• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cost

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fata1Thumbs

First off I want to say that I am a casual gamer and I don’t quite understand this game very well yet.

I got a little too excited and started 6* my medals today.

Yay! Right?
Wrong.

I didn't know what cost was, or paid it any mind until now. These were my first 6* medals. I was overjoyed. I did two. BC Riku and Wakka. Now it's telling me my cost is too high to use them both.

Cool. I understand that. However, now due to what I think is a bug. I can't evolve, or level any other medal. Not even a 1*. Everything tellse 'Exceeds Equipment Cost'.

Any idea where I went wrong and how I may fix it?

I really need an in depth guide to this game. Lol

Muke

whatever
Awards
Honestly just use the Avatar Boards and get the Cost orbs. This happened to me in the JAP. vers, too

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
First off I want to say that I am a casual gamer and I don’t quite understand this game very well yet.

I got a little too excited and started 6* my medals today.

Yay! Right?
Wrong.

I didn't know what cost was, or paid it any mind until now. These were my first 6* medals. I was overjoyed. I did two. BC Riku and Wakka. Now it's telling me my cost is too high to use them both.

Cool. I understand that. However, now due to what I think is a bug. I can't evolve, or level any other medal. Not even a 1*. Everything tellse 'Exceeds Equipment Cost'.

Any idea where I went wrong and how I may fix it?

I really need an in depth guide to this game. Lol
The problem is that you didn't remove the medals from your Keyblade (check all of them). The game won't let you leave any of the menus until you make sure none of your Keyblade loadouts exceed cost.

Raybrand

I almost fell for this, start of the week I farmed red exp and evolution medals, then blue the next day, then green, got several ranked up to lv 5 then thought on saturday I'll get the final evolution medal when on closer inspection I saw "+30 to cost increase!", totally threw me off. Bought every cost orb available to me on the avatar board (up to lv 105 and excluding the boards bought with jewels) and I can only still fit 1, almost 2.

EDIT: Is this the appeal of the Olympia keyblade? Since it has a max of 4 slots you only spend 4 slots worth or medals thus you would be able to fit multiple lv 6 medals with ease?

Last edited:

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I almost fell for this, start of the week I farmed red exp and evolution medals, then blue the next day, then green, got several ranked up to lv 5 then thought on saturday I'll get the final evolution medal when on closer inspection I saw "+30 to cost increase!", totally threw me off. Bought every cost orb available to me on the avatar board (up to lv 105 and excluding the boards bought with jewels) and I can only still fit 1, almost 2.

EDIT: Is this the appeal of the Olympia keyblade? Since it has a max of 4 slots you only spend 4 slots worth or medals thus you would be able to fit multiple lv 6 medals with ease?
No, you will have to lower a 6* medal's cost to -10 with Cid medals (and buy the jewel avatar boards for the extra cost nodes) if you want to equip more than one. The materials needed to upgrade Olympia just aren't available right now, it is no different from the other keyblades with deck cost.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I understand that 6* medals are going to cost more, but they shouldn't make such a big jump from a 5*. 5*s should be in the 30s, 4*s should be in the 20s and there should be more ways to increase Keyblade cost.

FFxStrife

I actually made a post on reddit about this yesterday, let me quote it:

"As you all know, every medal has a cost and a single 6 star costs 46 points. To have a full set of 6 stars in a Keyblade, you need 230 cost or 180 cost with 50 Cid medals (These medals reduce the cost of a 6 star by 1 and can go up to 10).

After getting LV200, unlocking all free costumes, getting all the cost nodes from them + two hair accesories (500 jewels each) that had 3 cost points each, I found myself with 158 total.

If you look at all the other jewel costumes, you will notice that adding all of their costs to what I already have totals 180 points: Hatter(3), Alice(3), Sora(4), Sora(4), Riku(4), Riku(4) = 22.

That makes 180, which is enough for all the medals IF you have 50 Cids.
If you're planning on having a full set of 6 stars before new content is added, you need to save a total of 9000 jewels for costs.

TL;DR: You need all cost nodes available in the game right now + 50 Cid medals to equip a full 6 star set."

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Looks like we all got a rude awakening today lol, I also totally missed the cost increase until I started to do it... so yeah I guess I will just have to have 1 right now :/ I could have 4 already its kind of super annoying...

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I actually made a post on reddit about this yesterday, let me quote it:

"As you all know, every medal has a cost and a single 6 star costs 46 points. To have a full set of 6 stars in a Keyblade, you need 230 cost or 180 cost with 50 Cid medals (These medals reduce the cost of a 6 star by 1 and can go up to 10).

After getting LV200, unlocking all free costumes, getting all the cost nodes from them + two hair accesories (500 jewels each) that had 3 cost points each, I found myself with 158 total.

If you look at all the other jewel costumes, you will notice that adding all of their costs to what I already have totals 180 points: Hatter(3), Alice(3), Sora(4), Sora(4), Riku(4), Riku(4) = 22.

That makes 180, which is enough for all the medals IF you have 50 Cids.
If you're planning on having a full set of 6 stars before new content is added, you need to save a total of 9000 jewels for costs.

TL;DR: You need all cost nodes available in the game right now + 50 Cid medals to equip a full 6 star set."
You'll stop receiving Cost up nodes in the avatar boards at some point after LV200, at LV270 my JPN avatar has a max deck cost of 183--you will still need a number of Cids to equip a full 6* deck.

FFxStrife

You'll stop receiving Cost up nodes in the avatar boards at some point after LV200, at LV270 my JPN avatar has a max deck cost of 183--you will still need a number of Cids to equip a full 6* deck.

Oh wow, I had hope we would still get a lot more cost nodes in the future. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back