• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Dawn of The New Key [Azrael] AU Fan-Fic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azrael

Yes, but I DO Have Identities! None of my first drafts have survived, unfortunately, but there is alot in there.

Plus, when more of my time loosens up I can do more.

Finally, there IS War of the Universe...

And once that's up, I'll read it and WoTU doesn't count. It was a collab.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
And I WILL start writing it... once Timefixer is done. (And it is almost done) I just can't do another story right now.

WotU does flesh out the relationship though. Considering how it takes place after Identities.

A

Azrael

_____

Chapter Four:
Hollow Fates on the Dark Roads

On one side was Benjamin, who lay rather peacefully on the cobblestone street, his land resting lazily upon his stomach. The silence that filled the abandoned street alley was soon broken as Benjamin made light grunts as he awoke, and he blinked his eyes open cautiously as if afraid he’d see that large black monster staring back at him. When only the pitch darkness greeted him, Benjamin closed his eyes again and sighed, a mixture of relief and regret in the release of air. He was happy he wasn’t experiencing that dream anymore and now the stoic environment being filled with silence, he could finally sleep.

Squawk. Squawk. Squawk.

The silence being broken, Benjamin's eyes opened, then he tilted his head up. The ravens... From the antiquated Hagia Sophia, hundreds of black birds descended in fell swoop and flew past the brunet.

Phew. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes, laying his head back down. Back there, I almost thought that I would never escape out of that place. thought the brunet, scratching the back part of his messy hair, further messed up by having it rest on the cobblestone street pavement. It was a strange dream. I couldn't understand it except I've been chosen to save the worlds but from what? Those monsters...those Heartless? The dream happened last night but once he remembered those creatures, the memory was still fresh and vivid. Ugh. Last thing I need is to remember those monsters swarming me and try to kill me.

The remnants of his dream coming back to him now that his mind left unoccupied.

It's time for an end to your repose for soon you shall bear it...by midnight

Sighing hopelessly, Benjamin rubbed the back of his head. "Just what I need." grumbled the brunet, the hint of sarcasm being apparent in his voice It's been almost a month since he's been having these dreams, but this one took the cake and made the others seem normal in comparison. Then again, he couldn't remember last night's dream. It wasn't broken like the others, switching scenes on him before he tried to recognize them and wondering how in the hell they were. And why hasn't any of those people been those familiar to him? Like his friends for once or dream about the places he's been in his past memories?

Benjamin shook his head. I dreamt them but why does it feel like I'm living out other people's lives... he thought, wondering the answer to the question. A minute passed and nothing came to mind. Nothing. No conclusion at all. Ugh. He just hated not knowing why these dreams keep happening. It was like those strange dreams were hiding in the back corners of his mind, only to come and haunt him whilst his mind was defenseless to outside forces i.e when he was sleeping. Seriously? Why does it feel that I'm someone else?

Everything in those dreams. They were unrecognizable to Benjamin. It was impossible that he knew these people because frankly, he just didn't. Especially those hooded people, they almost always popped in. He wondered where those guys came from. I dreamt that I was one of them, running down some dark city while it was pouring out. It just couldn't be himself. I don't know but someone else must have known these people or been to those places, right? He was positive that was the reason for the dreams but it didn't answer his next question. Why am I having these dreams if they are someone else's?

"What a lousy dream." said Benjamin as he stood up and stretched his arms. "I'm just glad it's over."

There were more important matters. I forgot! Damn it! Today was her birthday. At least when he bothers to remember their friend's birthday. The her in question was of course his good female friend and white mage Olette Gainsborough; he just remembered that today was October 14. Today or rather put it tonight was her sixteenth birthday and as she herself constantly reminded him, Hayner, and Pence that a girl's sixteenth birthday is an important step in her life. Which is a good thing because she won't attack me... He then interjected his own thoughts. But she can use Holy... That didn't put to account his other friends.

