• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EA to charge $80 for PS4/Xbox One games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I will pay $80 for a game on the very rare occasion its the special edition of a game I'm ecstatic about (Catherine and The Last of Us come to mind...), but 80 bucks for a standard game? No thanks. I'll gladly wait out a price drop. EA kinda sucks anyway, so I won't be super heartbroken if this is true.

axel95

Awards
Even if this is true, which it isn't, EA will change it when their crap games don't sell. Example: Xbox One.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Yeah because the Xbox One changed its policies because it wasn't selling well.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah because the Xbox One changed its policies because it wasn't selling well.

And they changed it very quickly at that, I don't know what they were expecting in the first place though.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm pretty sure their games will be $59.99 here. I think this is just a misunderstanding due to the fact the UK usually pay more than we do for games (well, mostly everybody does, don't they?). That may be approximately $80 in the US as a direct conversion, but the prices we pay are hardly ever converted directly.

I'd wait on official word. Especially since the only official word we do have claims most games will continue to be $59.99 (and I want to think the few games that see an increase in price are just the special/collectors editions of otherwise standard releases).

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Not all games are EA games. This is specifically talking about games published by EA.

Can they really change the price like that though? You don't see any publisher raising the price of their games on the PS3, and Sony and Microsoft specifically said that game prices will stay at $60.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Can they really change the price like that though? You don't see any publisher raising the price of their games on the PS3, and Sony and Microsoft specifically said that game prices will stay at $60.

I'm also wondering this, is it really up to the publisher, because I don't recall a single instance of a normal game being more than $60 this gen

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I would make a bad joke about Australian game prices, but I'm fairly sure they pay $100+ for games normally.
Our prices are inclusive of tax, which I believe yours are not. Not that tax accounts for that much. The GST is only 10%.

A lot of PS4 games are confirmed for $98 on the EB Games website. I imagine that it'll get a lot more competitive closer to the release dates as it has been lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back