• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Different control schemes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think it could work?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraaxel

Do you think that KH3 for the wii would work if it had different control schemes. Like if you could use the gamecube or classic controller?

gotegenks

then what woul dbe the point of having it on the wii INSTEAD of the ps3, the playstation is the system its always been on, well com was on gba and 358 days are gonna be on ds, but 1 and 2 were on ps2 and bbs on psp so i dont think that should or would change.

~Oblivion Keys~

I think no. Because if KH3 in wii, it would be terrible for the stick. it will be hard to the slashing. There is a game like a sword fighting and it was soo hard! The main story like KH 1 and 2 always in Playstation. KH3 shouuld be in PS3 perhaps

UrbanQuattrus

^Multi-platform games have been successful for many years, despite the fact that every console has its own unique controller. There's no reason the Wii couldn't be made to accommodate KH gameplay, it's certainly not that complex. Unless you think "press X 560 times" is too complex to translate.

Clone

I don't think waving a control around would be fun, most likely it would be frustrighting and if ur gonna use a normal game cube controller then there would be no point of it being a wii game. It would would be to long for a wii game any way, u could play for 20 minutes and ur arm would be tryed as hell.

Last edited:

Raiko

Come break me down
what if you got really frustrated of someone in KH that you accidentally threw that wii controller at the TV screen?and your arm will get tired if you will be playing it for 12 hours straight(i know that would be stupid)

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
It could work. I've actually thought of a way to play as Mickey:

The analog stick on the nunchuck is to move.

Active Battle Setup:
Press B to jump.
Move the Wiimote around to attack. [There would be patterns on how to move for certain abilities at the bottom of the screen.
A to Abilities/Magic.

Simple Battle Setup:
Press A to jump
Press B to use abilities/magic [While holding C]
Hold C to bring up battle menu
Press B to attack.

Revolve your arms around each other for Mickey's "Pearl" technique.

This, however, is a vague rememberance of how to do it.

Apollo

Silver Member
I don't think waving a control around would be fun, most likely it would be frustrighting and if ur gonna use a normal game cube controller then there would be no point of it being a wii game. It would would be to long for a wii game any way, u could play for 20 minutes and ur arm would be tryed as hell.

Yes, lots of people would be very tired of playing maybe after an half-hour.

It could work. I've actually thought of a way to play as Mickey:

The analog stick on the nunchuck is to move.

Active Battle Setup:
Press B to jump.
Move the Wiimote around to attack. [There would be patterns on how to move for certain abilities at the bottom of the screen.
A to Abilities/Magic.

Simple Battle Setup:
Press A to jump
Press B to use abilities/magic [While holding C]
Hold C to bring up battle menu
Press B to attack.

Revolve your arms around each other for Mickey's "Pearl" technique.

This, however, is a vague rememberance of how to do it.

Actually thats well thought out. I still do not like the idea of it being on the wii.

KH-Lover

Website
www.formspring.me
my idea is this...its really similar to PostMetalFerocity's...anyways here it is:

if using the wii remote and nunchuck:

Attack:swing the wii remote (different abilities may require a different swing just like in PofC: At World's End for the wii)

Jump: press A (to avoid falling back when hit press B)

Magic: Press C for shortcut menu (use up, down, left, or rght on the control pad on the wii remote)

Lock On: press Z

use Battle Menu: control pad on wii remote

if using the classic controller/gamecube controller:

use like PS2 Controller

Any thoughts on this way of playing???

then what woul dbe the point of having it on the wii INSTEAD of the ps3, the playstation is the system its always been on, well com was on gba and 358 days are gonna be on ds, but 1 and 2 were on ps2 and bbs on psp so i dont think that should or would change.And, Coded, which will be the best one, is on mobile. So, I'm wrong. lol.

Fix'd.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. I basically agree with KH-Lover.

