• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Devilish Haven{Punk Rendition} Signups and OOC(Mature RP)(SIGN-UPS ARE STILL OPEN!!!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

icmasticc

It's been a while since I ran an RP but I'm not unfamiliar to it. I've been cooking up a rough idea, but here it is and I hope it becomes popular.
----------------------------------------------------------
Devilish Haven{PuNk ReNdItioN}

In a punkish, anime-inspired, futuristic world where the word "realistic" has a skewered meaning, a story unfolds.
============
Welcome to the city of ArKanis.​

A futuristic New York-esque city is a good description for it. There are bright lights, it's huge, and people barely sleep. This isn't the world you and me know though. For hundreds of years now, Demons, Witches, Humans, and Cyborgs have all co-existed together. Though this is the "future", technology is largely the same as it is in real life present day. No flying cars, no moving sidewalks, etc. New jobs have become available though. Just like human criminals, there are Demon criminals, evil witches, and outlaw Cyborgs who try to take advantage of the world. There are also good Demons, good witches, and good Cyborgs who either don't care or try to catch there evil counterparts. The city is very lively and active at all times of the day and night but people seem to get by just fine. This is where our story begins.
------------
Recently there has been a surge of criminals rampaging through the city. Demons, witches, humans and Cyborgs alike. The rate of crime has increased dramatically over the course of just a few months and people are beginning to question the saftey of the city. The Cyborg and Human law enforcement agencies CDG(Cyborg Defense Group) and the APD(ArKanis Police Department) have begun to look into a few leads as to where this surge could have originated from. While the law enforcement agencies are following leads, bounty hunters and mercenaries are cashing in on the surge by catching these criminals for the reward money the CDG and APD have posted. Some people even speculate that the criminals themselves are working for different crime syndicates earning cash for their crimes. This is where your story starts.​

While there is a central story to this RP, the beginning phase(called Phase 1) will be written by the RPers. The stories you create within this RP and the activity you have between RPers will all be connected to the central story. This is phase 1. In Phase 1, you may do whatever you please within the city. After your Temp is accepted, feel free to start RPing and interacting with other RPers, creating small stories. You could take on a crime syndicate with other RPers, or you could even becomen a criminal and start a crime syndicate with other RPers. When I feel that we enough RPers participating and you've had your fill of RPing as you please, I will introduce Phase 2, which will begin the main storyline we all shall follow.​

Earlier I said something about the word "realistic" having a skewered meaning. Since this is anime-inspired, exaggerated and sometimes unrealistic acrobatics are allowed. Fighting must still make sense and follow normal logic however.​

Current Storyline

A surge in crime has raised the fears of citizens across the city of ArKanis. It has also increased the amount of bounty hunters, mercenaries-for-hire, and law enforcement activity. Everybody has their own reasons for doing what they do. Some hunt each other for money not knowing that law enforcement is actually hunting them. Law enforcement has decided to take in any Demon or Witch they come across in an effort to lower the crime rate. CDG members are allowed to wrok with APD members to realize this goal if they wish. Cyborgs and Humans that aren't in law enforcement make their own choices. Demons and Witches do not generally like each other, but there are rare cases. On the outside, the bright lights and party nature of the ever awakened city mask the crime and chaos going on within the dark alleys and gritty streets. It's not complete chaos, but it's enough to keep everyone busy with their own agenda's.​

This is Phase 1. Right now you have RP freedom and can basically do what you want within the city depending on the temp you've created and the occupation you've given yourself. Please interact with other RPers also as that's what holds an RP together. Fanfiction is nice but too much of it and this RP will die quickly. The RP thread is not yet created as I've just posted this, but when we get enough starting RPers, I'll create the thread.​

Rules

-No god-modding.(We should all know what this means by now. No dodging every attack, no superbly over-powered characters, no one-hit kills, etc.)​

-Do not kill another RPers character unless you have talked this over with them first. When Phase 2 begins and the main storyline starts, most likely everyone will be using the same characters.​

-No Powerplaying(Don't control other people's characters. If you get into a fight with an RPer, leave your attack posts open-ended so they have a chance to react. For example "I shot a fireball and it burned him alive. I then watched his corpse slowly fall, in ashes, to the ground." That is the WRONG way to post an attack.)​

