• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Computer trouble

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggleyroxas

Well... I downloaded a free trial of BitZipper to Open one .rar file. When I was finished with it I uninstalled it and deleted it. Now, I can't open .zip files that I could open before.

I just need someone to help me figure out what I did to my computer. The .zip files that I could open, I can now not open because I uninstalled that program.

Was that supposed to happen?

giggleyroxas

I don't to download anything, I want to know why files I could access before BitZipper I can not access now because I Uninstalled and deleted BitZipper.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
you can't extract them b/c that's what the program was for. it can only do it's job if its installed. you should download WinRAR like Agent007 suggested. It's free and unlimited.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Wouldn't installing WinRar default it though? WinRar should associate itself with that type of file, if he installed it that is.

giggleyroxas

you can't extract them b/c that's what the program was for. it can only do it's job if its installed. you should download WinRAR like Agent007 suggested. It's free and unlimited.

I thought you had to pay for WinRAR

Tycho, I used that guide but I don't know what program to use.

I forgot to mention that I can view .zips that are saved on my computer, but .zip files from the internet I can't just open them and look at the contents without saving them. My computer didn't do this before. Another thing, I have Vista, not XP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back