Good idea.

soraaxel

Okay,am I talking about using a wii remote? No! So to everyone else that is writing about that,shut up. I am talking about using a gamecube or classic controller. And as for what would be the point of it being of it being on the wii, one of the greatest games of all time is on the wii. And it has no motion controls what-so-ever:Super Smash Bros Brawl! And as to it having not enough
power to run it,there is plenty of power to have all the worlds and abilitys on the wii. Only the graphics won't be as good as the PS3. BIG DEAL!

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Considering Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a much more complicated game then Kingdom Hearts has ever been, and that game was originally developed for the Gamecube and in a grand total of 6 months of development they adapted the gameplay to use the Wiimote without really trying, Kingdom Hearts could easily work on the Wii. In 6 months Nintendo was able to quickly adapt sword battle gameplay using the Wiimote without hardly taking advantage of the features of the Wiimote, a game built for the ground up for the Wii that's less complicated then Twilight Princess would work easily.

soraaxel

Considering Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is a much more complicated game then Kingdom Hearts has ever been, and that game was originally developed for the Gamecube and in a grand total of 6 months of development they adapted the gameplay to use the Wiimote without really trying, Kingdom Hearts could easily work on the Wii. In 6 months Nintendo was able to quickly adapt sword battle gameplay using the Wiimote without hardly taking advantage of the features of the Wiimote, a game built for the ground up for the Wii that's less complicated then Twilight Princess would work easily.

Exactly! At least there are some people here that agree it could work.

Clone

dude the reason smash bros brawl is on the wii is because it a nentedo trade mark game and as such i wont be on any other console. and dont quote me and talk about nothing iv said, did i say any thing about wiii not having enough power? no! of course it does. all i said was i don't think theirs any reson for u to have kh on the wii if ur not using the wii remote that my opinion.

The control for the ps2 r differnt from the gamecube control and other nintendo control so i think the contols would be differnt don't know how it would work as i don't know what the bottons r.

soraaxel

dude the reason smash bros brawl is on the wii is because it a nentedo trade mark game and as such i wont be on any other console. and dont quote me and talk about nothing iv said, did i say any thing about wiii not having enough power? no! of course it does. all i said was i don't think theirs any reson for u to have kh on the wii if ur not using the wii remote that my opinion.

The control for the ps2 r differnt from the gamecube control and other nintendo control so i think the contols would be differnt don't know how it would work as i don't know what the bottons r.

Alright,sorry I offended you about it not having enough power. This other guy said that, and i don't know how to double quote. Secondly, I know it is trademarked by nintendo.So? What i am trying to say that it is such a great game,that kingdom hearts 3 could be just as good as it on the wii. And I don't understand why people are making such a big deal of this. Okay,for a second lets go forward in time. Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out and there is a PS3 AND a wii version. If it is on the wii,just ignore it annd buy the PS3 version.

A

Audo

I think the people who are saying 'you'd be tired after half an hour' have clearly not played the Wii. It isn't tiring unless you're doing overdramatic arm movements like you do in Wii Sports, but a KH game wouldn't even need that. It could be like Twilight Princess which you just need a light shake one way to slice the sword. Not everything has to be huge movements, folks.

And that's only considering that the game uses motion controls. It doesn't have to. Without motion controls you have the Wiimote and Nunchuk, the Wiimote on its side, the Classic Controller and the Gamecube controller to work with. If anything they could create multiple control schemes and the fans could choose which they liked best.

what if you got really frustrated of someone in KH that you accidentally threw that wii controller at the TV screen?and your arm will get tired if you will be playing it for 12 hours straight(i know that would be stupid)
That's why they created this beautiful thing like a wrist-strap.
And honestly, if you're the kind of person that gets so frustrated you whip your controller at the TV screen then maybe you shouldn't be playing video games.

then what woul dbe the point of having it on the wii INSTEAD of the ps3, the playstation is the system its always been on, well com was on gba and 358 days are gonna be on ds, but 1 and 2 were on ps2 and bbs on psp so i dont think that should or would change.
The Wii is the better selling console. (This would be a reason from a financial decision)
Plus the Wii's graphic capabilities and what not would be more suiting for Kingdom Hearts and it's art style than the PS3 would.
Those are just two ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back