• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Dragon Ball: The Episode of Bardock

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

AWESOME... I thought about half way through that's what was going to happen ^_^

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
They animated the manga chapters done by Ooishi Naho. I'm probably not going to watch it as I wasn't a fan of the alien race Bardock encouters or the final chapters for that matter.

I wish the Dragon Ball thread hadn't been closed :/

EDIT: Awww to hell with it, I'll watch it. It's been a while since I've watched anything Dragon Ball related.

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
I just finished watching it. This is one of those rare moments where the anime is better than the actual manga. '

There were only two things I didn't like:

1) Bardock didn't die
2) Bardock turned Super Saiyan

Yeah it sounds ridiculous especially since this is essentially what the OVA is about but there's been a trend lately where they've given characters Super Saiyan transformations. Vegeta, Trunks, and Broly all were given Super Saiyan 3 transformations in Raging Blast which is absolutely ridiculously non-canon.

Also Dragon Ball Z characters have the habit of not dying, and I feel the impact of a character's death is lessened if he/she brought back to life repeatedly.

However, the manga series and OVA handled this fairly well. While I didn't like the idea at first, I'm kinda glad we finally put the Super Saiyan legend to rest. Glad it just wasn't Broly. Oh and it's great to see that Bardock has some kindness in him despite being Saiyan. You can kinda see where Goku got it from, but then again...Goku suffered a severe blow to the head XD

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Personally cannot enjoy anything Dragonball related anymore from Z onward, but I'll give it a shot sometime anyways. I wasn't a fan of the manga either though. Everything just feels so simplified and thrown out that anybody can see what's coming, and I'm not particular to that stuff.

JustSnilloc

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler tags bro, spoiler tags

It was awesome. Hope Funimation dubs it this year.

Doubt it, they didn't dub the Hatchiyack OVA

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I've seen it. Don't know japanese, but I did read the fan translation of the manga chapter so I already pretty much knew anyway. Hope it makes into a videogame release similar like plan to eradicate the Saiyans someday. I want mah Super Saiyan Bardock playable. :3

Also, since he obviously ended up somewhere in the past I'm kind of curious what would happen next and if this could result in a changed secondary timeline like Trunks' travels or whether this was some sort of stable time loop

Though I doubt they'll revisit this setting.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I read the manga when it came it. Does the anime change anything or is it pretty much the same? I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Also, has Funimation ever dubbed the Goku and Friends Return special with Tarble?

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Wow, first time I've learned of this. I'm gonna go find someplace to watch it. Hopefully Funi does a dub for Bardock, but it doesn't seem like enough to warrant it. Need a ton of OVAs so it can be on a DVD for sale before it becomes relevant to be dubbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u_-oJV2QJA

I saw this one on YouTube too but I don't know if it's the same video.

I read the manga when it came it. Does the anime change anything or is it pretty much the same? I'll watch it when I get a chance.

Also, has Funimation ever dubbed the Goku and Friends Return special with Tarble?

The OVA is pretty much the same as the manga chapters, and Funimation hasn't dubbed the Jump Special either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back