• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

eheh.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

I guess this is where I should put these? It's digital/traditional art.
Used my Wacom to draw the pics in Paint (to use the spray can tool >.>), put them in Photoshop for the patterns (which I can't for the life of me remember where I got). - Creds to whoever made them?

I'm planning on using these for a site/blog I'm building.

woman.

woman two.

man.

men who smoke.

venice.
I guess. I had to look at a magazine for this one. I experimented a little too. meh...

I may update this thread later if I get enough positive feedback. The overall style I want for my site is a sketchy/pastel feel. Let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Whoa, tight shit.

Liking it a lot, although I found the woman to be a bit eh. Still great though.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
the venice one is good if you look hard enough.
You should put more into the style though, only
because it can get old seeing the same thing over
and over again, and i'd also maybe enlarge the pictures
a little, like you did with the guy/

but like Ken said, it's tight shit
plus we need more ppl in the TM
section to make things here more lively,
and it's always appreciated to have another
member present their work here.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

Thanks guys.

And yeah, I'll try some stuff with patterns so it doesn't get too repetitive. I'm working on a new pic right now actually. It's larger than the others, & slightly more intricate I think. Er... At least I'm spending more time on it.

Shall post when finished.
:)

Sora05

Yeah I agree, the style is different and I like it. But the Woman one I'm not sure about.
Still looks good though.

~RexchalOrgXIII~

Two new ones. Finished them up last night.

woman two.
This one is actually my favorite so far! :D I'm thinking this is going to be on the home page for my site. I tried to change up the opacity of the pattern so it looked more three-dimensional.

men who smoke.
I think this one's rather overdone. Was mostly experimenting with opacity, different patterns, and gradient overlays to see how that looked. Used gradients on the streets.

Also, I sux0rz with hands. :/ I'm working on it.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh wow, you were right. These do look a lot better on here than they did on your phone. They are pretty fantastic, though like the others said, the woman is a bit meh. She just seems a bit unfinished to me. Same goes for the Venice picture; the top half is kinda hard to distinguish, you know?

Still, pretty awesome. Also, why didn't I know about this blog D:

~RexchalOrgXIII~

Oh wow, you were right. These do look a lot better on here than they did on your phone. They are pretty fantastic, though like the others said, the woman is a bit meh. She just seems a bit unfinished to me. Same goes for the Venice picture; the top half is kinda hard to distinguish, you know?

Still, pretty awesome. Also, why didn't I know about this blog D:

Yeah, definitely better than my phone. XD Man, I think the woman one is one of my favorites, I dunno why people think it looks unfinished. :/ Meh, oh well...

And the blog isn't anywhere near finish. I'm still working on the css for it.

Do you draw from reference or do you just draw?
Because if it's the latter, kick ass.

Reference for buildings. Like the background on the smoking one I had to use an old pic from a USA mag. But people I draw myself. I used to work at a Rue21 clothes store, so I got (extremely -.- ...) familiar with clothing and how it folds and whatnot.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, definitely better than my phone. XD Man, I think the woman one is one of my favorites, I dunno why people think it looks unfinished. :/ Meh, oh well...

I think it's mostly her head. She seems to be balding, thining or something. There's also the matter of the black in the middle of the patterns that make it seem unfinished. You probably could have put in another pattern there and it would have looked a lot better.

That and make her not look like a recovering chemo patient :]

And the blog isn't anywhere near finish. I'm still working on the css for it.

Well yeah, but still :v

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Two new ones. Finished them up last night.

woman two.
This one is actually my favorite so far! :D I'm thinking this is going to be on the home page for my site. I tried to change up the opacity of the pattern so it looked more three-dimensional.

men who smoke.
I think this one's rather overdone. Was mostly experimenting with opacity, different patterns, and gradient overlays to see how that looked. Used gradients on the streets.

Also, I sux0rz with hands. :/ I'm working on it.
men who smoke is ehhhhhhhhhhh.

The large amount of patterns actually almost gave me a headache, so I'd tone down on that. Selective patterning would be better imo.

Use less lines for the hair in woman two, it'll look nicer and more presentable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back