• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Did Anyon Else Find The HD Remake A Little Easier?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Playing on Proud my first runthrough was a nightmare. I wasn't expecting the tweak in difficulty. Since then, though, it's been an easy experience.

MyNameisAnsem

Playing on Proud my first runthrough was a nightmare. I wasn't expecting the tweak in difficulty. Since then, though, it's been an easy experience.

How much more difficult than Standard would you say Proud is?

MyNameisAnsem

Hella. But that depends on the way you play and the choices you make during the Awakening.

Makes sense. When I started off, I took the sword and I think I gave up the shield. I also took the fast level up route, but that's mainly because I've already beaten the first game and figured it would go faster.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Makes sense. When I started off, I took the sword and I think I gave up the shield. I also took the fast level up route, but that's mainly because I've already beaten the first game and figured it would go faster.

That route is usually can be the hardest cause the shield is the defense but it's the route I always take cause you don't get most of the useful abilities the shield provides till near the 70's.
It is a great level grinding choice though as the shield grants tech boost a bit faster which makes all those exp points you get for guarding or hitting a heartless' weakness close to double for each equip of it.

Spikeyroxas

Yes
only because of leaf bracer though
the ability to cast defense magic combined with second chance and low cost cure spells with lead bracer made you invincible pretty much

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
On Standard Mode it was definitely easier but on Expert Mode I still found it pretty challenging (I still think KH1 is one of the more difficult games in the KH series).

MyNameisAnsem

That route is usually can be the hardest cause the shield is the defense but it's the route I always take cause you don't get most of the useful abilities the shield provides till near the 70's.
It is a great level grinding choice though as the shield grants tech boost a bit faster which makes all those exp points you get for guarding or hitting a heartless' weakness close to double for each equip of it.

Really? I didn't know that. If I did, I would have gone for the shield to get even more experience. I almost always take the strength based weapons in KH. I've always been one for power in RPGs.

rufusisaghost

I DEFINITELY did.
I had just played through some of the original game before I got the HD remix as a present from my boyfriend. Literally I got stuck in Agrabah in the original because it was so incredibly hard to me that I got so frustrated I literally could not do anything but yell at the screen. But I breezed through the remix like it was nothing. It was both mildly frustrating and relieving at the same time.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
On Standard Mode it was definitely easier but on Expert Mode I still found it pretty challenging (I still think KH1 is one of the more difficult games in the KH series).

I agree that I think KH1 is one of more difficult games, especially on Proud. I'm not counting other games' critical modes though. those are ridiculous

davidXIIIaxel

I DEFINITELY did.
I had just played through some of the original game before I got the HD remix as a present from my boyfriend. Literally I got stuck in Agrabah in the original because it was so incredibly hard to me that I got so frustrated I literally could not do anything but yell at the screen. But I breezed through the remix like it was nothing. It was both mildly frustrating and relieving at the same time.
yeah agrabah wasnt my favorite place to play because it was hard to figure out what youre supposed to do.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I simply found the difficulty of the battles to be pretty hard, although I suppose the worlds in KH1 also felt less linear than each of the games to follow.

davidXIIIaxel

I simply found the difficulty of the battles to be pretty hard, although I suppose the worlds in KH1 also felt less linear than each of the games to follow.
yeah thats true BUT the secret bosses were incredibly hard. i was only able to defeat the sand secret boss in agrabah.

rufusisaghost

yeah agrabah wasnt my favorite place to play because it was hard to figure out what youre supposed to do.
I just couldn't get past the entrance to the cave of wonders boss, for some reason. I played for hours trying to beat it and was annoyed the whole time. I thought the camera angles were also worse in the original which is what made me frustrated too.

Anthony12KH

WHen one has played KH as much as we have, one will not forget what to do in the game. Though you might get lost in Atlantica or Tarzans world.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I just couldn't get past the entrance to the cave of wonders boss, for some reason. I played for hours trying to beat it and was annoyed the whole time. I thought the camera angles were also worse in the original which is what made me frustrated too.

Best way to beat the tiger head is to get on his nose.

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I look at the difficulty in a different way. My video gaming expertise is in the field of RPGs and I have always loved Kingdom Hearts. I believe that they somewhat balanced out the game more for KHFM, and that's probably what they wanted to do for people new to the game. The feeling of difficulty can be changed depending on many things like if you know what you're doing (so if you played the game before or have a strategy), what you chose and give up in dive into the heart (honestly, what you're better with will change the difficulty for you), and how you play the game really.

My thoughts, the game didn't become any easier and I've just become an expert at the game (other than Sephiroth, I find him far too hard to beat). If it's easier, that means that I have learned it and become better at it. I played the original when I was 5 and I had somewhat hard time, but I got better. When I recently played KHFM, I had an easier time because I knew what I was doing. Plus, I made bad choices when I played the original game by choosing the sword.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
yeah was easy but because when i played km1 RECOM KM2 i was around 8 but when i got HD version i was older the point is i find it hard and when i was young even now but i finished it faster this time guess i was naive back when i was 8 i see km and final fantasy is most to hardest game in the world

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I distinctively remember having a much more difficult time dealing with the Opposite Armor in I.5 than I did in the vanilla version of the game. I swear that the Phantom boss battle was harder as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back