• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drop System

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I just bought this game, and I love it. I just really hate switching between characters through the drop system.

So, ever be in the middle of a boss fight and you have to drop? I've had it happen to me every boss fight. I suppose a simple solution would be to drop before every boss. I haven't dropped manually yet, but I'm guessing I would get a fresh gauge (or at least one that isn't practically in bonus mode) when I come back. But, I don't feel that should be necessary. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, and it's good they try something new.

What are your thoughts on the drop system?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You know that you can prevent dropping in the middle of a fight pretty easy by resetting the drop meter?

Before each boss there is almost always a save point. Equip the item "Drop-Me-not" and use one (or two, if your Drop meter is already pink) and the gauge is replenished.

Then you can unequip the item and use another command, or if you think one full drop meter isn't enough for a boss, keep the "Drop-Me-not" equipped so you can replenish the gauge during battle as well.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Yeah I knew about that stuff, and yup sometimes I'll forget though. I'm playing on Proud which was a HUGE mistake, cause I'm mainly focused on attacking and healing during battles to where the battles really do take forever, and I don't have the time for use of drop-me-nots in battle.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I guess then we must have different playstyles as I always play KH games on Proud and I never needed more than one full drop meter for the hardest bosses.
Further help can be if you buy each time you drop the bonus "Drop Decelerator" on the highest level and equip "Wake-up" block, as the former decreases the speed of the drop gauge while the latter replenishes it with a small amount each time you block.

Do you have this problem with all bosses or a specific one?

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
It was with most but I just beat a few without it. There's also the fact I have a regular 3DS and not XL, but my hands are huge and I get hand cramps all the time. Really slows everything down.

I was just curious what people thought of the system itself. I take it you probably like it?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I see, I have a regular 3DS as well, but hand problems certainly can cause some delay in such stuff. I do find Dream Drop Distance control-friendlier than Kid Icarus: Uprising though. :p

I personally found it to be quite intuitive and a interesting different way to portray multiple stories compared to the method they use in Birth by Sleep. Both have their merit and of course the Drop system provides a sort of addtional challenge, but I also found the Drop gauge easy to control and manipulate and so far I did not have a situation where I would have to get hasty or something because a drop was around the corner.
Sure, I did drop once while in the middle of the fight against Julius, but he's the easiest secret boss of the Series so that didn't faze me much.

There are some more people though who don't like the drop system I know of, I guess it's a mixed bag since there are also many who like it or at least do not mind it that much.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I tend to have to take small breaks for my hands to heal before I start playing again. I don't even use the 3D function much either, as it tends to hurt my eyes, and you have to position the 3DS just right for it to work (Which I know, kinda defeats the purpose of a 3D system). I just play it for the games like ToZ:OoT, Luigi's Mansion, and of course KH:DDD.

I'd have to agree that the drop system is very intuitive. I personally like BBS's way better, but that's just my opinion. Of course, having 3 characters to choose from makes it a little more meaningful.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lol nope. Never had a problem with the drop system ever. I'm always confused with people when they say they hate it. If you don't have any Drop-Me-Nots in your inventory, just plan your game progression around the drops. You can easily tell when you're about to walk into something big when you find a save point, so just save and run off to fight some Nightmare DEs and bum off the rest of your time. Drop, play as the other character, drop again then continue story progression.

I make it so when I fight a boss I have full/near-full drop meter and just fight them at my leisure.

I, too, found the system more intuitive than BBS' three scenario story. I liked that dropping required you to think more on what you were doing rather than rushing into battle at all times. I also liked the bonuses you'd get from dream points you'd collect. More than not, they've helped me.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I never had any problems with it either, if my drop gauge was almost out I'd drop manually or use drop-me-nots to replenish it enough to finish the boss battle or whatever I was doing.

I also found it more intuitive than BBS' style. Even though I loved bbs, to me, it made playing multiple characters through the same world feel less repetitive.
And after I learned to work the bonuses that you can get at each drop I came to enjoy the drop system more cause of how helpful they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back