• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Commander Shepard's Final Mission

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Hiyo! This is a Mass Effect fan fic that I decided to do because its my favorite game. I've never written a fan fic so If you have constructive criticism or have an interest in Mass Effect, please read. Thank you!

The Normandy was empty. All but Shepard, Joker and EDI occupied the ship. Due to Shepard's orders, everyone had their own important jobs to do and they trusted in Shepard to do hers. Shepard's job was to reach the Citadel, confront the Dreadnaught of Dis and destroy it, deactivate the known remaining mass relays and finally the citadel itself. It was the only way to end the harvesting cycle of the Reapers.
Too long has organic life been on a path paved by the Reapers. Enough was enough. The vision from the ancient beacon from Klencory had resonated with Shepard's reaper implants from Project Lazerus, had given her a clear picture of what was to come, what must be done and how to do it.

Chapter 26 (Chapter 1 of this fan fiction.)
The Normandy's systems had failed. Jeff sat hunched over the pilot’s controls, unconscious. Sirens rang aloud throughout the Normandy and lights were flashing red. Shepard suddenly came to from a replay of the beacon’s strange but vivid vision. She shook off the haze of the nightmare and clumsily rose to her feet checking for broken bones or more severe injuries other than the scratches to her face. She noticed Joker’s limp body and raced over to his chair, checking for his vital signs.

"Joker!" she yelled as she carefully leaned him back.
He had a sever forehead wound and blood oozed out, covering his face and neck. He moaned and then slowly opened his eyes.

“Are we there yet?” he asked with his sarcastic tone.
Shepard gave him a slight smirk and nodded. “You got us through, Joker. I knew you would. You should be proud.” She tried to comfort him with praise. She turned her gaze to his wound, “You’re not looking too good. How do you feel?”
Joker lifted his head as he sat up, “I’m be alright, mom.” He jokingly whispered. “First EDI and now you, I’m a big boy and I’ll live.” He laid his head back again.

Shepard gave a heavy sigh of relief, letting a smile fall on her face again. "I know you’ll be ok. You're as tough as tough as tank-bred Krogan, Joker." She said jokingly, still trying to comfort him.
Jeff returned the smile as he hunched forward in pain feeling his wound. "As tough as one maybe, but I’ve still only got the two ba-"

"The Normandy is too damage to get you two out of here, Shepard. I recommend you search for another means of leaving the station when you’re mission is complete." A synthetic female's voice interrupted. It was EDI’s voice, the Normandy’s AI.

"EDI!" Shepard’s voice sounded surprised. There was no hologram of EDI due to the lack of power, but her voice was as strong confident as ever. "You survived! What is the extent of the damage?" she asked as she wiped blood coming from her chin. It was a wound from the crash landing onto the presidium.

"While my heart and body are all but destroyed and the Thanix Cannon is irreversibly damaged, I still have my eyes. Plus, my ability to use electronic warfare is still functioning.” EDI said reassuringly. “Leviathan has docked near the council chambers, just as Sovereign had done during Sovereign’s attack. Also, Shepard, I sense several life signs, but no movement. Perhaps my eyes are going back afterall."

Shepard nodded and then turned her attention to Joker making sure he was still breathing. She patted him on the back. "You've done your job, Joker. Get some rest and let me do mine."

"Aye aye, Commander." Jeff replied. "Don’t worry about me, Shepard. I have EDI here to look after me."

"Shepard," EDI started again. "Given some time, I might be able to infiltrate the Reaper's internal systems and disrupt it's sensors long enough for you to find the master controls and destroy the remaining relays.” EDI paused for a moment. “I emphasize that I need time, Shepard. Also, I can monitor Jeff's condition while you are away as well." The synthetic female's voice finished.

Shepard stood up tall and checked her equipment and weapons, making sure she had plenty of ammo and heat syncs. "I'm counting on you EDI." She said.

Shepard took one last moment to look around the command deck and cockpit of her ship. Memories of her first crew flooded her mind. She smiled as she remembered the first time Anderson brought her aboard the original Normandy. She remembered the amusing conversations she and Navigator Pressly had as well as Engineer Adams. Memories of Miranda and Jacob giving her the welcome tour on this newer model and the first time she met EDI flooded into her mind. Shepard was filled with a bitter sadness but knew she didn't the have time to stand around and sulk.
Shepard took a deep breath. "Whatever the outcome, it’s been an honor working with you two, EDI...Jeff."

Jeff raised his blood drenched face toward Shepard and gave the slightest but meaningful nod. No more words were necessary.

EDI remained silent for a moment. "Likewise," The AI said. There was another short silence. "It has been an honor indeed, Shepard."

Shepard hit the control panel and left the beaten and battered Normandy behind for what she felt would be the final time. Enough was enough.

Last edited:

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
Thanks. I realized after your post that I had posted an earlier draft. While it's still far from perfect, it is written a bit better I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back