In simple: We ARE allowed to say ANYTHING we want. Whether someone likes it or not.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
@R K O
I simply want to hear criticism that actually has substance. How is "The forums suck" gonna help us find AND fix the problem?

here are a list of some instances
- the topic where it stated were not allowed to complain, i think it was made by larexene back when she was a mod
- the ban of someone for being an idiot (i can't vouch if this is true or not but in several complaints about the way this forum is run and stuff it was mentioned in several of them)
- the way larexene was handeled, since by some theory because she posted in another forum that critisized the midnighter he came to the theory that she must be planning to do with her mod powers some great evil to this forum thus she was fired as a mod
- lots of topics that criticize the forum are either locked/deleted/moved to the trashh
- the cheating by mods (at first it was the midnighter but he gave the resonable excuse he was testing which is fair enough, but now zackstorm has got several magick abilities his used to battle with that are expensive to buy and now is fairly strong, sure the midnighter doesnt battle so it doesn't bother me, but zackstorm does and he entered the tourneyment so to some degree its unfair) yet if were caught cheating were banned
1. Hm..I vaguely remember something like this...but I'm not sure. Do you know if it's still in existence?
2. ...Wait, what? Someone was banned because they were an idiot? And this is a reason to complain about the forums?
3. This sure does show how much I know. Didn't know anything happened with Larxene.
4. A lot of those topics are simply repeats and have already been discussed. Trust me, us mods don't want to go to Site Feedback/Support or FI and see 20+ threads or posts all saying the same thing. So what do we do? We delete all the others and save one for a real discussion, until it becomes a spamfest or full of flamebait. If there are cases outside of this, please give me examples (if you do not want to post them here, please pm them to me)
5. Midnighter's "cheating" is acceptable. He's the RPG admin and therefore has the right to test everything to make sure bugs don't occur. Now, I didn't know this about Zack though. If he did get things that were added outside of actual working, then yes, he should not be allowed to participate in the tourny. But again, I have limited knowledge on this so I won't say much.

So its not just the mods "bad judgement" but the members "bad disciple" that ruins the forums. Everyone is at fault and no one is at fault at the same time. *twitches* o_o;; I have no idea what I'm saying place ignore me. *Goes to corner and rocks back and forth*
As was said by some mods on the UT forums, they didn't need any more mods. They simply need more regular members to abide by the rules and to help report bad posts and threads. This makes the job of the mods much easier and tends to make the rules more lax. Fight agains the mods and more than likely, rules will become more authoritarian. Work together and things become more laxed. It's an easy concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back