-This is an M-Rated(Mature) RP. Yes, you can swear to the fullest. Yes, you can use sexual innuendo's. Yes it will be very violent, bloody, and/or gorey. If you have a problem with this, do not join. This is an RP with no restrictions because real life also has no restrictions. However, no X-Rated material. You can hint in a clean way that some characters had adult relations but don't graphically describe it. As far as relationships go, PG-13 is an acceptable level. Kissing, groping and things is fine, but X-Rated is too much.​

-The invisible rule is in effect too, lol. (This rule covers any rules I could not think of at the time. More rules will be added if I can think of them cause I know I'm missing something lol).​

-You are allowed a maximum of 2 characters.​

-Though you are allowed to RP exaggerated and sometimes unrealistic acrobatics, fights between RPers must still follow normal battle logic and make sense.​

-Literacy is a must. Basic grammar skills are needed to join this RP. It is hard to read your posts if it consists of one giant run on sentence.​

-Your posts must be at least 4-5 lines long. One line posts are not only boring but they don't really contribute to the RP. It also makes it easier for someone to interact with a quality post.​

-Please try and post once a week. I know everyone has lives(I got a job and I'm in college), but I did say try. If your gonna be out for extended periods, just come in here and let everybody know.​

Races

Humans-The most basic of the races. Humans are just that. Humans. They live, need to eat, need to breathe and there is nothing special about them. Humans however, are able to carry the most weapons around with them, for the sake of balance. It is not uncommon for a human to be very adept at killing Demons, Witches, and Cyborgs. Humans also don't have any significant weaknesses like the other races.​

Cyborgs-Cyborgs are Humans who have been augmented with some sort of technology and are known for their high strength levels and weapons proficiency. They are great for law enforcement because their eyes can scan, zoom in, and use X-Ray vision. Their strength is also enhanced because of the augmentation which also increases the amount of damage they can take. Each Cyborg also possesses a built in shield they can use whenever they are under attack. It is relatively weak, but is effective against projectiles and physical attacks from humans. Unfortunately, their weakness is their inability to handle supernatural attacks. Witches are a hated foe because of their ability to use supernatural(or magical whatever lol) attacks.​

Witches-An all female race. Witches are known for their extreme reflexes, agility and flexibility. They also possess one supernatural ability each. Physically, Witches are as strong as demons. They can handle damage moderately but are more so known for gracefully dodging attacks than being beaten down. Their weakness is their inability to handle too much damage. If a witch is directly hit too much, it's better to retreat than to keep on fighting and die.
Though anybody can be good at hand-to-hand combat, Witches are especially known for their hand-to-hand combat skills. This doesn't mean they don't carry weapons though.​

Demons-Demons possess a human appearance, thus it is not so easy to identify one. Demons are known for their durability. They also possess enhanced strength, speed, and agility. Their bodies are naturally stronger and tougher than the other races so they are known as the physically strongest. Demons however do not possess any supernatural abilities. Super strength, enhanced speed, high damage resistance, and enhanced agility are already enough for a Demon anyway. Demons also do not possess a "Demon Form" because they are already Demon; that IS their demon form. A Demon's weakness is melee weapons. Even though projectiles and guns will hurt them, melee weapons will achieve the damage an individual would want to inflict on a demon.​

Half-Breeds do not exist in this RP. It's one of the four above. As you'll see in the temp though, you are not limited to just what these descriptions say though. I wrote those as a guideline so you the races each have their differences and thus, aren't RPed the same way.​

Character Temp

Here is the format for character temps.​

Name
Age(Demons, Witches, and Cyborgs can have really high ages)
Gender(Must be Male or Female)
Race(No half-breeds)(Witches can only be female)
Height
Weight
Appearance(Can be pic or description or both)
Weapons(Humans have a limit of 4 weapons; Every other race has a limit of 2)
Supernatural Ability(Witches only)
Occupation(Bounty Hunter, Mercenary-for-Hire, Criminal, Neutral)
Faction(CDG, APD, None)
Personality
History
Other Info​

NPC's

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Accepted Characters

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

--------------------------------------
I think I've covered everything, if there are any questions feel free to ask. I'm also looking for two people to make "Mods" of the RP so they can help with story purposes and other things if I happen to be away. PM me if interested. Anyway, go ahead and create and your characters. Be creative, and have fun with the RP.​

The RP is currently in Phase 1. Sign-Ups are still open with no spot limitations. Once enough people join in each race, occupation, and faction, Phase 2 will begin and the main storyline will also begin(Yes, there is, in fact, a main storyline). For now, the RP thread will be up soon. Once it is up, you may RP and interact however you wish. You may even fight each other if you wish. Have fun, enjoy, and join up if you haven't already done so and would like too.

