• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

does anyone else think that sancuary sucks!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eclipse

exactly and about the song having short lyrics and the words being stretched out, she wrote the english lyrics first right? well she had to produce the japanese version first. and omoidaseba haruka haruka is way longer than in you and i, so the japanese version had the lyrics fit the song perfectly because she only produced the beat and rhythm of the song during the japanese one. she only started the song during passion. now that she had to go and produce sanctuary...she already had the beat layout and rhythm of passion, but had to somehow make it fit the lyrics she wrote for sanctuary....so she had to stretch out the words

and here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3owqt4xOOw&search=MTV Kingdom Hearts 2

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
I completely agree with everyone here who said we should judge when we listen to the full version. We all expected too much and set our expectations way to high. We all wanted it be so good that it would beat S&C. And we all got let down since we had set our expectations too high.

How can you say she didn't choose good lyrics when she had to make them relate to the game? Of course the lyrics are gonna suck if they have to get straight to the point and make sense with the game. <.<

lester said:
Are all you guys just gonna say is give it a chance?.....well? Yeah of course we all know it sucked but guess what japaneese people suck at singing and it will take time to try and figure out what the **** they are saying in english. Just look at willaim hung. AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
*pulls out pellet gun and shoots lester in the head* Don't you dare insult Japanese singers and say they can't sing. Utada is completely bilingual so she can speak perfect English, with a Brooklyn accent too. And what you just said is completely racist as well. :mad: And I don't see you singing any songs for any big companies so you shouldn't talk.

DualWeilder.

did you notice that all the people who bitch about the game have less then 200 post? i dont care when you joined, (about half of them joined this month) you are all sad little noobs.

thats mean^ :(
lol

Attemisc said:
Ugh, you guys are both being stupid.
Just because they said they think it sounds pretty bad so far doesn't mean they're going nuts about it and telling everyone that it sucks, it always will suck, and Utada Hikaru sucks.
Anyways, back to the topic. Yeah, I saw the trailer. I only watched it to hear Sanctuary and when I did hear it, yeah, I wanted to hurt something.
Now, don't use "It's not the final version!" as an excuse for why what we've been given sounds like a recording from karaoke night at the local bar. The game is shipped March 28, just a little over a month away. Do you honestly think that Square-Enix would release a trailer for their video game whose theme song isn't even finished yet?
Face it, Sanctuary has been completed. It's almost fact now that the trailer's been released.
The singing is honestly terrible. It doesn't sound like Utada at all, at least not a healthy one! She looses sustain, the words are all stretched out to fit with the song, and she actually goes flat at least once.
Now, I'm not saying Sanctuary is gonna suck, I'm actually kind of worried about Utada Hikaru. I don't think she'd let the song be like this. However, what we've heard so far is pretty bad.

you obviously dont have a clue what you are talking about. the quality sucks. and yes that effects what you think about the song. have you heard the better quality one? much better. and maybe its just that 20 second clip of the song thats kind of off. or maybe once you hear the rest of the song that will fit just fine. a lot of things suck once we 1st see them/hear them. give it a chance and wait for it to come out before you jump to conclusions.

KingMickey06

just because your a noob, doesn't mean you have just started to play and like kh. Like i've known kh since it came out but i just started going on this site recently. and if your really a devoted fan of kh, why are u dissing other kh fan 'noobs' who have just recently realized how good it is. everyone was a noob once too.

now for sanctuary, i just dont like how it flows.ive always liked japanese version better

NarutoEXE

Website
www.hikaru-online.net
Well, we all hate Sanctuary now and we all hate Utada for doing such a horrible job. Well, I don't see any of you, or Brit. Spears, or JLo, or Mariah Carey, or even Hilary Duff doing any better. Utada got chosen cause she could do the job and do it well. They wouldn't have chosen her if they knew it was gonna be crap.

onyxrhapsody87

We could all keep arguing, flaming, and calling each other names about this but ultimately it's an opinion... I don't know what some people were expecting with sanctuary... but I personally didn't see a problem with it... Still I won't say it was bad or good only hearing a few words... Basically... the lesson of this thread is if you don't have anything nice or constructive to say you'd be wise to stay silent... Unless you want the pain of a thousand flames...

KingMickey06

lol onyxrhapsody87, sounds like this forum is burning like hell from the way ur talking. i i do agree with u. but it was bound to happen.

CTO

Hm. I actually don't have a problem with Sanctuary. The only thing I'm a little disappointed with (that honestly can not be helped) is the fact that the meaning of this song differs from Passion, which is completely understandable. I'm confident that Utada will deliver a satisfactory finished product.

KingMickey06

NarutoEXE said:
Good for you! [sarcasm]I just love how people compare a full song to a song clip! ^_^[/sarcasm]

o but of course! listening to the whole english song prob. with even more extended syllables will make it much more enjoyable to hear [sarcasm].

onyxrhapsody87

It's like attack the n00bs day... everyone's getting together to prove you can't judge an entire song in ten seconds... XD

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
KingMickey06 said:
o but of course! listening to the whole english song prob. with even more extended syllables will make it much more enjoyable to hear [sarcasm].
omg, you cant even put the tags right

now then, how do you know what the rest of the song will be like? or even how any of the song will be like? they call it a preveiw for a reason

kaylaschram

Well I thought it sounded very good! And please keep in mind that you did not listen to the whole song and they put that preview on TV for the game , not the singer's voice.

T

Tyler Durden

SHUT. THE. H**L. UP. LAST WARNING BEFORE WE CALL IN THE MODS:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back