• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► D23 Expo Japan: Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater Coverage!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Yeah, I liked the positivity more. If we are going to be negative, it should only be about criticizing Kairi's yaoi hands and Riku's crotch.

"It's that old coot--he won't stop asking for you. I came all the way out here to get you just so he'd hype up."
It's more like Riku's pants got less baggy.

"Can't be too happy about him hyping up your master."

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Are any of you guys little worried about 0.2 (especially it) and III? The pictures we have gotten looks kinda... well unfinished. But maybe that is because after the switching of engine they basically have worked only for a year to KHIII, and not for long with 0.2 either. It will be rally interesting too see how the game will look when more time has passed. If we look at Sora`s face in the new pic, and compare it to the E3 trailer, it looks noticeably better.

Awards
Are any of you guys little worried about 0.2 (especially it) and III? The pictures we have gotten looks kinda... well unfinished. But maybe that is because after the switching of engine they basically have worked only for a year to KHIII, and not for long with 0.2 either. It will be rally interesting too see how the game will look when more time has passed. If we look at Sora`s face in the new pic, and compare it to the E3 trailer, it looks noticeably better.
I don't exactly judge things by screenshots.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Are you just reading their tweets and translating yourself, or did you find someone else who is translating the tweets? I can understand things here and there, but I don't get most of what they are saying about it haha.

It's tomyofrog translating from ai of and others.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The collection is at least close to a year out. They have plenty of time to iron out everything.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I don't exactly judge things by screenshots.

Yeah, maybe I am just being paranoid.

The collection is at least close to a year out. They have plenty of time to iron out everything.

Hmm, didn`t Nomura also say somewhere that Osaka has basically learned to make games in short time period or something along those lines?

Soriosh

Seeing as how 2.8 is just an HD collection + anywhere between 2-6 hours of new gametime/cutscenes, I was hoping for slightly earlier release...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Seeing as how 2.8 is just an HD collection + anywhere between 2-6 hours of new gametime/cutscenes, I was hoping for slightly earlier release...

It certainly won't take as long to make like a full game but they are pretty much restructuring KH3D and treating it like a remake for how much work has to be done with it, and 0.2 may be short but it is still a lot of work to do. And then Back Cover is like making a movie.

That's a lot of work to do to fit in their 2016 release frame.

Oathkeyper97

"I'm just glad he didn't steal my hype like princess whatever-it-was. That would have ruined the trailer for sure."

Awards
It certainly won't take as long to make like a full game but they are pretty much restructuring KH3D and treating it like a remake for how much work has to be done with it, and 0.2 may be short but it is still a lot of work to do. And then Back Cover is like making a movie.

That's a lot of work to do to fit in their 2016 release frame.
I heard that there was gameplay of 0.2 in the 2.8 D23 trailer. Is that true?

DoctahFaz

Awards
Wow, what a thread! If the "behind the scenes" footage is supposed to be exclusive to the attendees, you would think it's implied then that the trailer is not exclusive and will, therefore, be released publicly at some point.

That seems intuitive enough.

Soriosh

notnow123487

Awards

2.8 is one hd remake, a movie, and a whole new game in kingdom hearts 3s engine. The time it takes to make a game is not even remotely linear to the amount of time it takes to play through the game. The bulk of creating a game is building the gameplay engine and ai, and creating animations and assets. Levels and cutscenes certainly take time to add on to the game and make it thorough. But gameplay, ai, and assets are needed whether the game is 2 hours or 20 hours so it's still building a while game and saying its only a two hour game really means nothing. 0.2 would never be made if it wasn't being built alongside KH3 because it's using that games assets so yea basically in a nutshell it's a huge undertaking. We don't really know when they decided to create 0.2 into the development process and when they started working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back