Gulp. Hayner was a red mage, good with basic swordsmanship and magic. On the other hand, Pence preferred studying dark magic, allowing him to utilize powerful abilities such as Firaga, Graviga and even the rarely known or mastered Meteor attack that he made sure to make his Limit Break. According to class, Benjamin was a freelancer and thus could carry around most weapons and wield basic magic abilities although stats would be low in comparison to his friends. Still whenever he had a chance to be it during private training sessions outside the barracks or show off in front of his superiors i.e. Jecht and the royal vizier Jafar, he always managed to kick their butts individually. Neither Hayner nor Pence could offer the same combat abilities to their employers as Benjamin Lancaster but of course there was always exceptions somewhere. He never bothered to fight them at the same time but he was sure that them combined with Olette would be more than enough to annihilate him off the map. That's if I don't bother showing up which I need to do right now...

"Dang. I just forgot something!" Now that was an understatement. A major understatement. This wasn't just something else but something important. Really important. So really important than upon fathoming its importance, Benjamin's eyes expanded in size and his mouth dropped open. These two involuntary actions occurred once he realized that second to actually showing up. The second most important thing that is so important to have in a girl's birthday, especially a sixteenth birthday that should said mystery element be absent from the festivities, it would mean horrible consequences for said forgetful person.

"I forgot to buy Olette a birthday present!" screamed the brunet. Oh dang! thought Benjamin, as he looked up and saw the moon shining his reflected radiance onto the shadows that consumed the alley. It was directly at the night sky's center, more or less, which entailed one thing. Oh dang it! I don't have much time until it's over and I need to be there with a present! He knew what the three's reaction will be to his forgetting her birthday and knowing what would happen, he had to buy a present. Immediately. "I'm sure that someone at Market Place still has their shop open. I can buy her something and make it to the Usual Spot before midnight." That being said, Benjamin ran off to the stores in search for a present.

As soon as he left, two figures approached the alleyway on the opposite direction.

"Where the hellis Benny? You told me he was right here!" said a voice, sounding a mix of confusion and worry.

"No need to curse, Hayner! I swore he was right here! Guess he left for somewhere else..." said another voice

On the left was Pence, a pudgy kid dressed in archaic blue robes that practically covered his whole obese body and a slightly bended yellow hat to cover the boy's head. It was difficult to see anything but he had raven black hair and dark brown eyes. His skin marvelously was tanned, either through exposure to the Turkish sun or to the darkness associated with the dark arcane arts that he practiced.

"Olette's going to be mad if he even thinks about missing her birthday! You know how many times she's asked for him? It got so annoying that I'm glad I'm out here." said Hayner,

"You forgot? It's obvious Olette likes him." responded Pence. "Hence the reason why she's asked for him."

On his right was Hayner, a skinny kid dressed sharply with a red and white cloak worn on his back, with red, black and white clothes trimmings worn underneath. His feet were protected by nicely fabricated boots. Covering the skinny kid's slicked back blond hair, chocolate eyes and that frown on his face was a red cap. Such a high quality hat was complemented by a single white feather.

"Oh whatever. Let's head back to the Usual Spot. I don't like her acting like this but it's best we be there."

Pence nodded his head in agreement. "True. Well let's hope Ben comes back in time."

The two boys then left, returning to their hideout.

Fin.
_____

Last edited:

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Ah, the classes appear.

I found the coarse language a little out of place for them, but the description is great.

And I take it Ollete is related to Aerith?

A

Azrael

Ah, the classes appear.

I found the coarse language a little out of place for them, but the description is great.

And I take it Ollete is related to Aerith?

When I first started, I always had in Au normal KH school fics to have Olette related to Aerith and Roxas to Cloud (with Sora as a little brother)

They are mercenaries you know. It's Hayner that curses (and he curses in the manga) Did you like the Final Fantasy class references though.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
Aw, that was really cute. Ben is very lazy and forgetful, isn't he? But that's okay, it makes him more loveable as a character. Also, I really liked the descriptions of Hayner's and Pence's clothes; it was kind of funny seeing them dressed like mages. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

A

Azrael

here's a question, has there ever been any birthdays in KH if not, it was a good idea for someone (weather it was you or somebody else) to put this in.
I have no idea if I'm right but, is this taking place in TT? I mean, it could easily be somewhere else but, I'm not sure.

