• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia Suggestions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attack! Attack!

Darkest Hour
Hello reader, my intentions are simple; they aim to discover the elements the role-players of this community would like to see implemented in a role-play. I was hoping Raticus would be doing a Final Fantasy Dissidia role-play, but he hasn't the time for such a thing. I've been looking at trailers and researching about it, which has inadvertently caused me to become super psyched for the game, and now I desire to do a Dissidia role-play more than ever.

I've decided to take up the challenge of presenting a Final Fantasy Dissidia role-play, but to avoid having it die quickly, I'd like to know what types of things would make the role-play fun for all of you. I'll start by presenting a few questions considering it's design.

1. Should I allow custom characters?
I only ask this because I think the plot would be preserved better by solely using cannon characters; and because that is just how I want to do it.

2. Battle System [y/n?]
To make things kind of different I was thinking of implementing a battle system that would be based around points and also feature a form of "level up" system for each character, to both make things unique and similar to the Final Fantasy experience. Unfortunately this would make things very complicated, and only a select few are interested in elaborate role-plays.

P.S- I plan to have this be a sort of relaxed and drawn out role-play, which just means that rather than rapid posting, it would allow participants to not have to worry about posting every day. They could put it off and wait some time before posting, just as long as it would be kept somewhat alive.

T

Tyler Durden

I like the idea of a 'points' system. And I think that canon characters are better than original ones; besides there are 11 games to choose characters from.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I thought there was more than 11 games.....
But anyway, I like the points thing better, but how do you plan on
Doing it? By how good posts are? By how many times you post?
By how many times you fight? By how good you fight?

I would love to join this, and plus, there's so many FF characters to
Choose from, you wouldn't need any originals

Rikken Omnious

I thought there was more than 11 games.....
But anyway, I like the points thing better, but how do you plan on
Doing it? By how good posts are? By how many times you post?
By how many times you fight? By how good you fight?

I would love to join this, and plus, there's so many FF characters to
Choose from, you wouldn't need any originals

Seconded

About the characters anyway ^

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I'm going to be gone for a week after tomorrow, but when I get back I'd like to participate.

I just don't have enough time to run it. xD

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
original characters would be too confusing...
plenty of canon to choose from

and i think a point sysmtem sounds interesting

afrobutt

Silver Member
A Dissidia RP sounds like an intresting idea. It would certainly give people waiting for Dissidia something to do.

I say stick with canon charecters. As for a point system... meh. If you could make it work (duh).

This would be great if we didn't have to stick to announced charecters (which I assume we won't)

Athel

Machinist
Points system sounds like a relatively good plan should you find a way to keep players sticking to it.

And I see absolutely no need to allow original characters. After all, there are 11+ games to choose from. (The + being FFX:2, FF7: Crisis Core, etc.)

T

Tyler Durden

Also, all awesome characters are reserved for me to choose from

Attack! Attack!

Darkest Hour
lol EE

I had planned on using announced characters solely, but each can be replaced with characters chosen by participants.

The point system would be solely based off battle, just like the Final Fantasy games. It would be based of hits and each character would have pre-designed stats for this. Such as gaining points for each hit made in battle and after earning enough points you could "level up", which would reward you with access to other abilities of your characters(such as more advanced magic). It would require that you to keep track of this and your character. This is just for battles though, which will play only half of the role-play; the other half of course being story, which I look forward to seeing played out well.

I will be writing a story for us to go off of, it will be based around the select amount of information there is for a game. As for the characters, since you all want to choose your own, It'd be best if you post what types of characters I should make available. Which probably means I'll see requests for Cloud and Co, but whatever.

NOTE: NO SORA OR KINGDOM HEARTS EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS

T

Tyler Durden

I might change my mind, but as of right now I'm leaning towards playing: Tidus, Jecht, or Edge.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
I wouldn't mind seeing: Rinoa, Yuna, Luneth, Black Mage, ect.

Although if Yuna becomes available, I would so wanna be her ^0^

Attack! Attack!

Darkest Hour
The suggestions are nice guys. I will be writing the storyline for the role-play sometime soon so go ahead and continue making suggestions. Just keep in mind that not all of the suggested characters will be involved, but at least one from each suggester will used, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back