• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dual Wielding Keyblade Xemnas Boss

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Isn't it interesting that Riku can also dual-wield, when Sora lends him his keyblade? Togekiss, Holy jesus on a pogo stick. Guys, have you ever...
I can't figure out how Keyblades can be lent to other wielders like that. In any other context Riku shouldn't be able to wield two Keyblades..

I'd say that one specifically is a case of gameplay and story-segregation, not to mention a single sequence of a bigger series of attacks.
In any case Riku has been explicitly shown dual-wielding (like when he wielded his own blade and the Destiny's embrace shortly before giving it to Kairi), he still had two hearts inside him as part of Ansem SoD was still inside him.

Furthermore, as Ingognito pointed out, willingly lending your own blade towards another wielder is not the same as actually summoning and using two yourself.
During that attack sequence, Sora also stays close to Riku throughout the whole duration it happens.

Then again though, there's still the possibility/theory of something of Terra remaining within Riku, too...<__<

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Also worthy of noting, dual-wielding isn't strictly limited to a requirement of physically harboring multiple hearts. As special of a case as he might be, Roxas is the prime example, being able to wield Sora's keyblade without harboring his actual heart (the general consensus is that Sora's heart resonated within him). As far as we know, Roxas only had one heart, that being Ven's. That tells us that other characters can dual-wield without physically harboring multiple hearts, albeit under...complicated circumstances.

As for Xemnas being able to wield at all and Nomura's hinting at it, I presume that he was referring to his ability to borrow MX's keyblade, in the same fashion as Young Xehanort; it makes sense while involving very little speculation.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Then again though, there's still the possibility/theory of something of Terra remaining within Riku, too...<__<
You know what would be funny? That during all this time Xehanort has been seeding people after taking over Terra's body, Terra has also seeded the same people Xehanort has seeded. So Anyone after Braig has, not one, but two seeds inside of them. I can see Terra playing this card, but it would only be a temporary measure, seeing as how Xehanort will battle the Seven Guardians of Light alongside his other twelve Seekers of Darkness, and he will finally wield the chi-blade.

Also worthy of noting, dual-wielding isn't strictly limited to a requirement of physically harboring multiple hearts. As special of a case as he might be, Roxas is the prime example, being able to wield Sora's keyblade without harboring his actual heart (the general consensus is that Sora's heart resonated within him). As far as we know, Roxas only had one heart, that being Ven's. That tells us that other characters can dual-wield without physically harboring multiple hearts, albeit under...complicated circumstances.
One can argue that Roxas could wield a Keyblade because he had Ventus' heart inside of him, but could wield Sora's because Sora's heart is VERY linked with Ven's. One could also argue he could dual-wield because, after Xion merged with him, perhaps he began cementing his own heart? Nobodies can grow hearts with the pass of time. Well, Nobodies and anything. So perhaps both Xion and Roxas were beginning to form a heart, but after Xion merged with him, he finished his own heart...?

As for Xemnas being able to wield at all and Nomura's hinting at it, I presume that he was referring to his ability to borrow MX's keyblade, in the same fashion as Young Xehanort; it makes sense while involving very little speculation.
I always thought that when Nomura said Xemnas could wield a Keyblade, but decided to just not use it, he may have been hinting at Terra, since he said that Xemnas choosing to not wield a Keyblade was going to be something he was going to leave loose until KINGDOM HEARTS III (assuming he even touches Xemnas back besides being a Seekers, seeing as how Xemnas has been reduced to just being another Xehanort).

Wander

One can argue that Roxas could wield a Keyblade because he had Ventus' heart inside of him, but could wield Sora's because Sora's heart is VERY linked with Ven's. One could also argue he could dual-wield because, after Xion merged with him, perhaps he began cementing his own heart? Nobodies can grow hearts with the pass of time. Well, Nobodies and anything. So perhaps both Xion and Roxas were beginning to form a heart, but after Xion merged with him, he finished his own heart...?

