• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can we talk about xehanorts keyblade in the E3 trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guard the Light

First off I'm new to the forum so a quick introduction. I've loved KH since 2001 when I was 9 and when 2 came out in 2005 it became my favorite game series. I love aquas prowess and mastery but am a true sora fan at heart for his character and affiliation with Pureness and light. I'm not too active on forums but I hope to be involved as we slowly get closer to 3..... In another ten years of so. Haha I'll have an avatar up soon.

anyway, I wanted to talk about xehanorts keyblade from the e3 trailer, when young MX looks to the wall and its hanging there. A couple of things I noticed.
A) as was pointed out to me in another thread, the plaque looks similar to s keyhole.
B) there's inscription below the hilt. Does anyone know if this says anything?
c) fanning out below the blade in the plaque is a mural of other keys, one of which looks exactly like vens and one of which looks somewhat similar albeit alternate teeth to the kingdom key.
d) he looks at it with promise, with purpose, he knows he's to receive it (my opinion/interpretation). Therefore the events of 3d should have already taken place. Something contrary to some speculation around he thread in regards to his age.

Now on the note of c, could that indicate LOD? Or is it just pre game stylistics? Why vens and not terra. Or vens and if that is an indication of sora are we looking at the light boys? Sora ven Roxas?
why is it on the wall? We know it was someone before xehanorts and that it's the most ancient, lots of information is pointing at the sixth master the one who's lost. But how does xehanorts get it? Is that some support for him body swapping through the years and he was in fact a reincarnated lost master? Or what theories do we have about how he comes across it, why xehanorts has it in the first place? How did old xehanort find it when he went back in time and told young xehanort he would inherit it? We know a key chooses you or is passed down, either still seems possible to me.
Lastly, what do we think being the most ancient keyblade means? Obviously it came before the man made ones but was it before or after the xblade? Does it then connect to the xblade somehow? Representing darkness and chaos like the other seekers didn't? And for that matter do the keyblade a of the other masters also relate to the xblade? Are they equally as ancient or is xehanorts truly the oldest. Does it give his key powers others don't? Like endless swapping hearts but holding spirit or consciousness?

Its a shotgun, but I want to talk about it. I think it's a big piece not to overlook that they teased us to the trailer.
Also, forgive my spelling, I'm on my phone and we know iPhones autocorrect.

Anagram

Banned
I'm currently thinking he's already decided to take it rather than seeing it with purpose. He's totally the type to just steal it.

Guard the Light

I'm currently thinking he's already decided to take it rather than seeing it with purpose. He's totally the type to just steal it.

I see that as equally as likely actually. Pre formulating his plans through looking at it. But then has he heard legends about its age and perceived abilities?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
But then has he heard legends about its age and perceived abilities?
Considering that whole scene basically serves as a vehicle for Xehanort to show off his knowledge of KH lore, I think it's safe to say he knows what's up with the Evil Keyblade. Personally, I think that Keyblade has "intentions" of its own (perhaps something passed down from its previous master), and it's part of what corrupts Xehanort to the dark side, because Nomura loves his cliches.

Axel92

Awards
Well... That "Oh, i hope so" erase any doubt about Xehanort's original evilness.
The keyblade maybe just released his pure Darkness and made him pointed-ears.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Considering that whole scene basically serves as a vehicle for Xehanort to show off his knowledge of KH lore, I think it's safe to say he knows what's up with the Evil Keyblade. Personally, I think that Keyblade has "intentions" of its own (perhaps something passed down from its previous master), and it's part of what corrupts Xehanort to the dark side, because Nomura loves his cliches.

Well, if Xehanort is not above just stealing the blade from its resting place to get it I'd say he's already at least partly corrupted anyways.

In regards to the blade itself though, I wonder who would be so idiotic to put a potential danger like this specifical Keyblade on open display like this.
You practically need only to fetch a ladder from the broom closet and you can grab it from the wall like it is nothing.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Maybe. But maybe Xehanort really knows what's up with the Keyblade and still uses it to reach his own goals despite some downsides that come with its possession.

Guard the Light

Well, if Xehanort is not above just stealing the blade from its resting place to get it I'd say he's already at least partly corrupted anyways.

In regards to the blade itself though, I wonder who would be so idiotic to put a potential danger like this specifical Keyblade on open display like this.
You practically need only to fetch a ladder from the broom closet and you can grab it from the wall like it is nothing.

Good point, in which case I see two likely roads. Either they're unaware of the legend, something xehanort discovers or had discovered himself, or perhaps it's there to serve some purpose to LOD (if that's where we really are). I'm really hoping against the "blade tainting a vulnerable YMX" motif. I'd rather his blade not be like the one right, there's no higher evil, etc. I'm hoping it only gives him the means to carry out his longtime plans.

mathk

Awards
Just helping the thread with pictures
z9I1ech.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back