• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do these guys sound like a copy of Organization XIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

akasonic18

Okay im writing a book called Cult 7 that have seven bad guys, and some people keep telling me i copied Cult 7. First of all i started working on this book before i even knew what Organization XIII was. They are people in black cloaks who all have supernatural powers, some elemental and some not. They each have a weapon that i designed personally and have specific attacks i created myself. the part that people say im copying is the fact that they somewhat resemble the orginazation in the fact that they wear the black cloaks and when they die they fade away kinda of like the orginazation. thats all they have some similarities. ive done most of the drawings of the cult, except the girls because i cant draw girls. the other thing is im planning a sequel called Cult 7: The Covenant and i introduce five new bad guys, called the Neo. i also introduce a cult member thats been dead for a year and the reader will find out that the main character is a former member of the cult. if u add that up you get thirteen. i didnt realize that i did this. so what do you think, did i copy or make it up myself

Kurxi

I don't know, it could be a complete random similar-ness or KH2 inspired. Maybe while playing KH2, your sub-conscious got you. But black cloaks are a normal thing for bad guys.

Raso_Soldier

I agree that black cloaks are very often used in books and stories for the bad guys. and about the number 13 I think maybe it's a little like org.13 but I guess that SE doesn't own the right for bad groups with cloaks and numbers :S, but in the end I guess that the most important thing is that you made up you'r own story and didn't copy SE's Kingdom Hearts2. So if you ask me it's not really copying just being inspired :)

Kurxi

I forgot to mention, 13 is used a lot as it's known as the bad luck number in many places.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
hmm...well i'll take your word for it that you got the idea before square enix. but who knows.....

Masamune

Big Boss
Nope.... Even if you've adopted some ideas from them, it doesn't make a difference.

XIVilization

Even if there are major similarities, i doubt it will matter much unless you get your book published. And even then, there is a only a slim SE will find your book and sue you. So keep going with it.

ROGJEX

What ever you do though, don't make the hero a kid with a giant key and 2 animal-like partners looking for their friends!

blob

it is similar but not a copy but if you want to make them different to make people shut up make their cloaks red and black since red and black look good together. And i know how you feel i write books and any time i write anything that may be remotely similar to anything i get flamed too.

Helix777

yes they sound like it but those are a lot of universal bad guy factors. Black cloaks, indivisual abilities and weapons.

akasonic18

Why black cloaks another choise please

well actually the five new characters i added in the sequel im making wear all white cloaks so they would stand out from my original seven badguys

wait its not like your plannin to release em are ya?

well eventually i want to publish these books because ive spent three years with them and im finally starting to finish them

I forgot to mention, 13 is used a lot as it's known as the bad luck number in many places.

well i didnt mean to make thirteen of them, but i do plan on making one more character, so i wont have to worry about the number, but like i said, started making them before i knew orginazation, but i realized awhile back that they resembled the Organization, down to a cult member helping you out like Axel did

Last edited by a moderator:

akasonic18

Well i just want people, not everyone, to stop telling me i stole the idea, evn though i created the characters before, but anyways at least i know theres people who dont think that they are not copies

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back