• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darn mosquitoes...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortissimo

Summer is just around the corner and I'm starting to smell grilling and bonfires in the air as well as getting covered in bug bites.

What are your outdoor summer activities? Do you have simple bonfire gatherings once a week to roast marshmallows and share stories? Camping trips? Maybe having a cook out and pool party? Fireworks on the beach? Perhaps hanging out at the park or going to the lake. Not vacation trips, but just general summer outdoor activities...for those of you that go outside.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I'm like candy to mosquitoes, I get tons of bites every year.

I'm not doing much, but I do plan on hitting the beach regularly this summer instead of a couple times.
And I really want to have a bonfire, I never had one before.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Well on the last day of school my friends and I have a pool party.
Then sunday we are doing paint ball.
I have to say though I am getting kill by mosquitoes.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
We don't have mosquitos over here. 8D Well, one summer some stupid bitch kept kicking a nest of flying ants so I was as red as a beetroot for about six weeks after that incident, but never since then. Get the occasional wasp buzzing around me, but I'm cool with that, as long as they're not temperamental unlikes bees who just go with the flow.

This summer it's my 18th birthday so I'll be out a lot. I have a lot of cinema dates planned and a theme park/zoo day somewhere. I love animals and rides. <3 Also, I'm going back home to Paris. Can't wait! 8D

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I don't have to deal with mosquitos so much as I do spiders. FFF-They get all over my room and hide in the corners and-FRACK. I'm getting like three bites daily. ;w; I'm surprised I'm not getting sick from it...

Anyway, for the summer, I mostly do things like visiting local nature parks, going down to the beach, spraying my sister with the hose. You know, the classical stuff. Fireworks have been outlawed in my state [dammit] so, no fun Fourth of July for me unless my Uncles decide to be daring and illegal like they were last year. That was actually pretty fun to be honest... Er, not that I condone illegal fireworks usage. Not at all. >w>;

Fortissimo

I'm like candy to mosquitoes, I get tons of bites every year.

I'm not doing much, but I do plan on hitting the beach regularly this summer instead of a couple times.
And I really want to have a bonfire, I never had one before.

I have a bonfire every saturday. It's a good time to unwind after the week and for all of my friends to get together in one place and just hang out. I need to remember to get an anti-mosquito candle for next time, I got chewed up pretty bad last time.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
If you guys don't like mosquitoes, I will gladly trade seasons with you.

I get your summer and your mosquitoes. You get my winter. Deal?!

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards

Ohes yes, I will gladly do that.

I hate summer all around. Way too hot. :|

So I don't exactly have any outdoor activities during the summer.

Nine-Tailed Fox

?˖✧ Army of One ✧˖?
Awards
Website
sailorstar-fox.livejournal.com
Eh, bike riding down to the local general store that's about ten miles away makes up a majority of my summer.

But sometimes my friends and I go down to the park, get ice cream and sit on this old bridge or play volley ball.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Hey guys. If you honestly hated mosquitoes, then you'd probably half-love to hear what I have to say.

Scientists in Japan gene-modified a mosquito so that when it bit someone, it's saliva transferred into the person's bloodstream a vaccine to malaria, or some other disease typically spread by mosquitoes. It might still take a bit of your blood, and you might get itchy, but hey, you just got vaccinate for free without even feeling the needle.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards

Naw, I fucking love summer, regardless of the mosquitoes. All the bugs is probably the only thing I don't like about summer anyway.
∞;5069644 said:
Hey guys. If you honestly hated mosquitoes, then you'd probably half-love to hear what I have to say.

Scientists in Japan gene-modified a mosquito so that when it bit someone, it's saliva transferred into the person's bloodstream a vaccine to malaria, or some other disease typically spread by mosquitoes. It might still take a bit of your blood, and you might get itchy, but hey, you just got vaccinate for free without even feeling the needle.
Since American mosquitoes aren't flying vaccines, I still don't like them. Damn you, Japan, for getting everything.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I might go to the beach,but the oil spill has greatly lowered the chance of that. If I do we`ll probaly just go somewhere different than usual. Also probaly going to go on picnics and stuff like that a lot. I usually go to camp but I decided against it this year.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I might go to the beach,but the oil spill has greatly lowered the chance of that. If I do we`ll probaly just go somewhere different than usual. Also probaly going to go on picnics and stuff like that a lot. I usually go to camp but I decided against it this year.
Lakes are key here. :D

Especially the ones up in the midwest.

If they get effected at all this summer, it will be at a minumun. :p

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards

No thanks. I hate mosquitoes but I love summer. Mosquitoes are just one of the few negativities of summer. I`m a person who loves warm summer weather.

Fortissimo

Mosquitoes are going to be a pain in the ass once our summer marching band practices start :(

Buh, don't remind me. They only become a problem when it's humid and we have night practices. Bees are the real problem >:[
Speaking of marching band. That will consume a large amount of my summer outdoor activity schedule.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
I wish we had night practices ;_;

Our practices usually start in the morning, and the mosquitoes enjoy spending time on the field we practice on. We usually have to bring our own cans of repellent because the number of cans the directors provide aren't nearly enough for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back