• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Kairi have a different name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
That would be directed to you mi amigo.

Why pretend a concept is right, when it's wrong?

Well, seeing how we both have different views on what matters here (Nomura and his half-@$$dness as opposed to what's actually in the games), I think the discussion is pointless XD;

I'll conclude by saying that Nomura brought up many, many concepts but many of those changed over time as well (my favorite example - KH1's Ansem being the Ansem, yet Ansem the Wise came as a plot bunny at a later date).
Who's to say Namine isn't just another one of those, especially seeing how she still has so much untapped potential? And unlike other characters, like say Kairi thus far, Namine actually gets enough attention to try and utilize that potential.
Seeing how she's not completely gone, there's hope for her yet.

No, it's one of those things that DID change. I'm just saying that's why Namine has a different name than Kairi, despite the fact that she's Kairi's nobody. [Which was retconned]

Do you understand now?

Keyblade user

Website
www.fictionpress.com
Last tiime I checked you aren't Nomura so you can't say it isn't true just because you don't believe it. I'm not saying it's true, merely an observation I had. All theories have an equal chance of being true.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No, it's one of those things that DID change. I'm just saying that's why Namine has a different name than Kairi, despite the fact that she's Kairi's nobody. [Which was retconned]

Do you understand now?

Yes. I understood that before.
That doesn't mean the idea can't change even further, is what I'm saying, and that a real reason will be revealed behind her name being unlike all the other Nobodies we know.

It just might come down to her originally being a concept disconnected from Kairi (...which makes Namine all the more support Kairi's existence because otherwise Kairi has even less plot relevance... at least now she "created" Namine...). I don't deny this.
However, seeing as how the series is still running and both Namine and Roxas are liable to receive attention in upcoming games, Namine might just be Namine and not, for instance, Axirik - for a legitimate, plot-relevant reason.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Last tiime I checked you aren't Nomura so you can't say it isn't true just because you don't believe it. I'm not saying it's true, merely an observation I had. All theories have an equal chance of being true.

Why are you getting upset? The whole Namine thing is confirmed. I don't have to be Nomura to say it's not true.

Besides, Kairi's name IS Kairi. It's been that way since she's been on Radient Gardens. That's confirmed in KH2.

So, accept I'm right. Don't take it so hard. I've been here a while, so I have to know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, I'd be Yannis. XD.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Why not? Until KH2 came out everyone knew that the name of the final boss of KH was Ansem. Now it's Xehanort.

And that he was a Heartless and not the real thing.
I support this claim.
Also, keep in mind we don't really know what happened on Radiant Garden. Kairi's name is not written in the report describing Xehanort throwing her off of her world; the Memory of her grandmother's just might be Sora filling in the gap of Kairi's name with what he knows as opposed to what Kairi remembered - seeing how she wasn't even supposed to remember anything of her past.
Now, for strict plot issues - As for AtW saying Kairi came from his world... I highly doubt it. He wasn't even there at the time to know who was where and mostly went by the assumption that "Kairi = current name of girl thrown off world - thus - Kairi = name of girl on world."
Aside from that, he just said that Kairi is that girl. He never said that was her name back then.

Keyblade user

Website
www.fictionpress.com
Why are you getting upset? The whole Namine thing is confirmed. I don't have to be Nomura to say it's not true.

Besides, Kairi's name IS Kairi. It's been that way since she's been on Radient Gardens. That's confirmed in KH2.

So, accept I'm right. Don't take it so hard. I've been here a while, so I have to know what I'm talking about. Otherwise, I'd be Yannis. XD.

I'm not the one who seems to be getting upset dude. So far not only did we have the main antagonist end up with a different name but an entire world. Why can't Kairi possibly have a different name? You give me one good legit reason other than 'you say so' it's impossible she could have a different name?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm not the one who seems to be getting upset dude. So far not only did we have the main antagonist end up with a different name but an entire world. Why can't Kairi possibly have a different name? You give me one good legit reason other than 'you say so' it's impossible she could have a different name?

Heck, with Ven thrown in, Sora on his lonesome has about three ways in which he can be called! :D Who's to say Kairi doesn't have a measly two? XD
Also, we're forgetting another nice concept - name sharing.
We've got half the KH population going by variations of 'Ansem', and we just had another Xehanort pop up.
Where're the other Kairis I say?! XD

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

Secret Ansem Report IX said:
Namine is a girl, but was a princess.
A long time ago, when I governed the "Radiant Garden", one of the denizens was
"Kairi", one of the seven princesses who support the world of light.
There was no Heartless born from Kairi, who carries no darkness in her heart,
and her body which should have disappeared remained in the world of light.

Meaning her name was Kairi all along. Even before Namine came into exitence. Before she even arrived on DI. If you were implying that I'm the one getting upset, I'm not. I'm laughing.

Heck, with Ven thrown in, Sora on his lonesome has about three ways in which he can be called!

