• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► ~*Dreams May Fade*~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noezel7

you know what... i actually never thought of rearranging kirai's name into kairi!! yet kirai's name does have a meaning but please don't give it away. if you figure it out, pm me!!

Noezel7

Ah the smell of a fresh new chappy!!

Chapter 7: Off on the right foot
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Kaze POV)

I helped Kirai off of the ground. She moved with such grace, as if in a former life she was a dancer. Once standing, Kirai starting to look around frantically.

“Um..have any of you seen a staff?” I had to process what she said but then it hit me.

“Oh...yeah it’s right over there. I’ll get it.” I dashed over to the grass and picked up the staff carefully, not wanting to cast any spells. I walked back over to Kirai and presented the staff to her. She smiled and took it from me, then making it disappear like I do with my keyblade.

“Thanks.” Kirai says again. I blush, for reasons that are vague to me.

“No problem.” Lacing my fingers behind my head.

“Ahem, who did all of the work? You couldn’t even hit one of those heartless.” Axel piped in. I whip my head and give him a death glare. It didn’t affect him and I just sighed, turning back to Kirai.

“Fine...Kirai meet your savoir, Axel.” I say sarcastically. To my surprise Kirai laughs at my joke. Again I feel heat come to my face. My mind then drifts back to the incident that began the conversation between Kirai and myself.

“Hey Axel, what were those things that attacked Kirai?” Again Axel gave me a questioning look but decided against asking me if I was stupid.

“I can’t believe I got stuck with a rookie. Those things were heartless, those who have no hearts but crave to have one. This girl must be pure of heart since there were so many of them.” I look over at Kirai, confusion clearly displayed on her face.

“So does that mean that I have to constantly worry about those things attacking me?” She asked, a tinge of fear in her voice. Axel stood silent for a moment.

“Probably, but it’s not my problem.” I couldn’t believe this guy! He would leave his own mother in a jail if it didn’t suet his interests. I look over at Kirai, her eyes to the ground. I go over to her and put my arm over her shoulders.

“Don’t listen to him, he’s just got his panites in a bunch. You can travel with us. I can protect you from the heartless.” Confidence in my voice. She looks up at me, with tears in her eyes. Soon a smile crosses her face. Suddenly she pulls me into a hug.

“Thank you so much....um... what’s your name?” I can’t believe I never told her my name. I just laugh to myself at my forgetfulness.

“My names Kaze and now you don’t have to worry anymore.”

----------------------------------------

(Sora POV)

I had started a bon fire while Kairi and Riku caught up. I had to wonder why Riku gave her up and let me have her. They fit so perfectly together. Doubt started to enter into my mind. What if Kairi actually loves Riku? Should I allow them happiness?

“Sora!” Riku calls. “Is the fire done?” I nod and they start to come over. I sit down in front of the fire, hoping that the flames could clear my mind. Kairi sits next to me, laying her head on my shoulder. I smile but can’t seem to get the thought of her and Riku being together out of my mind.

“I miss the old days, where we spent our days playing and laughing.” Kairi whispers.

“I don’t. We were so naive, not knowing about the darkness or the light.” Riku states, his gaze piercing the fire.

“How can you say that? Before we may have not known anything but at least we were happy.” I could feel Kairi tense up, this was a sensitive subject for her. We really hadn’t discussed any kind of what if situations.

“Oh come on Kai, we were only kids and we thought the world was centered around us. We were selfish.” Riku was being persistent. He didn’t like to loose, even if it was a simple discussion. Suddenly Kairi stands, her hands at her sides, clenched into fists.

“Riku! You can be such a jerk!!” Kairi storms off.

“Kairi!!” Both me and Riku stand and shout. We look at each other. I sit back down.

“It’s best to leave her alone right now. She’ll only get angrier.” Riku nods and sits down onto the beach.

“I don’t know why she got so upset, it’s the truth.” I look over at Riku and wonder what’s going through his mind.

“Riku, those days on the island were precious to her. She doesn’t really remember her childhood so the only memories she had is of us playing. Plus everything that has happened with Kingdom Hearts aren’t exactly happy memories.” Riku looks at me, but then directs his eyes back to the fire.

“I guess I never thought of it that way. Most of the time I was just dreaming of getting off of this island. At the beginning, when I first turned to the darkness, it was fun. I know it sounds terrible but I finally could see new worlds and explore what strengths I had.” His gaze then turns to the sky, as if trying to find peace in what he has become. “Then when I found out what had happened to Kairi, it was just business. I no longer cared about the safety of others or even myself. I just wanted to save her, because I loved her. I guess that will never change. I would give up my life to save her.” My eyes turn back to the fire. I knew I would do the very same for her but I would rather live for her than die. If I died for her, she wouldn’t be happy. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Riku stand.

