• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Vanitas be residing in Sora?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I don't feel like I should have to point out that by the end of KH3D every vessel, aside from the 13th, is present. Are we now suggesting that Xehanort crafted a body for Vanitas off-screen between his hazy appearance and the scene in TWTNW?

LightAndOblivion

I think replicas are pretty much out of the question as of now. Remember that the only replicas that we know of were both created by Vexen's replica program, which pretty much went of the rails when the icy creep died, and the only long-lasting result, Xion, turned out to be an unstable being with frequent fainting spells and volatile memory-based issues.

Put a heart fragment in one of those, and who knows what could happen? I don't think Xehanort has the time or interest to test that out. Too risky to just do it and hope for the best.

IIRC Vexen and Xemnas had some empty replica shells stashed somewhere. Hell another reason why Vexen was sent to Castle Oblivion so he could do more research on said Replica Program and there using an empty vessel, he created Repliku.

The remaining replica shells were never to have said to have been destroyed or anything. Xemnas has knowledge of it which if his memories went back to the old geezer, he should know about it too. With Vanitas, you already have someone loyal to Xehanort's cause so none of that unstable stuff with personalities like what we got with Repliku and Xion should apply to Vanitas. Just plop his heart along with the Nort seed he carries into some empty replica vessel and voila, Vanitas has a body to use.

If the replica body somehow makes Vanitas weaker in the showdown with the 7 vs 13, oh well. Xehanort doesn't care if they live or die. He just needs them to clash and have the X-blade forged. He could give Vani a half assed body and it wouldn't stop his endgame plans in the least

I don't feel like I should have to point out that by the end of KH3D every vessel, aside from the 13th, is present. Are we now suggesting that Xehanort crafted a body for Vanitas off-screen between his hazy appearance and the scene in TWTNW?

So we're assuming we've seen every one of the hooded figures identities because barring Saix, it's not like they moved or did anything

Vani could easily just be what the Robed Figure was.

Plus you act like we know the exact time frame from the near beginning of the game with us seeing him at La Cite Des Cloches to the end of the game when they all met up. Anything could have happened lol

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
So we're assuming we've seen every one of the hooded figures identities because barring Saix, it's not like they moved or did anything
Not sure what this is trying to say? Regardless of whether or not they "did anything" it's a fact that they were all assembled at that point in time.

Vani could easily just be what the Robed Figure was.
Then he wouldn't be a vessel and he wouldn't be there? Robed Figure was just a heart at the time, after all.

redcrown

Awards

Well over half of them still had their face covered in the end scene, so they could still be anybody related to Xehanort.

LightAndOblivion

Not sure what this is trying to say? Regardless of whether or not they "did anything" it's a fact that they were all assembled at that point in time.

Then he wouldn't be a vessel and he wouldn't be there? Robed Figure was just a heart at the time, after all.

Um yes he would be there? His Nortified heart suddenly doesn't count as his presence being there? Xehanort was being welcomed back by his vessels. Those who have a piece of his heart. Vanitas counts even if he has no body atm. He'd just be the one who'd be getting a body/vessel before the battle begins if they didn't already get him one after DDD ended. So in the long run, he would count either way.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Well over half of them still had their face covered in the end scene, so they could still be anybody related to Xehanort.
???
Again, I don't know why people bring this up lol. Not really related to what I was saying.

Um yes he would be there? His Nortified heart suddenly doesn't count as his presence being there? Xehanort was being welcomed back by his vessels. Those who have a piece of his heart. Vanitas counts even if he has no body atm. He'd just be the one who'd be getting a body/vessel before the battle begins if they didn't already get him one after DDD ended. So in the long run, he would count either way.
Xehanort's plan had his vessels being completed at that moment. Meaning no one is running out for extra bodies for disembodied hearts after that scene. (After all, why not just shove his heart into thirteen empty replicas if it was that simple?) Had he succeeded in planting his heart in Sora, he would've had his side completed.