Nooo, Sora isn't Ven. They're two separate people. Sora=/=Ven.
Sora COULD be called Roxas, but that's incorrect as Roxas is Sora, not the other way around.

:D Who's to say Kairi doesn't have a measly two? XD

Because Nomura had 3 games to establish characters. Which he did. If he were going to change a name of a protagonist, he'd have done in in KH1, where the characters were being learned. Kairi no other names. Kairi is her name. Accept it.

Also, we're forgetting another nice concept - name sharing.
We've got half the KH population going by variations of 'Ansem', and we just had another Xehanort pop up.

There is only Ansem the Wise and Ansem the Seeker of Darkness. Then there is Xemnas, who isn't important. lol @ girly man.

Where're the other Kairis I say?! XD

Xehanort has only 4 existences:

MX
Xehanort [Human]
Ansem-Seeker of Darkness [Heartless]
Xemnas [Nobody]

Kairi has two:
Kairi
Namine [Nobody]

Keyblade user

Website
www.fictionpress.com
Oh wait, nevermind he's back, and he brought a whole lotta quote boxes with him. BTW even if that report has the name Kairi in it doesn't really give 100% proof. Just because Ansem knew her as Kairi doesn't guarentee much.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Oh wait, nevermind he's back, and he brought a whole lotta quote boxes with him. BTW even if that report has the name Kairi in it doesn't really give 100% proof. Just because Ansem knew her as Kairi doesn't guarentee much.

So you're saying that from birth to age 4 she's had a different name? You're basing this on what? Nothing you say has the remotest merit. And you're saying that it proves nothing because it's your theory, when it actually does. To anyone in the know, Kairi always has been and is her name. That's not likely to change.

Keyblade user

Website
www.fictionpress.com
dang dude, you're really going out of your way to try and prove my idea wrong. I think you may have a few issues. Anyways we don't know what Kairi's past is like. We do know she was around when the heartless took over Radiant Garden, or Hollow Bastion (2 different names for no apparant reason lol) My belief for it is that from what we've seen, all nobodies who retain their body have a name that's an anagram of those who they came from. There is really no telling since Kairi's past before Destiny Islands isn't very specifically recounted. There's no hard proof either way, she might have been adopted when she was a baby or something.

At any rate, do you really have nothing better to do than put down a simple idea I had?

S

SoraLovesKairi

SIZE="1"]ok so what i think is that since Namine was taken and used for messing with people memories and the Org used her to mess with Sora's and put her into Sora's memories instead of Kairi but from that point on Namine was i'm guessing put into Kairi and at the end of CoM he remembered Kairi and he remembered Namine and she said she will always be around or something like that idk i'm just a random poster xD[/SIZE]​

Keyblade user

Website
www.fictionpress.com
SIZE="1"]ok so what i think is that since Namine was taken and used for messing with people memories and the Org used her to mess with Sora's and put her into Sora's memories instead of Kairi but from that point on Namine was i'm guessing put into Kairi and at the end of CoM he remembered Kairi and he remembered Namine and she said she will always be around or something like that idk i'm just a random poster xD[/SIZE]​

It's all good. Namine is a mystery hidden in an enigma.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
dang dude, you're really going out of your way to try and prove my idea wrong.

It's my job. I have to correct others so there won't be any confusion. Don't think I'm here to piss you off or whatever. I'm only here to help.

I think you may have a few issues.

I have mpd. Thanks a lot.

Anyways we don't know what Kairi's past is like. We do know she was around when the heartless took over Radiant Garden, or Hollow Bastion (2 different names for no apparant reason lol)

It's not for "no apparent reason."

Once Maleficent invaded, she changed the name. She wanted something darker.

My belief for it is that from what we've seen, all nobodies who retain their body have a name that's an anagram of those who they came from.

And THAT'S where you're failing to realize. When the character Namine was created, she had no connections to Kairi. She was just a new character with no background. Then CoM rolled around and something made no sense, something had to be retconned. Just because their names are different doesn't mean that Kairi once had a different name. You're assuming too much from such an insignificant piece of info with far too little info backing it up.

There is really no telling since Kairi's past before Destiny Islands isn't very specifically recounted. There's no hard proof either way, she might have been adopted when she was a baby or something.

She came to Destiny Islands when she was 4. She'd know hwe own name. Besides, in the novels, Kairi introduced herself as Kairi when she washed ashore of DI. And yes, the novels are canon.

At any rate, do you really have nothing better to do than put down a simple idea I had?

Why do you assume I try to put you down. I don't mean to upset you or flame you. My intent is to correct you, though it seems you've taken the liberty of insulting me more than once. :sleep:

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
That quote actually did. You're just not wanting to admit it now. Her name's always been Kairi as she introduces herself in the novels as Kairi. Ansem says that Kairi is the name of the girl that used to live on the planet he ruled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back