Although it's pretty much certain that Roxas had fully developed his own heart by the end of Days, as far as I'm aware it has never been "chosen" to be able to wield the Keyblade since he doesn't have a Keyblade of his own.

As for the OP, I kind of like Xemnas' ethereal blades and fighting style, they're pretty unique. That said I'd be happy to see all the 'norts whip out a Keyblade as a second phase sort of thing, but yeah having them all use the same Keyblade sounds really boring.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
As for the OP, I kind of like Xemnas' ethereal blades and fighting style, they're pretty unique. That said I'd be happy to see all the 'norts whip out a Keyblade as a second phase sort of thing, but yeah having them all use the same Keyblade sounds really boring.
^^^ This. I can picture us fighting Xemnas in the Keyblade Graveyard, but he creates a mirage where we seem to be fighting him in the skyscraper with his ethereal blades. The second phase consists of us fighting him in the Graveyard with a Keyblade.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

You state it yourself. Roxas is a special case who doesn't work like the others. It is plainly stated that Roxas "existed closely with Sora" from the start as well as the sheer fact that with Roxas and Sora the Nobody and original persona coexisted with each other, which no one else, not even Xehanort, had in play.
In Chain of Memories Vexen could draft a card from Roxas' memories of Twilight Town from within Sora's heart, showing just how close those two actually existed. It's that very close bond which eventually results in Roxas unwittingly absorbing Sora's unhinged memories after Naminé messed them up and what Xemnas exploited to have Xion absorb them from there.

Furthermore, Roxas never dual-wields until late in his "life" when he activated Ven's keyblade after absorbing Xion. By that time, his new heart would already be pretty far along and count as another heart present, even if the special circumstance of his direct connection to Sora's heart would not be a factor. Xion's grown heart could also count as a factor, so everytime Roxas does indeed dual-wield, he has two hearts present. Ven's and either his new one or Xion's, with Sora's heart all the while supplying the ability to wield in the first place.
Early on, Roxas wielded only one Keyblade (Sora's), and the reason he could summon it was because of his connection to Sora's heart while the reason he could continue to hold it was because he carried Ven's heart.
I don't remember which Ultimania it was exactly, but it was pointed out in one of them that "you need a heart to wield".

All this means the case can only be applied to Roxas alone and not other characters, because no other character had his/her Nobody and the original persona coexisting at the same time.
It may be a possibility that the same logic could be applied to Kairi and Naminé due to the similar circumstances of them coexisting, but in their cases there are no Keyblades to wield.

You know what would be funny? That during all this time Xehanort has been seeding people after taking over Terra's body, Terra has also seeded the same people Xehanort has seeded. So Anyone after Braig has, not one, but two seeds inside of them. I can see Terra playing this card, but it would only be a temporary measure, seeing as how Xehanort will battle the Seven Guardians of Light alongside his other twelve Seekers of Darkness, and he will finally wield the chi-blade.

I always thought that when Nomura said Xemnas could wield a Keyblade, but decided to just not use it, he may have been hinting at Terra, since he said that Xemnas choosing to not wield a Keyblade was going to be something he was going to leave loose until KINGDOM HEARTS III (assuming he even touches Xemnas back besides being a Seekers, seeing as how Xemnas has been reduced to just being another Xehanort).

Sorry to say that, lol, but for a scheme that savvy and sophisticated I don't think Terra is quite clever enough, not to mention that just extracting and moving a heart is a technique only true Keyblade Masters know/get to learn. To actually learn to cut your own heart into pieces and sent them elsewhere I'd imagine it needs more knowledge than the average things normal Keyblade Wielders know.
The clash between the seven and thirteen maybe preordained, but the result coming of that clash isn't. It isn't even sure if the clash will really produce the actual, flawless X-blade this time at all nor is it set in stone that if something comes about it, Xehanort will get to wield it.

