• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Can Aqua perform the Keyblade cermony again?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry

Since Aqua's original intension was to pass the keyblade to either Sora or Riku, she sensed that Riku would fall into darkness and that Sora would be the brave one to save him, but before that, she unintentionally performed the ceremony on Kairi. If Aqua was to try and perform the keyblade cermony on Sora (maybe if he lost his previous abilities after waking Ven up), would it work? since the powers went to Kairi??

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I have no idea, but Sora won't lose his abilities when Ventus wakes up because he never got them because of Ventus.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
She also didn't "sense" that Riku would fall to darkness.
She choose to not perform the ceremony because she sensed Terra had already performed it and didn't want to have two Keyblades among people so close "One Keyblade is enough for any friendship".

As for performing the ceremony there is no indication yet that it works only once per wielder since no actual Keyblade or actual powers are actually bestowed or "passed down" from the performing wielder, only the the general ability to wield and "marking" the recipient being worthy to wield are actually passed on with the ceremony, as in the Keyblade used in the ceremony acknowledging the recipient's heart of being worthy wielder-material.

If the recipient of the ceremony receives a Keyblade or not still lies firmly within the discretion of the Keyblades themselves as a Keyblade itself must choose the person in question.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I don't think there's a limit to how many times a Master or someone of "Master level" can perform it but it's more so that the people who qualify aren't exactly in high demand

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I like to think that there is no limit and that each forteller personally did a ceremony with their union members.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Even with the Foretellers aside, it's probably not unreasonable to assume that Eraqus did it for both Aqua and Terra.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
One wonders why Riku & Mickey aren't trying to go for greater numbers than actually going with the 7 vs. 13 thing.

Zul

Awards
There could be a concern of having "loose cannon" keyblade wielders around. They don't want one on their own team to eventually end up becoming another threat to the realms.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
One wonders why Riku & Mickey aren't trying to go for greater numbers than actually going with the 7 vs. 13 thing.
Wouldn't it be years before those who would pass the ceremony to get a keyblade? The KK didn't come for Riku until a decade passed

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Like said, the ceremony isn't a sure-fire way to create a new Keyblade Wielder. The last decision lies still with the Keyblades themselves.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It's more like: Masters perform the Ceremony only before a̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶u̶d̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ a worthy candidate.
I don't think the Ceremony has any parts in deciding if someone's worthy, it sparks something (arguably what is linked to the Keyblade's judgement) the candidate needs to have in the first place anyway. Like, Eraqus wouldn't perform a Ceremony on... Jack Sparrow... in the first place, because it would probably be ineffective.
So, in my opinion, the Ceremony doesn't actually decide anything, it just triggers already existing... "worthyness".

Thusly, they can't mass-produce Keyblade wielders unless they do like Xehanort and forcibly make them worthy by installing a piece of a worthy one's heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back