• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded: Coming to the West?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
We've got some more news on Kingdom Hearts coded today; French site Final Fantasy Ring reports that the senior planner of coded wants the game to become 'more available'.

Here is the translation I've provided for non-French speakers.

Final Fantasy Ring said:
We don't usually relay rumours that go around, but this rumour is too interesting not to be mentioned, especially since the source that it comes from has been proven reliable on many occasions. In fact, this Japanese blog (click) reports that the latest issue of Otona Fami (which is basically Famitsu magazine for those aged between 20 - 30 years) has an interview with Jun Kato, senior planner of Kingdom Hearts coded. Don't go making assumptions too early from what he says, even if it does give us hope. When asked about the future of the game, whose last episode has been out for a few weeks, Kato apparently confided his desire to be able to put the game to a larger audience, given that relatively few people can play coded on its current platform (NTT DoCoMo phones). Alas, it's not easy to understand what he means by that, whether it be that he wants the the game to be put on a real console or simply on other phone models.

If Kingdom Hearts coded had to be on a console, the PSP would seem like the most obvious choice. Perhaps, moreover, for a Final Mix of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep? Whatever the weather, the chances of coded coming to the West one day seem a lot higher than previously thought. We can only hope that will happen, but once again, there's nothing definite in Kato's words.

There you go, you might get coded after all!

Source: Kingdom Hearts coded : élargir son public ? - Final Fantasy Ring

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
where does the whole PPS come in? i know france assumed it was coming to PSP even before the game has released, but the assumption returns again?

or is it in the itnerview?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
No, no, it's saying that if coded were to come to a real console, it'd probably be the PSP, not that it will be the PSP.

Allister Rose

French Lover
No, no, it's saying that if coded were to come to a real console, it'd probably be the PSP, not that it will be the PSP.

i heard this before, even before days came out too, they keep saying PSP, but why? they really want it to be on PSP, but i heard enough from france.

i love PSP, but at least give it a more reasonable assumption

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Well, for one, it's easier to make a PSP game than it is a PS3/PS3/DS game. Also, coded's really not that long of a game so I wouldn't assume that it'd need one of the larger consoles to operate it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
the game could be operated by DS, also it could be by PC or something else. if kh coded had to come here, i would imagine kh mobile as well.

either way, i wish they put there hopes on PSP only. it's kind of annoying how they hope for something random

A

Azrael

Well, for one, it's easier to make a PSP game than it is a PS3/PS3/DS game. Also, coded's really not that long of a game so I wouldn't assume that it'd need one of the larger consoles to operate it.

It would be better if it came in a two disc bundle with BBS but that's wishful thinking.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That would be similar to how they went about releasing Re:CoM, so I don't think a bundle is that much of a stretch.

A

Azrael

That would be similar to how they went about releasing Re:CoM, so I don't think a bundle is that much of a stretch.

That was for Japan though. -_-

It's possible I mean. It would make sense. Coded isn't guaranteed to get a lot of sales on its own.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i hope it comes to the psp or at least the ds, us fones suck.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is the quote:
Was the original quote something like this?

"It wasn't able to be played on many models, and I'm thinking it would be nice if we could develop it somehow so the number of gamers able to play it would increase."

"And, 'coded' is complete, however, because it is connected to other titles in the series, I think there's are some images that can be formed from it, and so please anticipate this."

Cause, as the OP says, he might mean he's releasing it on more mobile phone models, not consoles...

S

Shadow Soldier

Wasn't the episodic Final Fantasy VII cell games the same sort of thing? Japan only? Who the hell would buy a cell phone for just games anyways? :/

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
wow.....

thanks for telling me that after i had read the games whole story,if it does release there wont be much excitement playing the game

if u just would've said that a little earlier

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
wow.....

thanks for telling me that after i had read the games whole story,if it does release there wont be much excitement playing the game

if u just would've said that a little earlier

Do you think everyone knew...? Even Nomura didn't know. Look at the FFVII mobile phone games, like shamedolakghlekghqalergocean just said, they didn't make it outside of Japan despite FFVII being popular in the west.

Foxec

I think it would be a better move to put Coded onto the DS. It will probably cost around 40 dollars for all of the episodes anyway, and we know that the DS can handle the game. Plus, with the sales of 358/2 Days being excellent, I'm sure even more people would buy if they heard that it was never supposed to even come out in North America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back