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
Re: Devilish Haven[Punk Rendition] Signups and OOC(Mature RP)

Name: Jezzi Crimson
Race: Human
Height: 5'4
Weight: 101
Appearance:
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu207/cassiegirl119/Code%20Geass/kallen-code-geass-1998744-1024-768.jpg Wears a dark red tank top underneath that goes right above her belly button and a leather jacket that goes over it. On both ears, she has one purple stud and two black studs above it. She wears black short-shorts and green and blue Tom shoes. On her left leg she has a gun pointing downward and on her neck, she has her name written backwards, so you'd have to look in the mirror to see it the right way.
Weapons:
-Black Thorn:
http://img2.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/dddd236fdc4b8a52bbf1e6c208548f091228896155_full.jpg
-Spices: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41gTSFDaRCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
-Mane:http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Plan-B-69/DantesGun.jpg
Black thorn is located on Jezzi's thigh, Spices is on her waist, and Mane is on her other thigh.
Faction: None
Personality: Cocky and confident describes Jezzi. She believes that she'll always do the best on her job, even if it means losing friends or family to get to the top. She doesn't believe in un-happiness. and strives to make herself never un-happy, only giving them the choice of happy or mad. But she's also a sore loser. She hates to lose, especially at card games(such as *coughPOKERcough*) and whoever finishes the job first. Gets awkward around crying people and just LOVES to beat up people. If you paid her a dollar for everytime she had gotten into a fight, she'd be rich as fcuk.
But there are times when Jezzi slips into unhappiness herself. She thinks about her father, who she thinks is one of the people she's hunting. She doesn't cry, just becomes anti-social.
History:
Jezzi was born in ArKanis and has been there since birth, growing acustomed to the always-awake life. Jezz never knew her real parents, but she believes that one of them is somebody that she's hunting and that is why she hastes a part of her job. But aside from that, she loves the job of bounty hunting. She was adopted by a jewish family and se shortly ran away, escaping a life that she didn't even really sink into.
She lives by herself in a small condo in the center of the city, the bounty job paying all of her expenses.
Other:
-Chain smoker, loves it.
-Vodka's her favorite.

Last edited:

icmasticc

First human, good profile Axel. It looks nice, everything is in order, so you are accepted. The city is ArKanis by the way. It's just New York-esque, not New York itself but your profile is still fine. I shall move your info to Accepted.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

Name: Renn Gurski
Race: Demon
Height: 5'11- 6'0
Weight: 165 lbs
Appearance: Sainewindsquall's deviantART favourites
without the wings of course.
Weapons: Sword:
Sainewindsquall's deviantART favourites
Shotgun:
Browsing deviantART
Personality: Typical demon really, He's silent, and when forced into something... He'll get out of it one way or another. as comes with age... He has wisdom beyond that of most humans, His anger and instability of mind is the thing you wanna watch out for though... Last time that happened... it litterally almost meant the end of the world... He hides inside himself and that keeps him from doing so again. Because he feels regret worse than humans... Although it's thought that Demons don't have these types of emotions, a result of his attachement to his past life.

But his Demonic instincts cover the human aspects when he's fighting...

History: Renn's history is special... He's a reincarnation of a human. Renn's past life was killed when he was 19, And the world his past life lived in was a world of just humans and animals, Cyborgs existed too but they were just amputees and not very advanced. Demons and witches were just myths... And when His past life died on December 21st, 2012... He was reborn into this world as a demon, you could say he 'trancended the cosmic plane' into his inner self in this world. The birthrealm of Renn's first life was referred to as 'the first plane' and this is the 'Second plane'. It was the wish of one simple human who allowed him to cross into this realm and transform into his inner self...

icmasticc

Shinra, your profile is alright so far, but your history is what's keeping it from acceptance. You can't be in a reincarnation of a human. You must be one of the four races outlined. This will be important to the story later on which is why I stress this. It would add unnecessary mythos to the world which does not exist. Once you change that though, I'll go ahead and move your info to the accepted.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