It's both actually. Roxas had the ability to wield in the first place because he was born from Sora's heart and had that close link with Sora from the start. Ven's heart being present allowed him to actually summon and swing Sora's Keyblade around like nothing because a heart needs to be present in order to properly wield the Keyblade.
That's the thing, Roxas only wields two blades in the later stages of his physical appearance in the series, at a time when he most likely has already grown his own heart. After absorbing Xion, who most likely did the same, any combination of the three hearts involved (Ven/Roxas, Roxas/Xion, Ven/Xion) would meet the condition for dual-wielding either way.

The only thing Nomura said about the question if Xemnas could wield was that he would like that "to remain a mystery", he never said anything about KH III in regards to this topic or hinted otherwise at planning to resolve the mystery.
Just letting it "remain a mystery" can also mean "this isn't going to be addressed at all!".

Although it's pretty much certain that Roxas had fully developed his own heart by the end of Days, as far as I'm aware it has never been "chosen" to be able to wield the Keyblade since he doesn't have a Keyblade of his own.

That he doesn't have a Keyblade of his own doesn't matter a thing.
Riku also didn't have one after the Kingdom Key chose Sora for good and yet still he could wield i.e. Roxas' Oblivion because his heart has the ability to wield.
Roxas' newly grown heart would also easily have the ability to wield since it originates from the heart of a qualified Keyblade Wielder: Sora.
Vanitas' new heart could also immediately wield because it was derived from the heart of another wielder.

Anagram

Banned
^ If you really sit and think about it. Roxas used dual wielding a total of three times. Once against Riku, the first time. Again against Axel several days later. Third against Sora in their dreamscape-station battle thing.
(data-Roxas doesn't count folks)

In a strange way Sora used it more than Roxas did in KH2 even though it's Roxas' signature trait. lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I don't like the part about Nomura not addressing Xemnas' decision to not use his Keyblade. :[
If he does decide to not address that point, then it shall forever remain something that the fans will continuously theorize about.

Anagram

Banned
If he doesn't address then just take it to mean Xemnas couldn't for whatever nomura reason.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ If you really sit and think about it. Roxas used dual wielding a total of three times. Once against Riku, the first time. Again against Axel several days later. Third against Sora in their dreamscape-station battle thing.
(data-Roxas doesn't count folks)

In a strange way Sora used it more than Roxas did in KH2 even though it's Roxas' signature trait. lol

Yea, and in every single case that happened he was already very far along in his development, which makes him actually having two hearts much more palpable and thus a rather weak example for the claim that "dual-wielding is also possible without having two hearts" even without considering his very special circumstances.

As for Sora using it much more, that's no real surprise as a) Roxas had far fewer (and shorter) playable appearances than Sora and b) in most cases where Roxas was playable he was restricted in his abilities and only dual-wielded in scripted events.
Sora can practically dual-wield at any time the player wishes once he gets his new outfit and as long as enough drive gauges are available.

It's often cited as Roxas' signature trait because he was the first one to officially use it in the series, despite the actual ability originating with Sora.

I don't like the part about Nomura not addressing Xemnas' decision to not use his Keyblade. :[
If he does decide to not address that point, then it shall forever remain something that the fans will continuously theorize about.

That Xemnas decided not to use it is in itself only speculation, it was thrown out by Nomura simply because he didn't want to address the issue, and if it has no real important bearing on the further main plot it is entirely possible that it may fall over the edge and remain unaddressed.
The fandom has several things it keeps continuously theorizing about that are very likely not to be addressed at all during the series. Primary examples being the whole plethora of different pairings, the "parents"-issue apparently several fans like to throw a fit about or the past of members of the original Organisation XIII, especially the obscure members like Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene. I remember in the interview Nomura gave about the big survey conducted by Famitsu in 2012 or 2013, where he stated explicitly that the past of the Organisation members is not part of the main story and thus he has not even put a single thought into it.

If he doesn't address then just take it to mean Xemnas couldn't for whatever nomura reason.

Lol, that goes for any obscure thing Nomura decides not to address. ;)

Anagram

Banned
So with duel wielding more or less out of the question does anyone see Xemnas using Xehanorts? Thanks to time travel he and the original will be around at the same time even if it's briefly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So with duel wielding more or less out of the question does anyone see Xemnas using Xehanorts? Thanks to time travel he and the original will be around at the same time even if it's briefly.

