• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confused about the new nobody information

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I need a more detailed explanation on how nobodies having hearts works. Did all of the old organization members have hearts all along or did they just have the potential to grow them back and something was preventing that from happening? If a nobody grows a new heart is that somebody a completely new being or the same being from before losing his or her heart? I could use some help understanding this.

billyzanesucks

They had the potential to gain a heart. A heart is built on memories and bonds. If a Nobody has memories of its previous life, it will form a heart from those memories and amount to the same person they were before, more or less. In Roxas's and Namine's cases, their hearts were formed from only the memories and bonds experienced in their new lives, making them extremely different from Sora and Kairi.

State

Awards
From what I could get from Xemnas' speech, he establishes that the body tries to replace the heart. Meaning that, subconsciously, your body is looking for a heart.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
This was even hinted at during KH2FM and Days, mainly with Axel. After you defeat Roxas in KH2FM, there's a scene with Roxas and Axel, in which Axel tears up. This is directly referenced to with Sora's line, "You have to have a heart to cry!" In addition, when Lea became human again, his original heart integrated his Nobody one, allowing him access to him memories as Axel.

What this shows is that if a Nobody grows a new heart and is then recombined into a full human again, they will have their original heart and Nobody hearts mixed; the same person, but with memories of their time as Nobodies.

And yes, they had the potential to grow new hearts. However, as Xemnas said, some of them proved not up to the task of being the right material for vessels, because their hearts were too independent for whatever reason. I think.

Awards
Do you guys think the majority of the organization members had hearts before they were defeated? It makes more sense to me that they did not have hearts, but were not told by Xemnas that would eventually become somebodies again on their own.

Fallen Prince

Do you guys think the majority of the organization members had hearts before they were defeated? It makes more sense to me that they did not have hearts, but were not told by Xemnas that would eventually become somebodies again on their own.

Well, it seems that Xigbar has had one, at least to me. I would say that Larxene had one, since she seemed to get truly mad. Saix seems likely, since his whole moon rage were at the base of his attacks if I remember correctly. Other than that, not too sure which ones would have had hearts, and which would have been still developing hearts.

JustSnilloc

Well, you've got to keep in mind that there's a difference between a Somebody and a Nobody with a heart... Sure they have the same materials, Heart-Body-Soul, but whether the new heart they grow is theirs or not, they're still just Nobodies with a Heart... As Axel so eloquently put it "We Nobodies can never hope to be Somebodies", but they can develop hearts which make them essentially somebodies, just not Somebodies by classification

Think about it like this, let's say Jake is an awesome dude... When he dies, he develops a heartless and a Nobody, that Nobody he creates is a Twilight Thorn... Well, this Twilight Thorn develops a heart (it couldn't but let's pretend) And now consists of a Heart-Body-Soul right? So is Jakes Nobody a somebody? Of course not, that body of his is the body of a Nobody (a twilight thorn specifically), not the body of a Somebody

That lengthy explanation over, I believe a few of them developed hearts, and I believe a few of them had Xehanort Hearts growing inside them. The one's I'm pretty sure had hearts were: Xemnas, Xigbar, Saix, Axel, Roxas, and Xion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back