• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EA to charge $80 for PS4/Xbox One games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Err this seems to be a terrible misconception. Europe's market and economy is valued at higher rates than North America. Reference

Gram

Banned
Awards
It better be a misconception, that's kinda outrageous to me. =P

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
All the more reason to not buy their games :D

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I would make a bad joke about Australian game prices, but I'm fairly sure they pay $100+ for games normally.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I think they could get that high in the early days of the seventh generation, though in the last few years its come down to $80. We'd be looking at at least $120 for these, which is just absurd.

But it's not like a big company is going to monitor itself for budgeting and reasonable spending when they can just offload the costs onto the customer.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Can't say I play very many EA games. But it's pretty bad for the people who do. Then again, they need to make a profit, if they don't make profit, what's the use of a company?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Then again, they need to make a profit, if they don't make profit, what's the use of a company?

This is the type of mentality that led to the Xbox One's original DRM features. We all know how much we loved that.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Then again, they need to make a profit, if they don't make profit, what's the use of a company?
Big-name games like Madden and Battlefield will always sell well. Rather than trying to reinvent the hyper-polished wheel, EA could (crazy as it would seem to them) spend less on their games, and generally budged and market things better. Learn their lesson from Dead Space 3, and stop dumping money into a game that people outside of its genre/mechanics niche aren't going to care to pick up.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
That's true. I'm not arguing at all. It is unfair.

Most of EA games are like sports/racing games and stuff with the occasional shooter, so I'm not really that interested. However, for those who play those games, they are kinda being taken advantage of. I said what I said about profit to shed some light from their perspective, but good intentions don't override being taken advantage of.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Big-name games like Madden and Battlefield will always sell well. Rather than trying to reinvent the hyper-polished wheel, EA could (crazy as it would seem to them) spend less on their games, and generally budged and market things better. Learn their lesson from Dead Space 3, and stop dumping money into a game that people outside of its genre/mechanics niche aren't going to care to pick up.

I'm still upset what they did to Dead Space 3. And for some people, how they ruined Mass Effect as well.
They were kinda starting to get back in a better direction, getting rid of online passes and all. But paying $80 for a standard edition (ie not special edition) of a game is ludicrous. Games are expensive already as it is

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Forever, those are not confirmed prices. Those are prices GameStop put like they do with every early game. If EA is able to change the prices, those will change.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'm highly doubting this is true, but if it is.. wow. I really don't even have other words. That's such a shitty idea.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Forever, those are not confirmed prices. Those are prices GameStop put like they do with every early game. If EA is able to change the prices, those will change.

I have checked with EA reps; These are confirmed prices $59.99 all of their games for PS4 and Xbox One (save for digital or special editions which are yet to be determined)

I spoke with one of my EA contacts about the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back