• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Dealing with friends.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

Okay, so I love and respect all of my friends, and for the longest time I thought the feeling was mutual. I never get mad at them or yell at them and I can't remember any time when I got in an argument with them. Sure, we all somewhat pick on each other, but we don't really mean it. Lately, two of my friends are taking it to the extreme.
Example 1: We have open lunch and most of my friends have lunch together. We all go out and eat and have our conversations. Any time I try to contribute to the conversation, I am either told to shut up, not listened to, or ridiculed. But only by these two friends, everyone else just kinda watches, but hardly defend me. So I don't talk at all when we are together and I am yelled at for not contributing to the conversation.
Example 2: One of the two friends mentioned wanted to know something I knew about, but I promised to keep it a secret. I told her I couldn't tell her and she said "you're such a bitch" and angrily stormed off.
My whole thing is, they have always been a little more aggressive and, as they say, "bitchy". But it's never been this bad and towards me. I don't know what I did to be treated this way, and I try to not do anything to upset them. I want to confront them and tell them that they are being excessively mean to me and that I don't feel like I am respected. But knowing them, they may just yell at me more or apologize and talk about me behind my back. The other solution is to just end our friendship, but the thing is we have been friends for so long and I still have a strong attachment to them. I can't imagine not being their friend and I don't want to lose anymore of my friends. This whole situation is really tearing me up inside and I can't think of a way to deal with them without them getting more angry or lose their friendship. They are really nice and fun to be around when they are separate, but when they are together they feed off of each others energy and seem to focus it towards me.

Any advice?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
You don't want to lose friends; burning bridges after you cross them is foolish and infantile. That said, you also need to feel respected, and give respect, for the relationship to flourish. If you feel you are not being given the respect you deserve, confront them about it, and tell them exactly how you feel and what could be done to remedy it.

Should they continue to treat you in this manner, fret not. You are 17 and college is only around the corner. You will have many opportunities to meet and make new friends there, who, hopefully, will be more sensitive and mature than your current ones.

Fortissimo

You don't want to lose friends; burning bridges after you cross them is foolish and infantile. That said, you also need to feel respected, and give respect, for the relationship to flourish. If you feel you are not being given the respect you deserve, confront them about it, and tell them exactly how you feel and what could be done to remedy it.

Should they continue to treat you in this manner, fret not. You are 17 and college is only around the corner. You will have many opportunities to meet and make new friends there, who, hopefully, will be more sensitive and mature than your current ones.

Thanks for the advise.

I know college is almost here, and we all know that some of us will go our separate ways, but I just wanted our last year together to be something great. Something to look back on as a good memory.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Thanks for the advise.

I know college is almost here, and we all know that some of us will go our separate ways, but I just wanted our last year together to be something great. Something to look back on as a good memory.

No problem!

I know exactly where you are coming from. But unfortunately, people have a habit of changing, especially as teenagers, and when change becomes too much, too soon, it would be best for you to, not completely discard them as friends, but give each other space. Distance does make the heart grow fonder, after all.

impart

Climb The Sky
awh. :(

well you can try being honest with them, and telling them you feel secluded. but that always sucks

fight back. maybe you'll work a few things out that way.
when they tell you to shut up, you call them bitches and laugh light heatedly

kid around about them, tell them they look ugly today, or that they're wearing too much make up. and then just tack on a 'just kidding'
after every insult you say. that way the can see how it feels

Fortissimo

awh. :(

well you can try being honest with them, and telling them you feel secluded. but that always sucks

fight back. maybe you'll work a few things out that way.
when they tell you to shut up, you call them bitches and laugh light heatedly

kid around about them, tell them they look ugly today, or that they're wearing too much make up. and then just tack on a 'just kidding'
after every insult you say. that way the can see how it feels

That tactic wouldn't work well with them. If i fight back like that, even half joking like you suggested, it would just get worse. they would unleash hell upon me. And I couldn't say things like that to them,I would feel terrible :(. They have their reasons for being the way they are and I don't want to make their life harder. But thank you for your sympathies and the help.

Home Bound said:
I'm coping with having no friends.
:C You'll find them one day. They're out there somewhere waiting for you.

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
Me personally, I wouldn't stay friends with them. There's teasing each other and there's just being a bitch, and from what you said, they sound rather bitchy. :v

But that's just me. I think you should go ask around your other friends, see if they know why those two are being so nasty or if they're upset about anything, and then you should go and confront them. If they still act like that towards you, then you're better off without them, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back