He was born in a different realm first... then he was born in this realm after that form died...

icmasticc

Hmm...after re-reading your profile I can see where I missed you say it was different world. Since your history has nothing to do with this world, I'll accept you. Just make sure you don't add any unneccesary mythos to this world. I'll move your info.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

By the way the realm in Renn's history, is OUR Realm

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards

Name- Necro Valen
Age- 277
Gender- Male
Race- Demon
Height- 5'11-6'0
Weight- 150
Appearance-
guy.jpg

Weapons-Gunblade
TS-MRHRGB18.jpg
A bladed sword which he received once he was knighted as king. It extends longer at will by the user.

Custom Magnum
mf357cart4.jpg

Occupation- Criminal
Faction-None

Personality-Very egocentric, power is his goal, and would do anything to a get it. Cocky, Confident, and very intelligent. He has a very short tempered,
and at times impatient. Only does things at his will. Very dangerous, evil and cunning. Has alot of pride. Enjoys a good fight.

History- Necro was once the youngest king ever to be of his warrior clan, the Purity clan. To be chosen as king you had to be the best fighter, in which a tournament would be held and the winner would finally challenge the current king in a fight for leadership, in which at age 16 he became ruler. He believed in strong leadership, and will for the better of his people.
His clan was one of the strongest if not thee strongest clan there was.He would go to wars to conquer others for power, as well as securing the well being of his clan. Several years had gone by and he was at the brink of ruling the world.
But suddenly a witch who was kept in prisoned for misdeeds had put a curse on him, in which teleported him into the future while on an long hibernated slumber in which several years had gone by.
In which he then woke up, and what he saw was chaos and among different races caused by society, in which he wanted no part in. Instead he incouraged all races to come together, and organized a rebel syndicate, in which they will fight the world, society has become, and unite and present a new world order.

Other Info- Likes to read books, especially about power. Likes to drink vintage wine.

Last edited:

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

First human, good profile Axel. It looks nice, everything is in order, so you are accepted. The city is ArKanis by the way. It's just New York-esque, not New York itself but your profile is still fine. I shall move your info to Accepted.
oops. >_< I'll go and change the city. Sorry!

icmasticc

Before this gets out of hand, no more "teleportation into this world" histories. There isn't a multiverse theory here lol. As far our characters know, this is the real world. Trunks, as long as you know that your syndicate has yet to be created when the RP starts, your accepted. I say this because there are no NPC characters to control as of yet so there is only you unless more RPers join you when the RP starts.

I'll move your info.

EDIT-Trunks, Necro's blade may not extend longer by the will of the user. Demons do not possess any special abilities because the Demon race already possesses enhanced traits and high durability. Your blade gun is fine but it can only be a normal blade gun.

Last edited:

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!

BTW; I'll probably post a Human template too.

Name:
Secret Agent Wotan
Race:
Cyborg
Height:
5'11
Weight:
?????
Appearance:
cnw.png

Weapons:
Laser Scythe;
A long black staff like object that emits an energy blade, the laser scythe is Wotan's primary weapon. It can shrink into a small cylinder for convenience, and easy storage. Also; if projectiles are needed, the laser scythe can sends out waves of energy towards a target. Either many small waves, or one large wave.
Jet Sets;
Even though they are used for mostly travel up to ninety miles an hour, the Jet Sets can also send out an energy wave much like the laser scythe. When needed as a weapon, Wotan would have to use moves that would involve kicks and axis spins.

Bounty Hunter/Secret Agent
Wotan is an official CDG secret investigative agent, who's mission is to locate the primary cause for the recent crimes that haven been committed. Though to gain information, he acts as a Bounty Hunter in disguise.

Faction:
CDG
Personality:
Wotan can be described as a loner who valors pride, he is; serious, collective, and willing. Though he is the exact opposite when undercover. When in disguise, he acts as though he is a failed funk/techno artist who will do any job for is addiction money. Even though he actually hates his false persona, he is still attracted to the idea.

He is also into Jazz and Classical music, and his hobbies involve him writing sonatas; or making fine cuisines. All in all, he is a good natured cyborg who just wants to do right in a troublesome world of criminals and near-do-wells.

