• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Kairi have a different name?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Why? He was waay better thab Sora back then. Now he takes it from Axel, who has changed as well

A

Audo

Why? He was waay better thab Sora back then. Now he takes it from Axel, who has changed as well
Meh. I didn't care about Sora then either.
The reason I hate Roxas is a long story that, I'll admit, doesn't have a whole lot of substance in it. *sigh* I probably shouldn't get into it, otherwise I'd find myself trying to explain my hatred for Final Fantasy as well.
=]
I like it when we're not "yelling". :O

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I always felt kind of sorry for people who disliked Sora.
I mean, yes I hated what they did with him in KH2 (Hakuna Matata wtf?! @_@;;; ) but at least I liked him. And seeing how he's the person you play all the time, well... meh :\ Guess I'm lucky he's my favorite character, huh XD

A

Audo

I always felt kind of sorry for people who disliked Sora.
I mean, yes I hated what they did with him in KH2 (Hakuna Matata wtf?! @_@;;; ) but at least I liked him. And seeing how he's the person you play all the time, well... meh :\ Guess I'm lucky he's my favorite character, huh XD
I didn't say I hated him, I just said I didn't care for him, at the time.
But i need to go to bed because my eyes are bleeding now =]

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
But what would it mean? It wouldn't make any difference if she had a different name. What big secret would it reveal about her? We already know that she's a Princess of Heart, and that Xehanort sent her to Destiny Islands to find the Keyblade Wielder. Her past was revealed in the first game, what else do we need to know about her?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But what would it mean? It wouldn't make any difference if she had a different name. What big secret would it reveal about her? We already know that she's a Princess of Heart, and that Xehanort sent her to Destiny Islands to find the Keyblade Wielder. Her past was revealed in the first game, what else do we need to know about her?

I don't know. After all, I'm not Nomura.
I can just pray that something will make her into even a slightly better character than she is.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
This is Kingdom Hearts it aint going to get any better. It's all down hill from now on.

As far as the current girls are concerned, I agree. It's kind of weird that so far I only spotted so many issues with the girls.
The boys seem better... or at least - we know they're still being developed (Jee, iono, I'm sure there's no more plot for Sora, Ven's totally unrelated, isn't he?).
I just pray for Aqua to be more like Larxene as far as kick-assness goes. I don't care, don't give her a character... just make her a good ass-kicker ;; is that so much to ask for nowadays in a girl?

And later people seriously wonder why there's that much of a flock to the yaoi side of the fandom XD;
It's easier on the mental health. From experience.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Unfortunately for you Aqua isn't confirmed to be playable.

Neither was Larxene XD; While playing with her is bound to be awesome for me, I could care less about that in the long run.
I just want a girl who'd... forget even doing anything, I'd settle at this point for her looking cool (rather than what we had with Kairi when Riku gave her the flower Keyblade).
She wasn't playable in the KH2:FM+ secret ending but that still ranked her pretty damn high on my favorite list amongst the girls.

A

Audo

Didn't say it would, but it will be a better plot than those stated above, seeing the twists given so far to base name changes
There isn't any plot to it at all.

"Oh Kairi has a different name for on reason or another"
"Sweet.... can we get back to the real story?"
"...okay."

Yeah, no. It wouldn't add anything, or change anything. Nomura has basically stated that her life before arriving on DI was pointless. Nothing special about her except that she had a nice heart. Weet.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

"...okay."

Yeah, no. It wouldn't add anything, or change anything. Nomura has basically stated that her life before arriving on DI was pointless. Nothing special about her except that she had a nice heart. Weet.

*sigh* and Ansem from KH1 originally was the Ansem and Nomura later on decided out of the blue to change that.
Just stating a what if. You can't tell with that guy.

A

Audo

*sigh* and Ansem from KH1 originally was the Ansem and Nomura later on decided out of the blue to change that.
Just stating a what if. You can't tell with that guy.
Yeah except that actually had plot merit. Kairi having a different name doesn't really. And I know you're saying a what if, but it's both a big what if and pointless one seeing as how it could add little to nothing to the story.
Let's just hope Kairi becomes a keyblade weilder so she isn't as useless.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah except that actually had plot merit. Kairi having a different name doesn't really. And I know you're saying a what if, but it's both a big what if and pointless one seeing as how it could add little to nothing to the story.
Let's just hope Kairi becomes a keyblade weilder so she isn't as useless.

Well, Namine being her Nobody also had very little plot merit but they still shoved that one in XD;
Oh wait, it did have merit... it was an excuse to keep Kairi around beyond the first game >_> ugh.

Kairi getting a Keyblade would only be acceptable to me if she began in a logical, normal way and sucked.
.............ok lemme rephrase that.
No more "zomg I'm the Ultimate Keyblade Wielder from hell with the flowerly Keyblade of doom!"
Even Sora didn't start out as "amazing". It took him quite a bit of the first game to pack up his Magic, is constantly being trained by the people around him (manga showed it more how Leon helped him out more than once), and it wasn't until the second game where people truly began appreciating his skills (Mulan praising him as being a sword-master on equal grounds as... that bad guy from the Mulan movie I never could quite remember).

Riku was better by definition but even he had help from the Darkness so it doesn't really count - and Sora beat him at the end, so you can't say Sora didn't really go anywhere - he truly did become stronger, enough to beat Riku.
Then Riku had to fight for himself for that year which is why he managed to hold his own against Saix and help Sora during the final fights in KH2.

Unless they'll turn her into a healer (which they won't cuz they're idiots), I wanna see her starting from the very bottom, especially since she didn't even have the play-fights Selphie for instance had.
Either Tiffa or Aerith would be ideal role-models (since they both display incredible strength in a non-Keyblade way), but I doubt they'll pull it off right.
She'll probably just swing blindly, hit a few Heartless and Sora, and then wag her tail in expectation until Sora'll feel inclined to pat her head and say 'good job' (while casting Cure on himself behind his back)

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards

"...okay."

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Well, Namine being her Nobody also had very little plot merit but they still shoved that one in XD;

Yes it did. Because Namine was Kairi's Nobody produced when her heart was released from Sora's body, Namine had power over Sora's memories. If she didn't have that power, the story of Chain of Memories could never have happened.

Kairi having a different name would do absolutely nothing to further the plot, unless she turned out to be some imposter all along. I doubt that very much, or her pure heart wouldn't have been able to open the door in Hollow Bastion, along with the other princesses'.

Kairi getting a Keyblade would only be acceptable to me if she began in a logical, normal way and sucked.

I agree with this.

Either Tiffa or Aerith would be ideal role-models (since they both display incredible strength in a non-Keyblade way), but I doubt they'll pull it off right.

Yeah, I'd like to see Tifa and Aerith assisting Kairi, though it'd be more likely if Aerith and Yuffie did that, since Tifa's only purpose in the games was to find Cloud. She wasn't really involved in the main storyline that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back