If the example of Young Xehanort in DDD is anything to go by, then Xemnas would probably only able to wield Xehanort's Keyblade (albeit with a different keychain like YX) when the "main" Xehanort excercises direct control over him.

Then again though, I see no real merit/gain in a Keyblade-wielding Xemnas as it would probably just be either a carbon copy of battle styles already seen (namely either Terra or No Heart/Young Xehanort) or a mix of these styles.

Anagram

Banned
Well I've mentioned before I'd find it dull I was just wondering if it's something we'll have to deal with. >_<

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well I've mentioned before I'd find it dull I was just wondering if it's something we'll have to deal with. >_<

The possibility is definitely there, at least for probably one boss battle (or one phase of a boss battle), as the first phase of the Young Xehanort battle in DDD opened the door for it, even if with some conditions in place.

Anagram

Banned
The possibility is definitely there, at least for probably one boss battle (or one phase of a boss battle), as the first phase of the Young Xehanort battle in DDD opened the door for it, even if with some conditions in place.

A two phase fight might not be so bad. So long as the keyblade was used in a unique fashion to them like young Xehanort.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
A two phase fight might not be so bad. So long as the keyblade was used in a unique fashion to them like young Xehanort.

They might even connect it with a unique Keyblade Transformation.
If I recall one of the latest Nomura statements correctly he aims to give each Keyblade (and each character) unique Keyblade Transformations, so maybe that extends also to the different Xehanort incarnations.

Anagram

Banned
They might even connect it with a unique Keyblade Transformation.
If I recall one of the latest Nomura statements correctly he aims to give each Keyblade (and each character) unique Keyblade Transformations, so maybe that extends also to the different Xehanort incarnations.
Then that begs a question of how unique it'd be for Xemnas if it happens? If I recall young Xehanort even wielded it differently than the older one does even though he still had a similar stance.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Perhaps Xemnas' Keyblade Tranformation could consist on the Dragon? It doesn't have to be the size of the Dragon from KINGDOM HEARTS II, but rather something he can ride and attack Sora.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Well Xemnas duel wielding would depend on if MX/Terra's hearts stayed within Terra's body during the split between Ansem and Xemnas and even then.... it was said that MX's heart was actually merging with Terra's unlike Roxas' situation with how Sora and Ven's hearts were separate from each other and at no given time was Sora's heart trying to "swallow" Ven's heart or vice versa. Same could even be said if Terra/Eraqus went to reside in Xemnas because from what's been implied, Eraqus' heart went inside of Terra's as a sort of "defense" from Xehanort. So basically: one heart instead of two separate.... but this is all speculation as we don't have any official word or what role Eraqus' plays in all this.

It would still be pretty badass seeing a two part battle with Xemnas slashing at you with his Ethereal Blades before whipping out his Keyblade or MX's Keyblade to be precise just to take advantage of Keyblade Transformations.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Then that begs a question of how unique it'd be for Xemnas if it happens? If I recall young Xehanort even wielded it differently than the older one does even though he still had a similar stance.

Granted, it could turn out like that any transformation one of the lesser norts has can also be used by the main nort.
But on the other hand...Xemnas does have quite the unique battle style with his constant round-house kicks, spinning blades and stuff which neither Master Xehanort, nor Ansem or Young Xehanort display.

Perhaps Xemnas' Keyblade Tranformation could consist on the Dragon? It doesn't have to be the size of the Dragon from KINGDOM HEARTS II, but rather something he can ride and attack Sora.

You mean something like a dragon-shaped Keyblade Glider?

Well Xemnas duel wielding would depend on if MX/Terra's hearts stayed within Terra's body during the split between Ansem and Xemnas and even then

Even if there would be the two hearts present to grant the dual-wielding ability in some form or another, Xemnas still couldn't do it because there's no second Keyblade available.
Eraqus' Keyblade is wielded by Aqua while Terra's Keyblade is situated with the Lingering Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back