• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else find it dumb...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I never knew this bothered people so much. Now it will bug me for life if any character looks taller or shorter than they should. I noticed Sora got taller, as well as Namine. With Namine it was very noticeable I thought though.
ncomvsnii.jpg

Not only with Namine, but Kairi as well. Considering that girls generally don't grow as fast as boys at this age they both had some freakish growth spurts in only one year. Especially when you consider that both Kairi and Namine were shorter than Sora, they're almost, or about, caught up to him now.

That picture isn't a real good comparison though, as firstly they stand on a sloping path there with Cloud standing on the higher end, secondly of course Cloud's hair (remove the spikes and they're about even head-wise) and thirdly their battle stances, Leon bends forward a bit in his battle stance (and has his head also bent a bit forward because he's looking at the Heartless coming at him from further down the sloping path) while Cloud stands upright, this is also noticeable by the different points their shoulders are located.

Looking at models, Leon and Cloud seem to be roughly at the same height, which would work if Leon in KH is situated at the lower end of his "spectrum" with 5'8 while Cloud is 5'7:
mmd_leon_and_cloud_dlc_by_renzo_senpai-d4oko38.png

This gif also shows that, when Leon gets to stand "upright" as well he's as tall as Cloud, and with Cloud standing on a higher point of the sloping path they are on, this means Leon is actually taller than Cloud.
tumblr_mjxpa8kMBW1r5a8zgo1_500.gif

Google doesn't love me enough to give me other Leon/Cloud pictures for comparison that aren't yaoi. The first picture of Leon and Cloud at OC is probably the best for their height comparison since they're side by side and on even ground. I'm kind of iffy on the gif though because the angle dictates that Leon would look taller since he's in the foreground/slightly closer to the "camera" while Could is in the background/further from the "camera".

*o_0*
(I can't believe I actually wrote this much about the height of fictional characters...)

Welcome to the forums during the news drought were no topic is too inane~
I will be adding to the pedantry in due time.

*claps at Sephiroth's height comparison*

It's kinda funny that this bothers us so much.
Does anyone have a height comparison chart of all the characters? I found one of Org. XIII.

All-Heights.jpg

I blame the uncanny valley.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
There is no way he can be 5'6". Leon is 5'8"/5'10" and he towers over Sora.

I didn't know Leon was confirmed to be 5'8" in KH, I just found the image that Fudgemint posted below and with it there was a note that said all the heights with Roxas being 5'6".

Does anyone have a height comparison chart of all the characters? I found one of Org. XIII.

All-Heights.jpg

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

All-Heights.jpg

Oh my god, Roxas looks freakishly tiny

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I just found the image that Fudgemint posted below and with it there was a note that said all the heights with Roxas being 5'6".
Whaa?! 5'6"?! I refuse to believe he's as tall as me! Larxene looks more like 5'6".
Waitaminute... If Roxas is 5'6", that mean Lexaeus is 8 feet tall! Aaaagh! The Organization are giants!

EDIT: Found another height comparison.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Ruran

Awards
See? This is why the 'Norts would win if they just go up to the younger and Disney protagonists and sit on them. They wouldn't see it coming and they'd be too startled. Roxas barely reaches Xemnas' chest. They'd take out a good chunk of the team by just plopping their butts on them.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know why we're suddenly becoming height-ologists...

I still find it hard to believe that Sora is 5' 6" (165 cm). If he were, then judging from the comparison image posted above, Lexaeus would be around 9' 7" (289 cm). Sora can practically stand on Roxas' shoulder and still only be slightly taller than Lexaeus. Are you sure that Sora being at that height is official?

Last edited:

Ruran

Awards
None of the character's heights are official, that's why we talk about it so much. XD
5'6" is just someone's guesstimation along with the heights of the rest of the Org. ​Either way, Lexaeus is friggin' huge though...

Max

Staff member
Awards
If you compare it to Cloud's 5'7 though (assuming it's the same), then we are probably still looking at Lexaeus being a giant

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I've been watching KHII cutscenes recently and found a good shot of Sora and Leon. If we use Squall's official height (which is either 5'8" or 5'10"
watch
) this would put Sora at around 4' 6". Short, but a reasonable height.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
So going from that; from Roxas to Xemnas, we have:
All-Heights.jpg

Roxas: 4' 6"
Larxene: 5'
Marluxia: 5' 10"
Luxord: 5' 8"
Demyx: 5' 5"
Axel: 5' 8"
Saix: 5' 7"
Zexion: 5' 3"
Lexaeus: 6' 10"
Vexen: 6' 3"
Xaldin: 6' 5"
Xigbar: 5' 5"
Xemnas: 5' 11"

Something like that anyway. Fear my obsession with their heights!!