Anything could have happened lol
And thus the pointlessness of this debate rears its head with startling clarity.

I'm tapping out. Have fun guys~

LightAndOblivion

???
Again, I don't know why people bring this up lol. Not really related to what I was saying.

And the pointlessness of this debate rears its head with startling clarity.

I'm tapping out. Have fun guys~

Because you made it seem like the old geezer could just use time travel to have everyone he wanted in the group

Because Nomura totally didn't say that not all of them were time travelers besides YX and we already have MX, Braig, Isa, possibly Terra and Vanitas, and maybe the ex members of the old group. That's about 9 people from the present

Gee I wonder why there's so little time travellers in the Norteen lol

But this was a funny debate. I'm bailing out too so have at it guys.
Xehanort's plan had his vessels being completed at that moment. Meaning no one is running out for extra bodies for disembodied hearts after that scene. (After all, why not just shove his heart into thirteen empty replicas if it was that simple?)

We really don't even know who half of the other members are to know for sure. Plus he only said he needed his twelve selves there. Could be in any form. It's still not impossible for them to simply go fetch Vani a body like after the meeting cuz ya know he actually still has a heart and presence of his own unlike Ansem and Xemnas who may be winging it with time travel. And the others could just be ex members of the old group and if they got recompleted then obviously they wouldn't need to be given new bodies or anything. It would only be Vani. Giving like one person a replica body with said person already having the Nort heart isn't as complicated as giving like thirteen people replica bodies with fragments of the old man's heart.

............right?

But this was a funny debate. So I'll just bow out as well. Have at it guys.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
The way I see it Vanitas is kinda like Terra in that we dont exactly know. Me and Seph pointed it out it's unlikely but not impossible.

— Why did Xehanort and co. word things as if to try and wake Ventus who is inside Sora?

Nomura: They did so in order to tempt Sora’s heart and have it fall to the darkness. In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart. When you see Vanitas (the dark half of Ventus who appeared in KHBBS) overlay Young Xehanort for a moment, that represents Ventus’ heart reacting inside Sora.

— What about Vanitas?

Nomura: Vanitas is different than Xemnas and Ansem; he doesn’t necessarily have a physical form. He reacted to Ventus within Sora, so that’s how he was visible.
KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

The quotes give me the impression there may be alternate ideas in store for Vanitas or that there is some reason he couldn't be pulled from a point in the past he had his body. The quotes definitely make it sound like he's there in the disembodied sense but it's a matter of why really.

Xehanort may have other ideas for him, perhaps Vanitas himself began to wake similar to how Ventus did as he healed (like him smiling or giving Sora his armor) in DDD, or maybe it was in the realm of sleep Vanitas found himself after his body was destroyed and his fusion with Ventus shattered. Ventus, as Seph points out often, was stout on rejecting Vanitas so he may have fell into sleep and Xehanort was simply retrieving him to revive him off screen.

There's honestly a lot of ways you can take this but it is apparent Vanitas is there, in the present, disembodied for whatever reason. I think it should be noted that it seemed more of a nod to us fans at that since Sora doesn't really make any movements or words to make us believe he even saw Vanitas in that moment.

It's best to remember Nomura makes the distinction to say that Vanitas is different from Ansem & Xemnas. He points that out specifically that he's different from them in the physical standpoint. This could be due to Vanitas likely not being from the past.
While Ansem & Xemnas are gone in the present Vanitas isn't so if Xehanort could bring him back by waking him as it's implied to be capable of doing in this universe then why not do this instead of bringing him from the past? It was made clear the time travel seems to have an odd limit on it when Xigbar tells old Nort they're "out of time".

Basically put Vanitas could be in Sora however unlikely to me OR it's possible Vanitas got a revival similar to whatever Roxas, Xion and Namine may get. As Ruran mentions often as well bodies dont seem that complex and you even have Namine who formed from literal nothing.

For all we know pulling Vanitas heart out of sleep could simply make him reform his body like he did when he was created the first time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back