• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Duality: A series of double story minis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Brought to you by:

B.O.K.S
kittens-in-box.jpg

Box Of Kittens Studios

-Alright! So out of boredom and sheer randomness, tons of ideas popped into my head! These ideas are various miniature stories. None of them will relate to one another, other than the central theme behind this whole thread.

That theme being there is two ways the story can be read. What do I mean? When you read, do you not picture the events in your head? I wish to have you read through it once with the more obvious one. After, try and see an alternate way of reading it.

I hope doing it for yourself will give a better understanding of what I mean. And if not, then I am probably just crazy. :D

PS- I am crazy.

EDIT- In order to make it so everyone has the same thought provoking experience as everyone else, please refrain from saying openly what the Duality is. You may post it in this thread in spoiler tags or VM/PM me your guess if you are truely dying to know. Thank you and enjoy!!

A suicide mission, that's what they called it.

I was sent alone on a mission across fields and bodies of water alike. Our leader was kidnapped, yet again, and I wasn't going to let that villian get away. After what it felt like I traversed through many levels of Hell, battling his various generals, I finally made it to the end. Finally arrived at the place I was aiming for the whole time.

Without any weapons, I stormed the place. The enemies littered the single hallway, trying to impede my path. I knew only danger was awaiting me, but there was no going back. I'd know, I tried, never to be successful.

Running forward, I jumped, slid, and ducked through the creative yet repetitive traps set up along the way. Finally, I was forced to engage an enemy troop, dodging his slow movement and bring down my foot atop his head, crushing him instantly and ending his life. Just as with that poor victim, I was forced to slay many others. All that remained as I marched forward were shells, littering the ground where my opponents once where.

But I didn't look back. Like I said, that was impossible as I made my way into the next area.

At this point, I had made it to the end. I had a feeling I was some stories high up, maybe even near the top of this place. At the other end of the room, I could see the hostage, locked away in a cage. As I took a step forward onto a strange, metallic like bridge, I was greeted with a terrifying foe. Leaping from nowhere, it was none other than the leader of our enemy, ready to get his claws around my neck.

I didn't have much time to think, for soon I found myself facing a wave of fire! I dodged it successful, but made sure to be ready for more should he attack again.

But when I looked over to where he was, no longer was he sending flames my way. Instead, he had leapt into the air, intending to come down on me with his crushing weight. Seeing as he was nearly three times my side, I would have been killed in one, maybe two shots if I was at my best. Not wanting to take chances, however, I leaned a bit to the left, just barely avoiding the attented slam.

Using this to my advantage, I leapt over this giant monstrosity, landing safely on the other side. He was unable to turn around and witness what was to lead to his death. I quickly dashed to the other side of the bridge, slamming my foot down hard on the very thing that kept the bridge in place.

Slowly, it began crumbling, the so enemy leader's eyes wide open as he didn't even attempt to escape, but merely fell to his doom down below.

Exhausted, I made my way over to the hostage, opening the barred cage and freeing our Kingdom's leader. She was greatful for the bravery I had shown, bestowing upon my cheek an innocent kiss. After all I had been through, such a thing felt so sweet, so refreshing.

So here I wonder, in years to come when I tell my kids, and even someday when I tell my grandkids, what will they see me as? The hardened veteran who leapt over every obstacle and saved an entire Kingdom? Or merely as a short, pudgy Italian plumber.

Last edited:

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
instead of crazy, i think ur mad. But i hear the best of people are

anyway, im looking forward to "new" characters and hoping to "recognizing" them lol

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
instead of crazy, i think ur mad. But i hear the best of people are

anyway, im looking forward to "new" characters and hoping to "recognizing" them lol

lol yes, I'd have to be as mad as a hatter to make this stuff up ;)

Look forward to more. I have exams over next week, so may not update till next weekend. Unless I procrastinate, then expect one up ^^;;

Haha this is great! You exercise was a success :) I laughed at myself at the end; mental imagery and what-not :p

Yes!! Success!! XD Glad someone was able to see it :D

Aria

braver by the minute
I started to laugh at the end, I was imagining it in my head but I didn't make the connection. Haha I'm looking forward to your next one :)

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
Re: Duality: A series of double story minis [Update #2]

Glad to see more people are understanding it :D Here's my second go, won't have an easy giveaway clue like the last one. You'll have to really look into it this time. Good luck ^^;;

It's all so meaningless...

It doesn't matter what pace I go at, fast or slow, the conclusion is always the same. It's just one giant, unfinished puzzle. No matter how many times or how perfect I place the pieces together, it never fails in stumping me with one that doesn't fit with what I have and throws everything off.

Whoever is dropping these on me from above, your intention is far from making it easy in the long wrong. Sure, you start out all nice and easy, but merely to get my guard down no doubt. Eventually once things start to pile up on me, I have no say how fast the pieces fly from above, forced to just place them wherever I can in a crazy manner.

Everything becomes so disorganized and misplaced!! No matter how many times I can straighten out a line and get some breathing space, you just keep sending more and more!

It gets to the point where I feel like I am running out of room. There's just no place to put everything given to me, so I just give up. It's just like I don't care anymore, my fate seems to have been sealed the moment I played this little game.

Then...it's over. I lose, and all the hard work I spent trying to prevent this from happening is meaningless. Sure, I can try again. There is no doubt I will keep coming back to you whether it be face to face or over my phone. You're one of my first, and I will never forget you no matter how many others catch my eye from the next generation.

So here's to the next try. I'll keep hoping I can fit the pieces together you give me, but I know chances are unlikely I can keep it up. The only brightside to this is that each time I seem to last longer, making that hope stay with me as long as I can savor it...

Aria

braver by the minute
:o is it tetris? :3 lowl i'm going to go play that game now...

Last edited:

DJQuackQuack

Sextet Gentleman
DING DING DING! lol you got it Aria! :D

And don't worry about this time since I didn't even mention it, but try not to spoil it for other readers :3
Either spoil tag or message me it if you really wanna know or take a guess!

Thanks for reading!

Aria

braver by the minute
DING DING DING! lol you got it Aria! :D

And don't worry about this time since I didn't even mention it, but try not to spoil it for other readers :3
Either spoil tag or message me it if you really wanna know or take a guess!

Thanks for reading!

Oops! fix'd now!

but yay i got it!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back