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
Whaa?! 5'6"?! I refuse to believe he's as tall as me! Larxene looks more like 5'6".
Waitaminute... If Roxas is 5'6", that mean Lexaeus is 8 feet tall! Aaaagh! The Organization are giants!

EDIT: Found another height comparison.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

1) We need Selphie's height, that's all anyone ever cares about. If we discarded Selphie from that photo, the whole basis of this thread deteriorates [/sarcasm]

2) I never realized that Larxene is the same height as Riku in KH2...WHAT?!?!?

None of the character's heights are official, that's why we talk about it so much. XD
5'6" is just someone's guesstimation along with the heights of the rest of the Org. ​Either way, Lexaeus is friggin' huge though...

Things that cannot be officially confirmed are speculator's dreams, so that's why this thread exists :p

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Does Traverse Town seem smaller to anyone in Dream Drop Distance? Aside from the entrance to the Synthesis shop changing from two doors to one, for some reason, everything seems slightly smaller. That or maybe the fact that they jacked up Sora's running speed so everything goes away quicker.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The familiar areas of Traverse Town don't seem smaller in DDD than in KH1. They are indeed smaller. Just take a look at the Third District; there's plenty of space in the fight against Guard Armor, but so freaking little in the three-round brawl against Hockomonkey, Wargoyle, and Clawbster.

At least they introduced spacious new maps to mitigate the claustrophobic feel.

XINekuIX

He grew up, he was asleep for a about a year (and people do most of their growing in their sleep) so it's only logical that he's taller than Goofy (which he wasn't really that far off from it to begin with.) He had even outgrown his KH1 clothing.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
He grew up, he was asleep for a about a year (and people do most of their growing in their sleep) so it's only logical that he's taller than Goofy (which he wasn't really that far off from it to begin with.) He had even outgrown his KH1 clothing.

I'm not so much asking how as I'm asking why, from a design perspective. It's a nitpick, but I suppose when you have multiple forums dedicated to a singular piece of media, a nitpick thread isn't really a bad thing. I guess it just doesn't look good in my opinion.

kupo1121

Awards
The familiar areas of Traverse Town don't seem smaller in DDD than in KH1. They are indeed smaller. Just take a look at the Third District; there's plenty of space in the fight against Guard Armor, but so freaking little in the three-round brawl against Hockomonkey, Wargoyle, and Clawbster.

At least they introduced spacious new maps to mitigate the claustrophobic feel.

Honestly, I'd rather more rooms and each room be smaller, than large open rooms with barely anything in them (Pride Lands is my go-to example all the time lol xD).

Max

Staff member
Awards
I've been watching KHII cutscenes recently and found a good shot of Sora and Leon. If we use Squall's official height (which is either 5'8" or 5'10"
watch
) this would put Sora at around 4' 6". Short, but a reasonable height.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
So going from that; from Roxas to Xemnas, we have:
All-Heights.jpg

Roxas: 4' 6"
Larxene: 5'
Marluxia: 5' 10"
Luxord: 5' 8"
Demyx: 5' 5"
Axel: 5' 8"
Saix: 5' 7"
Zexion: 5' 3"
Lexaeus: 6' 10"
Vexen: 6' 3"
Xaldin: 6' 5"
Xigbar: 5' 5"
Xemnas: 5' 11"

Something like that anyway. Fear my obsession with their heights!!

Wait wait wait... But if Sora is 4'6 in KHII, then how tall does that make him by comparison in KH1???? How freaking short are these people at the start of the series then?!

Edit: Kairi was even shorter than Sora in KH1, would we be putting her in the 3'? spectrum of the height charts then?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
*having difficulties imagining height in ft-in*

4' 6" is... um, how tall... 135 cm? It's a little bit too short, I think. I didn't do the math myself but kind of just went with my feeling, but how about... 5', I guess?

And one thing to take note of is that Roxas in all his appearances seem to be a little bit taller than Sora. It seems that he's as tall as KH2 Sora, who had grown a good few inches, so I'd say Roxas is about 5' 4".

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I couldn't find a good shot but it looks like in KH1, Sora reaches just above Leon's crotch. So it looks like Sora only got about six-ish inches taller in KH2. (Still going by Squall's official height) This puts Sora at somewhere around 3' 8" in the first game...
My braaaaaaaaaaain! That can't be right! They can't be that short! Whyyyyyyyyyyy!? *brain explodes*

Guh... I think I'll look through... the game more... I... Must... Know... Correct... Heights...

Last edited:

kupo1121

Awards
I'm curious if Nomura has honestly ever thought about the heights of these characters (I doubt it given how ridiculous it looks Sora is...there is NO WAY he is that short O_O).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back