• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Coded coming America?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzuku

If you're talking only about iPhone sales, then your number is off a little. There have actually been only 33.7 million sold so far; if you lump iPod touch sales in with that, then the number is around 60 million iPhone OS devices.

tevlen

If you're talking only about iPhone sales, then your number is off a little. There have actually been only 33.7 million sold so far; if you lump iPod touch sales in with that, then the number is around 60 million iPhone OS devices.

I used wikipedia's numbers, which are more conservative, ( being that they're out of date) and I did lump the iTouch in with it. Each had sold just over 20 mil.

Suzuku

Yeah, Wikipedia's numbers are 7 months out of date. In Q3 of this year Apple sold over 5.2 million iPhones, and in Q4, which just ended September 30th, Apple sold 7.4 million, bringing the total amount of iPhones sold up to 33.7 million. Apple hasn't announced specifically how many touches they have sold since they held their iPhone OS 3.0 press event in March, but at that time they said over 20 million had been sold, and they reported in their Q3 earnings call that the touch was the fastest growing iPod, and in their Q4 earnings call said touch sales were up 100%, so you can assume touch sales are probably around the 30 million area.

Also, if you like to use Wikipedia, then click on the image of the graph on the iPhone's page and it will show you an updated sales chart for the iPhone.

tevlen

Even 40 million though (a VERY conservative number, clearly) is more than the sum of the xbox 360's sold.

Suzuku

Yeah, and at the rate the platform is growing, iPhone OS device sales will catch up to DS sales in only 2-3 years, or less. They've already overtaken the PSP, which has sold 52 million devices. It's clearly the perfect handheld platform to put coded on in the US and EU.

captain

Bronze Member
@XYZ, tevlen, Suzuku.. I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch but some of my friends do and the gameplay just isn't that good.. There are other phones that would support it better..
Though the iPhone/iPod touch is still a major possibility, I just don't think it's the best choice..

Hey guys! Captain likes to see himself talk!!!

lol :wink:

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
@XYZ, tevlen, Suzuku.. I don't have an iPhone or iPod touch but some of my friends do and the gameplay just isn't that good.. There are other phones that would support it better..
Though the iPhone/iPod touch is still a major possibility, I just don't think it's the best choice..

Not to mention the fact they'd have to probably reprogram the controls and such of the game just to fit the iPhone when they could just take less time and easily port it to something that wouldn't require much work, like the PSP, PS3 or the Wii.

Lonbilly

Awards
i tihnk PSP is a much easier. i don it would work well with wii.

I think it actually would work, but it would probably be WiiWare. I don't see how it wouldn't not work, seeing as how the controls probably won't get messed up, and the graphics aren't really a problem for the Wii.

tevlen

lol :wink:

Thats because the companies aren't putting enough time into the games. The iPhone is more powerful than the DS in several respects.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i think the wii would be a good candidate
the only bad thin is if they made every episode like 1000 wii points

Suzuku

Why would you play a game made for a cell phone on a TV screen? And putting it on the Wii would defeat the mobile aspect Nomura is going for with this project.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Obviously they'd bump up the graphics a little.

Lonbilly

Awards
Why would you play a game made for a cell phone on a TV screen? And putting it on the Wii would defeat the mobile aspect Nomura is going for with this project.

Maybe because Cellular Phone gaming isn't as popular outside of Japan as it is in Japan. Do you think SE would honestly still put it on a phone in NA or anywhere else when it's not nearly as popular and they would lose a bunch of money? They already did the same thing for FFIV: After Years or whatever like they should do for Coded. It was on the phone in Japan but got put on WiiWare for NA (and I think everywhere else that got it that wasn't Japan).

tevlen

There are full fledged game divisions for phones now. Our phones have caught up in the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back