“I better go apologize to Kai.” He leaves but I stay in front of the fire. So much has changed over the past year but in the same time, very little has changed.

-----------------------------------

(Kaze POV)

After Axel was done gripping about having to babysit two kids instead of one, we set off down the road.

“So, why are you traveling Kaze?” Kirai questioned, even thought the answer was still a little vague to me.

“I’m looking for someone named Sora.” I said simply. I couldn’t help but wonder why I was looking for this Sora person. Why was he so important? Kirai must have seen my mind at work.

“Don’t worry, every journey starts out with questions but by journey’s end, all of them are answered.” She smiled and I couldn’t help but smile myself. Quickly, Kirai turned around and started to walk backwards.

“Axel-san, why are you traveling with Kaze?” I wondered why she called Axel san but it left my mind as soon as it had entered it.

“Nosy little brat aren’t you.” Axel sneered. Kirai pouted. Surprisingly, she then stuck her tongue out at him. It must have taken Axel aback as well because he had to stop walking for a while. Kirai giggled and turned around to walk forward again. I thought Kirai to be a quite girl but I guess I had a lot to learn.

“Anyway, where are we heading to, I’m hungry.” I had to look at her with a confusion spread across my face. I just shook my head and realized I had no idea where we were going. I turned my head and looked at Axel. He knew I had no idea where we were going.

“Don’t look at me, I just follow the keyblade master.” He said with a hint of sarcasm. I really hate that man.
----------------------------------
Yeah a lot of talking in this chappy but i thought it would be a change of pace from reading long paragraphs.:D

Noezel7

ok ok guys i know i haven't posted a new chappy in a couple of days but please be patient. all creativiy has left me and i really don't know where this story is going next. i will post a new chappy as soon as i write it. thanks for understanding:D

Noezel7

IT'S ATTACK.......OF THE CHAPPY!!!

Chapter 8: Past and Present
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Kaze POV)

After hearing the sarcastic remarks of Axel, it only took us five minutes to reach a town. We crested the hill and almost overlooked the quant town. There were no major buildings, mostly small houses. The only road in the whole town was the dirt road that had lead us into it. It was still dark out so no people were visible in the streets. It seemed like this place was holding a secret, like we were meant to come here to expose the town for what it truly was. We stayed on the outskirts of town, deciding to head into town in the morning. I built a small fire while Axel sat at a distance and Kirai fell asleep near the fire. I turned to Axel, wanting to have some kind of conversation.

“Hey Axel..” I waited for him to respond, but of course he stayed still, with his back turned towards me. “Axel, who were you...before you met Shiranai?” There was a long silence between us. I felt that if I moved, Axel would never talk. Seconds later I hear him sigh, as if readying himself for whatever he was about to say.

“Unlike you, I have no past. I just woke up one day and found Shiranai standing beside me. She then told me of my destiny, my destiny of helping a keyblade wielder.” All I could do was sit in front of the fire. Nothing I could say or do would change Axel’s situation. I suddenly felt guilty for having a past, knowing how it defined who I am.

“Don’t feel bad for me now. Just a couple of hours ago you hated my guts. I make my own path, with or without a past.” Suddenly Axel stands.

“Where are you going?” I ask, trying to figure Axel out.

“None of your business. I’ll be back by morning.” Then he just walked off. I just stood there, watching him run away from me. All I could think right now was that he was a coward. How could he push forward without knowing what lies behind him? I sat back down in front of the fire, my eyes drawn to the dancing flames. What right did I have to judge him? I barely even knew the guy. I put my head in my knees, trying to sort out my thoughts. Stirring from Kirai broke my concentration. She sat up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

“Is it morning yet?” I gave her a slight smile.

“Naw, you can go back to sleep if you want to.” Her posture straightened and she shook her head in a no.

“Nope! This little girl won’t be a sleepy head! Hey, where did Axel go?” I glanced at Kirai from the corner of my eye. She genuinely looked concerned for Axel, something I don’t think I could do.

“We had a conversation and I think I might of made him mad.” My eyes never left the fire but I could feel Kirai’s eyes trying to connect with mine. She moved a little closer to me.

“What was the conversation about?” My gaze broke from the fire, now redirected to the ground.

“I just wanted to know more about Axel, his past. But it seems that he doesn’t have one.” I sighed, my mind stumbling over confusion. “ I just don’t get how someone can’t have a past, its not like he just appeared out of thin air.” I looked over at Kirai, her eyes now focusing on the ground.