History:
Wotan was born as Gabriel Boimoux. Being born into a poor family; Wotan was often abused by his older brother & parents. Which had caused him to run away from his old apartment in the city, and into a sub-urban orphanage at the age of ten. Where he was often moved into different foster families, he never heard of his parents again.

Unfortunately for him, the abuse caused him so much stress that he would often have a random meltdown. Or instead go blind for a short amount of time. His illness had become so bad that his brain tissue had turned swollen, causing it to rub against the skull. His current foster family only had a few options, he could die; or become cybernetic. His foster parents had decided to give him a cybernetic head & spine. A costly procedure, though the foster parents could still afford it. He ended up having a TV like head. But his new operation gave him the functionality of having a great intellect, and having higher physical potential.

Gabriel ended up going to a high ranked university, and receiving high honors in all of his classes. So high that the FBI enlisted him in government training. He ended up being a secret operative for over two years before he was then moved to the CDG. While in the training program, Gabriel was told that he would be given a new name. And a new background; in-which he would act as a new identity for a mission. A mission that would involve infiltrating the crime lords of the city.....

Other Info:
Theme:

icmasticc

Interesting character Jozi, and also first cyborg. I'll be looking forward to your human template. As for this profile, you are accepted. I see you are the first person in the CDG and your undercover status suits the current storyline. I will move your info into the accepted characters. FYI for everyone else, I'm going to start the RP soon. The sign-ups will remain open as there is no limit to who can join while the RP is in Phase 1.

Once the RP is started you may RP and interact however you wish. Once enough people join(in each occupation and race respectively), Phase 2 of the RP will begin. When Phase 2 begins, I will close the sign-ups so we can begin the main storyline. For now, have fun with Phase 1. The RP thread will be up soon. I may do it before I go to sleep tonight, but latest it will be up is tomorrow morning(Eastern timezone). Sign-ups as of now are still open.

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards

Second Template:

Name:
Onira Senten

Race:
Demon
Height:
5'6
Weight:
?????
Appearnce:
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk278/mewsakurachii/code-geass-lelouch-of-the-rebell-1.jpg
Weapons:
-A long katana blade
-A long rifle on her back

Personality: A loner, dwells in dark alleyways, always scrounging for food. There's no such thing as love in her heart, only pure lust and darkness. (Soo KH <3) She is described as an innocent, good-looking girl at first sight, but when you dig deeper into that dark heart of heart of hers, you find out that she is capable of killing you. When she kills a person, she watches them die, enjoying the look and stench of death.
She is merciless, even in her human form. Her favorite people to torture and kill are kids. Sickening, but In Onira's mind, it's a pleasure. When her temper flares, you better watch out. The katana comes out and somebody might die if you're around her.
History:
Some people may not like the idea of being an idea, but to Onira, it's heaven, despite the fact that she's a Hell creature. She killed her own parents and her younger brother, then left to go up to ArKanis, a party city. Just right for Onira. She came up, at first murdering random hobos and whores, than moving towards kids, teens, then finally, adults and families. She became a known criminal around the city, but was never caught. For years, she hid in alleys, away from the sunlight, where she could be spotted.
Other:
-Party Girl
-Smoker

Last edited:

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards

EDIT-Trunks, Necro's blade may not extend longer by the will of the user. Demons do not possess any special abilities because the Demon race already possesses enhanced traits and high durability. Your blade gun is fine but it can only be a normal blade gun.

Its not Necros special ability, its the gun itself that has the ability to do it.

icmasticc

It still must be a normal weapon though. Demon's possess no special abilities of any kind, weapon or otherwise, other than the ones already stated for the race. Demon weapons may not have special abilities either.

Trunks

Bronze Member
Awards

Its just extends its length by a few inches, nothing too dramatic.

icmasticc

If that's the case, then you could explain it from a technological basis instead of an ability. Explain the system by which it extends briefly and indicate how many inches it can extend too.

EDIT-Having some technical difficulties right now. For some reason it's not letting me post the RP thread.

Last edited:

icmasticc

Ignore this double post. I was making sure I could post elsewhere because for some reason I can't post RP thread in Original Roleplays. When I submit, the page loads but then goes blank and when go back it hasn't posted. I'm trying to figure it out. It'll be up soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back