• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chamber of Repose

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Let's discuss it here

Why did Xemnas create it? (yes Xemnas created it, not AX)
Did somehow more of Terra's memories go towards Xemnas? Yet it doesn't explain why he's as evil as he is. He's clearly influenced by MX, not Terra.

And HOW is it very similar to Chamber of Waking? Xemnas has never even been to the Chamber of WAking. Coincidence?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The CoR is one of those NEI things that has been talked over and over again in circles since KH2FM but conversation doesn't really go anywhere per se. Even with the introduction of the CoW it mostly brought more questions than answers.

Supposedly Xemnas created it to regain memories, but what memories we don't know. We do know now that he's on some level partly Terra and that the armor belonged to Aqua, but how much of Xemnas is "Terra" we don't know.

We don't know how the chamber works, but I was actually thinking about it earlier, before you even made the topic, and aside from aesthetics what the CoW and CoR have in common is that they both lay in worlds that are supposed to be special and have had their Keyholes manipulated in the past. We know for a fact that the CoW was created when Aqua activated the world's defense mechanism and Xemnas happened to be wondering by around the time Sora fixed HB's/RG's Keyhole so I don't think they're completely unrelated.

The only known person to have seen the CoW waking is Aqua (and maybe Ven) so Xemnas' knowledge of it is mysterious. Perhaps it's lingering knowledge from one of the three people who influence him, but he somehow knows that Ven is in the CoW too.

All we know about the chambers is that the CoR is supposed to be for recovering memories and I think the CoW was described as a place to hide/protect. Other than that, the information on them is slim.

Gram

Banned
Awards
With the revelation of DDD I think it's clear Terra's part in Xemnas is slim at best since Xemnas turned out to be what one member referred to as "Xehanort's nobody enforcer".
Of course it's also possible that the part of Xemnas that was Xehanort was just suppressing and controlling the Terra aspect making Xemnas more of a puppet.

As for the chambers, as Ruran said, it's not known and at this point it time it seems to be a concept left in the way side so far.
However I do like the theory I've seen tossed about after the release of DDD that Xemnas was using the chamber to talk to Ansem or other Xehanorts.
After all who would be more of a "friend" to a Xehanort other than himself?

Heartless Sora

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I have a lot to say about some theories when it comes to Kingdom Hearts, so what I'm about to say is a lot of information, so if there are any sentences I write that are confusing or seem off topic, just read more as it might tie in.

This topic is something slightly confusing, but I want to make the most out of it. Now, the first thing I want to say is that Xehanort got back his memories of being Terra and of being Master Xehanort at some point before the events he caused at Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden. Also, when I look at Xemnas, I think of Terra just looking at him, but think Master Xehanort most of the time when I see how he acts unlike his heartless, Ansem, who I only think about Master Xehanort. It could possibly have something to do with Xemnas actually having memories present in him because he is a nobody as heartless have no memories. You can tell that heartless have no memories because of the scene in KH1 in which Sora tells Kairi that when he was a heartless, he began to lose all of his memories.

If Xemnas has the memories of both Terra and MX, then he can act and look somewhat like Terra, MX, and/or Xehanort (possibly I guess just because they look like Terranort). He could look like MX or Terra because Xehanort has two hearts (Terra and MX), just like Sora and the 50-50 chance of his nobody looking like Sora or Ventus because of having two hearts. I'm addressing this just because when it comes to the Chamber of Repose, it could have been the actions of either Terra or MX in a way.

Since Xemnas should have the memories of Terra, it is possible that either side of him wanted to make the CoR as a place to regain all of his memories as Xehanort lost the all of his memories and only got back some of them. It is also known that he has Aquas armor in the CoR, another hint towards a slight chance some amount of control, whether it be thoughts or anything close to emotions, from Terra. Also, when he enters the CoR, he sits down in a chair facing Aquas armor and talks to somebody calling them "friend." According to Xigbar, these conversations go on for a long time and there is a voice that responds and actually has these conversations with Xemnas. These conversations could be one of two things being 1) Xemnas is showing a Terra side by talking to Aquas armor and calling it friend, but I have no idea if Aqua would be the one to respond and how or 2) Xemnas is just being a Nort and talking to other Norts or something because Norts only like themselves and can only be friends with other Norts. I personally think it is the first one.

