• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dual Wielding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Now, there was a thread earlier mentioning why Roxas could Dual Wield his keyblades. He said that Vens heart was in his, which I don't particularly agree with, but you can never know with Kingdom Hearts. Either way, I was wondering, was it ever really explained why Roxas CAN dual wield? I mean. Sora had to use drive forms and it took the clothes those fairies gave him for him to be able to do it so why can Roxas? If this was already stated somewhere then just let me know. But if not, it would be an interesting topic for discussion. Please don't flame.

MARLUXIA1

If Sora masters a type of combat then maybe he can wield 2 keyblades. Type of combat I mean that each form has its own strength, heres a list of the forms strength:

Valor, Phisichal combat

Wisdom, Magical combat

Master, Combo combat

Final, Keyblade's true power

Anti, Dark combat

If Sora chooses to master one of these combats then maybe he can wield 2 keyblades, Roxas wields 2 bacause he mastered the combo or the phisichal combats.

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Yay, thread for Dual Wielding!

Heres my speculation in another thread -

Roxas had a heart. But it was being shared with Sora because the heart has returned to the body. Roxas was a nobody before, but when Sora became human again from heartless, Roxas became whole also. But at a cost, it split the powers of Sora.

The keyblade was also split along with Sora's power thus creating two keys for two equal yet different beings (Splitting the power of the keyblade in half thus explaining why the power of the key stats are smaller. i.e. Ultima was 12 strength in KH1 while it's 6 strength in kh2). Yes, Roxas had his own keyblade but, since the keyblade was split into two, the two keyblades are actually just one power that has two images (split image). It's the same key. When Roxas finally accepted Sora as an equal and fused with him, Sora's power became whole and the keyblade became one key thus explaining why Sora couldn't wield two key's at the time.

Why Roxas wielded Two Keys while Sora wielded one...

Roxas had only half the power of the keyblade while Sora had the other since it splitted into two images of weaker power. While Sora kept using just one keyblade, Roxas used two. Roxas wasn't using the one Sora used during the kh2 storyline. Roxas just split his keyblade in half again thus making both of his keyblades have only a quarter of what they formerly had (i.e. Ultima weapon kh1 - 12 -> Ultima Weapon kh2 - 6. Roxas splitting the ultima into two different keys - Oatkeeper - 3/Oblivion - 3). All in all, 12 divided into two equals 6, 6 divided by 2 again is 3. Even though Roxas had two Keys, they were weaker but gives Roxas more advantage but splitted the power (whole-half key - 6 --> key1 - 3, key2 - 3). Sora on the other hand still had a full half of the keyblades power. Even though Roxas had Oblivion and Oathkeeper, the power doesn't really matter. Those are just mediums for the splitted power of the keyblade to be used.

If that was too long, here's a summary:
Sora had one-half of the keyblade while Roxas had the other. Roxas split his half again into two thus having him have two-fourths of the keyblade (still one-half but one key has 1/4 while the other had 1/4).

Explain much?

Also about what you said MARLUXIA1. What you said:
If Sora masters a type of combat then maybe he can wield 2 keyblades. Type of combat I mean that each form has its own strength, heres a list of the forms strength:

Valor, Phisichal combat

Wisdom, Magical combat

Master, Combo combat

Final, Keyblade's true power

Anti, Dark combat

If Sora chooses to master one of these combats then maybe he can wield 2 keyblades, Roxas wields 2 bacause he mastered the combo or the phisichal combats.

What I actually think is that because Sora can wield two keyblades, I think he is splitting them but since there was another heart, that power was kept at original strength. Roxas' downfall was that his keyblade power lowered when he splitted his half of the keyblade into two. Sora is fusing with the courage of Goofy in Valor, thus boosting strength for the keyblade and allowing it to split into two. Sora fused with Donalds knowledge of Magic to form Wisdom, but is not enough to split the keyblade into two. Master is same as Valor but this time, Donalds knowledge gave Sora the ability to master both wisdom and valor at the same time. Final is just a refined version of Master.

Last edited:

MARLUXIA1

Great speculation! That may be true that since Roxas is part of Sora and Sora wields a keyblade then maybe hes nobody migth get the chance to wield a keyblade, 1 of the keyblades Roxas held is the 1 of the knigth in the keyblade wars helds the other 1 is because of being part of a keyblade wielder.

by reading this all the fog has cleared!

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
My speculation actually has nothing to do with Ven's heart. I was thinking that Sora and Roxas were sharing one heart.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I probably sound like a complete noob with this question but who is Ven?

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
oh yeah haven't remembered those kids names yet lol thanks

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
i never really thought about why Roxas could dual wield, i just accepted that he could, lol. after reading this though...

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Im guessing Roxas could dual wield because Sora could dual wield....

Squall

Well twilight dragon this means that Roxas both keyblades are as strong as Sora's keyblade or Riku's.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
yeah but Sora had to be in a form to dual wield, Roxas could do it whenever it looked like

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah my original question was that like why Roxas can just dual weild naturally while Sora has to drive. But in thinking about it, whoever posted that nobodies are just more powerful (dont feel like going back to look XP) could be right, proving why Roxas doesnt need to drive, because he's more powerful, but I dunno. Its still kinda weird to me. Like there is more to it than just that.

FaytHarkwind

Roxas could only use physical attacks and his stance is diferent from Sora's meaning that Roxas only got the physical powers of the keyblade thus awnsering why Sora has to balence his power because he isn't ready to fully control the keyblade at 100% . in other words Sora has to have alot more experience like the Knights (who i think are the chasers).

p.s. isn't the next games main character a girl called Aka who had a preminition of Sora and her getting married and Riku and Kairi getting married, but if i'm right (which i doubt) that would be in the present after the begining in the past where you might play as the knights or even the baldy or his accomplice in the kool dark armour (making him look like a cos play biker).

THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT AND RUMORS I HEARD SO I AM PROBIBLY VERY WRONG

P.s again. y is it u can fight Terra on KH2FM? does that mean u fight him on the next game just like the hooded guy on KHFM who i think was Xehanort (i've not acculy played the final mives my self but i have seen vids so i could b very very wrong but it does make an interesting point)

DO NOT GET ATTACHED TO THEORIES< RUMORS OR MY FUN GUESSES!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back