• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Combat in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerIsNothing

I've been wondering. What is the combat system in this game like in comparison to 1&2?

People have told me its like the RE:COM card system but I've never played that game.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I've been wondering. What is the combat system in this game like in comparison to 1&2?

People have told me its like the RE:COM card system but I've never played that game.

Well, the Osaka team based it off the RE:CoM style, they just redeveloped it into something better.
IMO it's a little better than 1 and 2's system. (More then 2, since that had drive forms)

But, to describe it, I really can't, since I havent played it, but if you go to youtube and search for "Kingdom Hearts BBS battles" or something, then you can see what it's like. Or just look up gameplay of BBS.

wii.red24

well its like kh battle system except if u want u can use different variantions of attacks and thats coming from somebody who actually has birth by sleep

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Well, the Osaka team based it off the RE:CoM style, they just redeveloped it into something better.
IMO it's a little better than 1 and 2's system. (More then 2, since that had drive forms)

But, to describe it, I really can't, since I havent played it, but if you go to youtube and search for "Kingdom Hearts BBS battles" or something, then you can see what it's like. Or just look up gameplay of BBS.

Don't do this you will get a bunch a spoiler videos instead search up Birth by sleep english e3 videos they are spoiler free

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Don't do this you will get a bunch a spoiler videos instead search up Birth by sleep english e3 videos they are spoiler free

Way to sound a little rude.

But anyways, looking up what I said doesn't always give spoilers. Looking up "Kingdom Hearts BBS" usually gives you the Japanese trailers, and the same happens some of the time for searching for Gameplay.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Just to be cautious because usually spoiler pop up for things you don't want to see and when you least expect it. I get them when I search up BBS gameplay videos, even lookin up 358/2 days or kingdom hearts II final mix and BBS commercial. It annoys me too. People should let down on the spoilers. Also avoid the comments since people feel the need to share what the game had without anyone asking

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Many times if you search up Bbs...official trailers and opening sequences come up (which don't contain spoilers). But after looking down the page...BAM!!! There the last boss right for you...and a lot of other ones as well. You have to be EXTREMELY SPECIFIC...and even that doesn't help. When I looked up multiplayer videos, I had to search it under "Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep: Mirage Arena Multiplayer arena" cause the word "vs." ruins everything...

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
Exactly I think the spoilers were double that than when KH2 came out. But anyways the game will be arriving here in 2 months so hold your horse and stay spoil free

kupo1121

Awards
Yup...I guess the KH series is gaining fans...which is good, but spoilers are just too disheartening when you read one by accident.

jonXjon

Well, it is like CoM/Re:CoM in the sense that you can change your moveset and stuff. But it has more variety in what you can equip. Like in CoM you could equip, summons, keyblade strikes (idk what else to call them)

kupo1121

Awards
How close is it too Re:CoM do you think? Try to refrain from spoilers, but I have only heard great remarks of the battle system so far.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
I think the fact they implemented this system into re:coded hints to them using this system in future KH games

kupo1121

Awards
From what I've heard of people that have played the game, they say this battle system is the best so far from the games. However, I really like KH1's battle system, so I'm curious too see how this one tops it.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
You know I think they should just implement the BBS system and keep so of KH2 for KH3 with a few new things here and there from what people suggested. I prefer the reload system over MP and it can increase difficuly ala KH2 when MP reload was happening. Curing multiple times are for weak players

kupo1121

Awards
Thats one of the only things I liked in KH2 about the magic system. Cure took up the whole thing so you could only use it once in a while.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
And rid of reflect or at least make it abilities weaker and now toned down. Like for example in the beginning have a high chance of reflect failing everytime you use it or something

kupo1121

Awards
or just weaker...like some moves can do some damage, but reflect just decreases that damage by a certain percent and doesn't give Sora knockback when hit by a strong move.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
But anyways, looking up what I said doesn't always give spoilers. Looking up "Kingdom Hearts BBS" usually gives you the Japanese trailers, and the same happens some of the time for searching for Gameplay.

I just did what you said to see if you were right and the first video I get shows a thumbnail of Vanitas's face :/

Combat in BBS is NOTHING like COM. The only way it's similar is because you can stack your commands in decks and slots. It's kind of hard to describe the battle system... which is funny because it's very easy to play it. I will say it's definitely the best battle system out of all the KH games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back