“I think...I think that Axel does have a past but...he’s suppressed it into his memories. Like his past just hurts him, you know.” My eyes wandered over to Kirai, again surprised by her compassion for Axel.

“What about you Kirai, who were you before you met me?” She looked into my eyes. I felt my knees shake slightly but decided it was from the cold. Kirai then looked up at the stars, starting to fade into the sunrise.

“I used to live on a world with all my friends and relatives. We played and laughed, we never had a care in the world. Then a dark force took hold of our world. The adults started to fight, they were taking sides, separating us kids. Me and my best friend were also separated by the two sides. Eventually darkness took hold of our world and I blacked out. I woke up and found myself in a strange world. I’ve spent the last few years looking for my friend, but with no luck.” Pain had entered into her eyes, but only for a brief second. Her gaze turns toward me, a smile spread across her face. “I won’t loose hope! I’ll find her!” I couldn’t help but smile too. Both Axel and Kirai had a reason to be on this journey, Kirai to find her friend and Axel to complete his destiny. Why was I on this journey? I looked to the sunrise that was happening before me and Kirai and decided I would find out soon enough.

“Kaze...I’m glad I found you.” My head turned towards her, surprised by the comment. She keeps her gaze on the sunrise. “I’m glad that I have someone like you to help me find my friend.” Suddenly her eyes started to droop. Her body wavered. Kirai’s eyes closed and her head landed on my shoulder. Kirai had fallen asleep. I couldn’t help but feel something for her, even though I had no idea what.

------------------------------------------

(Sora POV)

I couldn’t stand saying goodbye to Kairi again so I just left. I know she might hate me for a little while but she had Riku now. I just hope Riku remembers that I’m her boyfriend.

“Come on guys.” I say as I board the gummi ship. They look at me, confusion on their faces.

“Did ya say goodbye to Kairi already?” Goofy asked.

“Yeah, let’s go.” They looked at each other and shrugged. I decided to give Goofy another chance at driving, so I sat in the back. The door to the light was still hidden but something still bothered me. It was in Twilight Town, so shouldn’t it still be there? How could a door move? The ship started to rumble as it took off. Suddenly Mickey appeared from one of the personal quarters in the back of the ship.

“Hullo Sora.” The King smiled at me and plopped himself beside me. I sighed and let my head rest on the wall behind me.

“Mickey, something has been bothering me. How could the door of the light disappeared like that?” The King looked ahead of himself, as if puzzling the same question.

“I really don’t know. To be honest I don’t know much about the door to the light. Shiranai had only mentioned it to me.” This was so frustrating! Nobody knew anything but I was supposed to find the door and seal it. I closed my eyes, wishing things could be simpler.

“I think we better go back to Twilight Town. Maybe we can find some clues there.” Mickey suggested. I sighed.

“Yeah, why not. We really don’t have any other leads.”

We reached Twilight Town within a couple of hours. I had no excitement in arriving here like I had the first time. I didn’t know what we were going to find, if anything at all. We landed outside of the town and I slowly walked down the ramp. Once on solid ground, I looked out across the town. I had no idea where to start or what even to look for. Mickey walked up beside me, still wearing the leather trench.

“I guess we’ll just walk the streets for now.” He stated and I couldn’t argue. We headed towards the clock tower, figuring it would be a good place to start. The streets were still crowded. We just took some time to look around, to become familiar with the people.

“Kaze!!!” I heard a scream from behind me. I turn and find a boy running full force towards me. He had blond hair and he was skinny as all get out.

“Kaze!!” He screamed again, this time I knew he was talking to me. Finally he reached me, putting his hands on his knees to catch his breath.

“I thought you had gone home but....wait...you’re not Kaze.” Confusion was racking my brain. Who was this kid and why did he think I was this Kaze person?

“Sorry dude. You look just like him.” He started to turn but I grabbed his shoulder.

“Wait you may be able to help me.” He gave me a wherry look but decided to stay put.

“What do you want?” He asked, harshness in his tone.

“Who are you and who is this Kaze person.” I asked, hoping I hadn’t gotten to personal too quickly.

“Well I’m Seifer and Kaze....he’s my best friend. You two look almost exactly alike except he has blond hair.” My mind started to ponder Kaze. How could there be someone who looks exactly like me?

“Can you take me to him?” I ask quickly, maybe too quickly. Seifer looked at me with a questioning look but soon shook it off.

“I can’t take you to him but I will give you his address. He should be home by the time you get there.” He told me the address and took off running. Maybe I would get some information.

Dun dun dun!! Hehe:D I hope I'm making you guys think because it took me forever to come up with this chappy:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back