• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you think we should be able to change Sora's costume in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Costume or no costume for Sora?

• yes completly!

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • no never!!

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^What I was thinking, around the arm or wrist.

Then again, even if we do have the option it's not like Nomura wouldn't provide a default, so I guess in the long run it really doesn't matter. Give everyone the option, and those who want Sora to look different will customize him, and those who don't, won't. ;p
That'd be the best option as even if you can change it all you want the default would still be the one seen most the time. (like how in all promotions and threater modes you always see the kingdom key even if you had another keychain attached during that scene)

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Another possible option they could do is just that, if you equipped multiple types of the same object (or same clothing article) only the first one would appear, that way it doesn't get too hectic with 3 crowns on his head, etc.

But then that poses the question, if Sora is so special and gets to be customized, shouldn't everyone else that you can equip accessories too as well (kind of off topic)?

Gram

Banned
Awards
But then that poses the question, if Sora is so special and gets to be customized, shouldn't everyone else that you can equip accessories too as well (kind of off topic)?
That would largely depend on if other characters are playable or if they are how long they are available.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Possibly. I think if Sora is customisable, Riku should at least be as well, considering the game will also be about him finding Aqua so that they will be able to locate Ventus.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Well I was even referring to Donald, Goofy, and all the world-specific members who can also have equipment as well <_<

Then I'd say yes they should get some as well but seeing as how their only party members they wouldn't get the same level of depth in appearance customization sora would.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I totally understand priorities, but I kind of feel like it should be all or none, having only Sora be customizable and Donald and Goofy getting nothing would be kind of weird to me so I guess if they do it to one, I'd hope they do it to all (lol, I'd put like 4 belts on Jack cause he is so thin haha).

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I feel like bangles and belts that you equip should show up. Maybe not ear-rings because that'd look odd and out of character and they're pretty fruity to me
jerry-and-george.jpg

Antar

Awards
Are we bringing this topic back? It's not that old but it has been a few months already...anyway, I still stand by the idea of no customizng. instead, your outfit design would slightly change to fit each Disney/Pixar world exept for non Disney worlds where you will where the default costume. I think this would be the better alternative and it would make more sense. For example, if KH3 had an Aladdin world again like Prince of Thieves, your outfit in that world would change to fit the Arabian style.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
YES! all previous costumes, a 8-bit data sora and some new stuff.

edit: I forgot Lion Sora from the concept art

I feel like bangles and belts that you equip should show up. Maybe not ear-rings because that'd look odd and out of character and they're pretty fruity to me
this too

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't get how earrings are fruity? A lot of males designed by Nomura have earrings, and at least in my culture it is pretty manly if you get an earring.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Earrings have become more and more unisex as of late, so I don't see how it would be odd. Out-of-character... perhaps, but certainly neither odd nor striking (unless if it's the extravagant kinds that look like a chandelier).

Heck, even one of my university chaplain priests had his ear pierced. Cool guy, he was.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
There are already earring accessories in KHII, aren't there?

So I guess technically Sora and co. already wear earrings.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
instead, your outfit design would slightly change to fit each Disney/Pixar world exept for non Disney worlds where you will where the default costume. I think this would be the better alternative and it would make more sense. For example, if KH3 had an Aladdin world again like Prince of Thieves, your outfit in that world would change to fit the Arabian style.
It makes way more sense for this than only changing when necessary. Donald made this huge fuss in KH1 about protecting the balance and not letting on about other worlds, and then we're walking though ancient Greece and China covered in zippers and belts.

It's not that I don't like the style of clothes in KH, they just don't blend in at all in any of the disney worlds.

That said, I am also a fan of seeing your accessories being worn, as long as there's limitations. Just obvious stuff like, if you use all your accessory slots on stuff that happens to be earrings, only the top pair will show. Excessive jewelry seems OOC for Sora (although he does seem like a guy who'd be comfortable wearing three unnecessary belts).

I just don't know if these ideas could mesh. The accessories could disappear when the costume changes, but that would happen so often there'd hardly be a point. They could change too, and we'd be blending in again, but that's a lot of work for the design team, creating a different version of each item or item type for each costume specific world.

DontDoubtDavid

It'd be cool if you can upgrade and they help you with certain abilities. As you progress, the costumes become more powerful, and you can mix and match different things (like top, pants, shoes, etc), kinda like you can with keyblades. Then by the end of the game, you can have the ultimate weapon with the ultimate costume.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Personally I'd rather just have fully customizable keychains/keyblades than the costume. It'd be more rewarding than getting some hax keychain at the end of a game when there aren't any bosses left to use them on. (except for maybe one optional boss or two)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I would just kind of like to be able to have Sora and Riku wear updated versions of their Dream Drop Distance costumes, those were my absolute favorites. But I kind of feel like the costume thing just won't happen. You never know, we can only wait and see.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
And also, considering SE's history on non-weapon equipment, it's quite unlikely that it would happen. In most, if not all, of their past games, KH included, changing armour or accessories did nothing to alter the characters' appearance, so... yeah.

I'd probably go as far as saying that costume changes should be made exclusive to online play to emphasise the uniqueness of your avatar.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't really like the idea of customizable Keyblades, if only because I don't like the idea of having any bloated customization system if we happen to get similar systems to BBS (i.e. leveling commands, melding commands, intricate abilities/growth system) I'd like to have Keyblades that can grow levels and can get stat boost, but creating a Keyblade...? I feel like that removes a bit of the charm around the Keychains in the series. They always represent something; either a world, a memory, a person, an event, or as a reward for accomplishing something. Creating Keyblades would certainly add a personal taste for us, but that takes away from them representing Sora & co.'s journey.

Creating a Keyblade would be something great in an MMO or online feature, though.

KH3 will most likely have rechallengable bosses like KH3D (but better), so we wouldn't have to worry about getting the best keyblade and having nothing to use it on.

As for cosmetics, I definitely want to be able to see the gear on Sora & co. change. It doesn't need to be an intricate costume system, just a visual representation of what will be equipped. (I would love costumes, though. Not as a system but as a purely cosmetic thing to have fun with.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back