• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Dont Know What To Do

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Im a junior right now and next year will be my last year of High School. I moved to my new school a week after the school year started and I have met a good amount of people through the year that im cool with. But the problem is im mostly friends with 9, 10, and 12 graders and when I graduate they wont be there. I know a couple of juniors in my classes but im not really friends with them. Some of them seemed liked they tried to talk to me in the beginning of the year but I never really paid attention to it and now idk what to do. Im mostly the quiet guy unless people talk to me and if I try to talk to them I feel like they will think ?wtf does he want? or something. So am I basically stuck as a social junior outcast or can I change it?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Join a few activities--a sport, a band, community service--and get to know people from there. It ranks lower on the social-awkwardness-meter than just walking up to someone and acting like their best friend when you haven't even spoken before.

Take advantage of group assignments in class as well, and just generally open up to people. You can't give people the cold shoulder if you want them to be your friends.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Join a few activities--a sport, a band, community service--and get to know people from there. It ranks lower on the social-awkwardness-meter than just walking up to someone and acting like their best friend when you haven't even spoken before.

Take advantage of group assignments in class as well, and just generally open up to people. You can't give people the cold shoulder if you want them to be your friends.
I never really meant to give people the cold shoulder, its just I found out I was moving so close to when I actually was that I wasnt really thinking about friends like that at the time and I was thinking about a lot of other things.

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah I agree with LongLiveLife, although its a bit late in the school year to do allot about, you can still join a spring sport. also try to sit in on school clubs like tech club, or anime club and look to make friends there

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
Im pretty sure we dont have clubs like that and im not sure what clubs there are plus im trying to get a job so I dont really have time for after school stuff. But those people do talk to me from time to time so should I ask them if we should hang out or something and were cool with each other but were not friends close but it seems like it would work.

impart

Climb The Sky
its worth a try :]
people in high school can be pretty nasty, but if they have already offered to befriend you they must be nice people

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
its worth a try :]
people in high school can be pretty nasty, but if they have already offered to befriend you they must be nice people

Oh yeah, a majority of the people in my school are pretty nice and those guys are some of them but I just wanted to know if it seems to late or something to do that.

impart

Climb The Sky
no, I dont think so. if they were nice to you in the first place, then I dont see why they wouldn't be nice to you now

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Start fights at school.
People will think your TUFF and they will be your friends.

Fire's fan

probably holed up somewhere watching Black Butler
I never really meant to give people the cold shoulder, its just I found out I was moving so close to when I actually was that I wasnt really thinking about friends like that at the time and I was thinking about a lot of other things.

I can uderstand that, my parents moved alot when i was little, and I've always had trouble speaking up to people I don't know well.

All you can really do is say 'What the Hell' and tell that story about how you had a freind that broke your leg playing basketball.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Start fights at school.

That's how you lose friends. You scare existing friends to stick around, though they may not necessarily think you're their friend any more, but everyone else will just keep the hell away from you.

Not to mention it's stupid to start fights without reason.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
That's how you lose friends. You scare existing friends to stick around, though they may not necessarily think you're their friend any more, but everyone else will just keep the hell away from you.

Not to mention it's stupid to start fights without reason.

Have a reason then. You dont have to bully people. Just do what you need to do.
'Fight some dicks and get the girl' deal

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Have a reason then.

Are you under the impression that pulling a reason to fight out of your ass is somehow different to having no reason at all?

Actively looking for fights ranks pretty low on social skills; don't do it. Heck, do the opposite. Being friendly makes you friends. Shocker.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
Are you under the impression that pulling a reason to fight out of your ass is somehow different to having no reason at all?

Actively looking for fights ranks pretty low on social skills; don't do it. Heck, do the opposite. Being friendly makes you friends. Shocker.

Some people respect fighters.
If not fighting doesnt work, punching a guy in the face seems like the next logical step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back