Well no. This takes place in Constantinople since this fic is based on real worlds but the environment's more like a medieval Traverse Town.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
I doubt it but, does that mean there's no sun. Your basing this on real worlds I'm guessing that means from other games that or, your referring to the meaning as "Christopher Columbus" called, America "The New World" (I have a feeling that I'm wrong on both ends but, then again it's just a guess)

A

Azrael

I doubt it but, does that mean there's no sun. Your basing this on real worlds I'm guessing that means from other games that or, your referring to the meaning as "Christopher Columbus" called, America "The New World" (I have a feeling that I'm wrong on both ends but, then again it's just a guess)

It's based more on Traverse Town meaning it's always night. There are Disney worlds but since this is a different universe, some worlds will appear while others would be on their original locations.

Christopher Colombus does appear towards the end but can't tell you what he has to do with Benjamin.

A

Azrael

_____

Chapter Five:
Eternal Solitude of the Darkness In Zero

Closing his eyes, though the action could not be seen due to the hood that covered his face, Axel made his way towards the wall and stretched out his hand. His intentions were simple; to do follow Saix's advice and make sure to be on his good behavior. Ew. Axel grimaced. Quite honestly, the redhead wanted to get this show on the road and leave this place; DiZ was boring as boring could possibly be. Top it off, this castle's pretty dull.. He commented whilst the darkness swirling around his gloved hand created a portal.

At least I'm heading out to see the Turkish sights at night... and to apprehend some girl named Ino and bring her back to the castle in conclusion but of course, Axel loved to improvise. Hey! I rhymed! From what the pyro managed to remember from his conversation with Saix, all he had to do was head to Constantinople, find some scrawny, short black-haired girl with blue eyes dressed in royal-ish clothing hanging somewhere around the Ottoman capital. It sounded like an easy job. What's so difficult about finding a chick?

"Axel, I expect that your mission in capturing her won't end in failure." DiZ called after him as he stumbled towards the dark corridor that he formed on the wall. "I've spent an entire year searching for her, sending countless agents to apprehend her and bring her back to me." An understatement, he would admit of the effort that was put in to acquire the project and bring her by any means necessary to The Bastion. "Yet that girl for some reason eludes me every single time. I wonder at times how she succeeds in thwarting my attempts to bring her back home." What allows her to hide from my agents?

Pausing himself briefly, he thought about it. I can't fathom the exact cause of this but perhaps someone will know the reason why this is so.

Hm. Axel couldn't help it but feel somewhat suspicious of DiZ and his intentions concerning this girl that he was so hard-pressed to capture and to be brought back to him. From his years wasted serving lord Xemnas and Organization XIII, he had been suspicious of every character that his ex-best friend Saix introduced him to be average shmucks like Frollo who Axel suspected to be extremely sexually repressed to that clown Kefka who was a raging psychopath. To put it simply, every person the two nobodies sold their services to, it ended up biting them in their rear ends. Then again, Saix was the one who had that oh so bright idea to join the organization and in the end, our employer then tried to kill us, well almost did...

"Likes it matters, I've had enough of her eluding me." said DiZ as he observed what was proceeding on from Namine's orb and observed Ino running down an alleyway and hiding behind a haystack. and my efforts to gather those of pure hearts and summon the ultimate, most powerful Heart of All Worlds. "It appears that we've come to a standstill. I have waited long enough to continue waiting and now it's the time to have her return back to the stronghold forcibly." He paused again, breathing in and continued. "Axel, I think you know what needs to be done."

The redhead shook his head and sighed. "Steal the chick and come back. Already got it memorized." The portal was complete and he threw himself onto it, disappearing into the darkness.

Fin
_____

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t
So, is Ino a Princess of Heart? You said that Diz is looking for all the pure hearts, so I assume she is one of them. Man, I have a bad feeling about all of what Diz is trying to do. I mean, summoning the Heart of All Worlds will most likely lead to nothing but trouble, but that is what usually happens when someone goes power crazy. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to more.

A

Azrael

So, is Ino a Princess of Heart? You said that Diz is looking for all the pure hearts, so I assume she is one of them. Man, I have a bad feeling about all of what Diz is trying to do. I mean, summoning the Heart of All Worlds will most likely lead to nothing but trouble, but that is what usually happens when someone goes power crazy. Anyway, great job again, and I look forward to more.

Ha. But of course. Ino is the Princess of Heart. He wants those of pure hearts.

Now next will be Benjamin's turn to shine/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back