• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

DDD Symbols and their possible meanings.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
We all remember the two new symbols for DDD that we found many months ago.
We all noticed the difference between the two; the first symbol is more curved and the second is more pointed obviously.
7087126.png
and
images

So after the recent news flood, I was watching the gameplay video of Riku and I noticed that Riku and his Dream Eater companions all sport the first, curved symbol; I also noticed that Sora's Dream Eater cat companion has the curved symbol as well.

rikusbat.jpg
riksdeer.jpg

rikusymbol.jpg
Wandanyan%20render.png

Then I noticed that the Dream Eater enemies all seemed to sport the pointed symbol.

pandafromhell.jpg

dragon.jpg

This led me to assume that Sora and his second companion probably have the same symbol as Riku and company, since Sora's cat companion has it. Which got me thinking, instead of the symbols being Sora and Riku's own Mark of Mastery signs, maybe they were something else entirely. I was thinking that maybe the symbols are meant to differentiate between enemy and friend, that maybe the curved symbol has something to do with "taming".
That might sound a little silly, but I believe within the "Dreamscape" Sora and Riku posses the ability to tame certain Dream Eater's and the symbols mark them as "tamers" as well as show which beasts they have tamed. Therefore the pointed symbol would be there to differentiate which enemies had not yet been tamed.

Discuss.

billyzanesucks

Nice. I was never able to discern the symbol on his back. This would really go with that 'goodwill and malice' thing.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Your idea sounds like something out Dragon Quest Jokers/Pokemon. There'd have to be some process that changes the symbols once the Dream Eaters are tamed. Symbols don't change on their own.

What if their relationship is like the relationship between the Emblem Heartless and the Pureblood Heartless, where the pointy Dream Eaters are aritificial and the round ones are not? Perhaps the Dream Eaters were not evil to begin with.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Hmmm. This doesn't seem that far off. Like a sort of "Dream" as opposed to "Nightmare" sorta difference. The more rounded symbol may belong to the tamed, controlled, or "good dream" eaters while the rigid symbol apply to the wild, destructive, hostile, "nightmare" dream eaters. I'm just using those terms to better illustrate. Both are "dreams" but one is not bad while the other one is...well ya know...not as pleasant. I was going about it the wrong way before, thinking that perhaps Riku and Sora each have their own symbol but now it makes sense to have the side of good have one symbol and the side of evil another. We've been facing enemies that were never any help to us but were always evil so having a brand of them that can be allied with either side is interesting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
We don't know the nature of these symbols, Blank_Points. If this is a dream, it is probably something that is done to "tame" a Dream Eater to Sora and Riku's side and the symbol could change. There could be Dream Eaters that are just pure nightmares and can't be swayed or changed. Or anything...ugh...too many paths that can be taken...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Your idea sounds like something out Dragon Quest Jokers/Pokemon. There'd have to be some process that changes the symbols once the Dream Eaters are tamed. Symbols don't change on their own.

What if their relationship is like the relationship between the Emblem Heartless and the Pureblood Heartless, where the pointy Dream Eaters are aritificial and the round ones are not? Perhaps the Dream Eaters were not evil to begin with.
I felt weird using the word 'tamer' because of things like Pokemon but it felt the most appropriate to get my idea across.

I really like that concept of the companions being artificial. I think that's definitely something cool, however it's hard to imagine something called a "Dream Eater" ever not being evil. xD

EDIT:

Hmmm. This doesn't seem that far off. Like a sort of "Dream" as opposed to "Nightmare" sorta difference. The more rounded symbol may belong to the tamed, controlled, or "good dream" eaters while the rigid symbol apply to the wild, destructive, hostile, "nightmare" dream eaters. I'm just using those terms to better illustrate. Both are "dreams" but one is not bad while the other one is...well ya know...not as pleasant. I was going about the wrong way before, thinking that perhaps Riku and Sora each have their own symbol but now it makes sense to have the side of good have one symbol and the side of evil another. We've been facing enemies that were never any help to us but were always evil so having a brand of them that can be allied with either side is interesting.

You put into words exactly what I was thinking.

We don't know the nature of these symbols, Blank_Points. If this is a dream, it is probably something that is done to "tame" a Dream Eater to Sora and Riku's side and the symbol could change. There could be Dream Eaters that are just pure nightmares and can't be swayed or changed. Or anything...ugh...too many paths that can be taken...
I found it interesting that Riku's Dream Eater's were projecting their symbols above their heads, like they were captured or something. xD

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
What about the third new symbol? The one with the crown and key combined. Before we would always see the crown symbol that Sora wears around his neck, or the key symbol that's associated with attacks. But as far as I know, this is the first we're seeing of both combined into one.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
What about the third new symbol? The one with the crown and key combined. Before we would always see the crown symbol that Sora wears around his neck, or the key symbol that's associated with attacks. But as far as I know, this is the first we're seeing of both combined into one.

Yeah, that one is unclear. Just throwing it out there, but maybe that will be Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery symbol.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
It would make sense if that ended up being their symbol or something...or it could just be a new KH symbol thats just there for show? Doubt it but hey, enough symbols for one game am I right? :D

You put into words exactly what I was thinking.

I'm magic like that :3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It would make sense if that ended up being their symbol or something...or it could just be a new KH symbol thats just there for show? Doubt it but hey, enough symbols for one game am I right? :D
Maybe I should add that part to my OP...
Too many symbols for one game. xD

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Maybe I should add that part to my OP...
Too many symbols for one game. xD

Do whatever feels right o___o
We'll just have to see I suppose but I am quite happy with what I see so far...
Must...stay...true...to promise of...not spoiling...KH3D

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Good catch I figured it had something to do with different symbols differentiating between the party members and the enemies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The one thing I have to point out is that on the main poster we saw, the only partner Sora was showed with was Nyan-Nyan cat/dog/animal/fat/pig/man/bear thing and Riku's was the bat. When you see Sora's other partner, it is the panda-squirrel and Riku's is a unicorn. In Sora's demo though, you can fight the panda-squirrel, and although you may eventually face an enemy that looks like Nyan-Nyan I don't think so as Nyan-nyan is special considering it says in the demo he/she walks up to you an you can interact with him/her. I think that Sora and Riku will both have one vital partner that is extremely important to the story (Nyan and Kou respectively) and then the other partner can be tamed from certain enemies that you can defeat. It is similar to Pokemon in a sense, but far off at the time same. Almost like Nyan is Sora's starter Pokemon and Kou is Riku's, however, unlike Pokemon, maybe you can't get rid of Nyan or Kou and only the other partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back