As for the CoR looking very similar to the CoA, I can only speculate. My ideas on that are if Xemnas is actually talking to Aqua, then he might have learned all about the CoA from her because how else could he have learned about the CoA if only Aqua knows Castle Oblivion and the CoA at first because of the defense mechanism. It was specifically said that when she manipulates the world, she will map it in a way that ONLY AQUA WILL UNDERSTAND, any intruders will just get lost and never find the way through the entire place to the CoA. If he wasn't talking to Aqua, then he was probably just wandering around the worlds and stumbled to where the Land of Departure should have been only to discover Castle Oblivion. If it were that way, then I guess the CoR would be based off of CO, though where he gets the knowledge of the CoA and why he wants to find it would be beyond me.

So all possibilities point towards a small amount of Terra showing in which he talks to Aquas armor calling it friend and the voice (maybe Aqua, but she's in the Dark Realm so that stays unknown) tells him about CO and the CoA, at least in my opinion.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Just to add to your post it is a fact Xemnas remembers being Terra and MX:

Q9: Where did the Organization’s coat and mark come from?
A: Xemnas remembering his human years.

One year after BbS, Xehanort as well as five other apprentices toss aside their hearts. Then the Nobody Xemnas was born, and the Organization which he creates take a lot of things from his memories as a human. But as Xemnas had two people who he was, Terra and Master Xehanort, he takes from both of their memories.

The coat used by the Organization was something that Master Xehanort originally wore.

The Nobody mark used by the Organization is a similar shape to the mark Terra used.

Xemnas gives Organization members names with an X in them. This has something to do with Master Xehanort’s interest in the X-Blade.

So he definitely has Terra within but how much is what's left uncertain.

Ansem on the other hand has displayed that he fully knows who he is as well. His clothes, speech, mannerisms and even hand gestures are all MX.
However the biggest indicator was in DDD. It was Ansem who gave YX the power to time travel and sent him to find the others.
The very fact Ansem knew were and when to travel shows he indeed remembers he is Xehanort.

After all he couldn't travel to Young Xehanort, MX at his youngest stage in his journey, if he didn't remember being him.

The second indicator is YX's statement that Ansem is "Xehanort reduced to just a heart, the being your and your friends call "Ansem"".
YX doesn't refer to Ansem as being "Xehanort and Terra's heart" or as being their heartless, he specifically identifies him as "Xehanorts" heart.

The third is the opening scene of DDD. It depicts the moment the apprentices became heartless/nobodies. In this scene Apprentice Xehanort pulls out MX's keyblade.
He could only summon that weapon if either A) he remembers it or B) MX had taken control of him completely. In either scenario it ends with MX being the one manipulating him meaning he remembers, at least mostly, who he is at that point.

The fourth and final indicator however was the revelation in DDD that Ansem & Xemnas weren't following their own plans, but rather, following two halves of MX's grand scheme. Sure they had their own twists to it but it was still MX at the core.
They could only enact that plan if they remember having it and since it's MX's plan they could only enact it if they remember being him.

So there's no doubt AX, Ansem and Xemnas remember who they were just as there's no doubt that Xehanort ruled them and Xemnas for most of the time.
It is however left to wonder how much of any was divided. MX was obviously dominant but Xemnas had Terra traits though subtle.
Plus Ansem & Xemnas weren't born from one heart but three and if Xemnas remembers Terra then it's likely he remembers Eraqus explaining how he knows of the Chamber of Sleep.

Keep in mind LoD's "Castle Oblivion mode" is something only the "true successors" are privy too. It or the chamber isn't something Aqua & Eraqus are gonna tell anyone other then who they choose to succeed them.
Though we don't know why, LoD is very important so it's not info they'd tell regardless of the relationship to others.
So Eraqus seeping into Xemnas' makeup would explain his awareness of said chamber or even where to find CO.

yamibakura

Or maybe Xigbar said that some1 responded just to confuse zexion even more considering that he is one hell of a douche.I doubt aqua could talk through the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back