• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Buying a new guitar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
My current one is a Stratocaster that was only about $200 and a gift.

Been using it for about a year, but I'm fed up with it. It sounds kind of bland and airy, the strings are mostly too light and I can't build up finger strength using it.

I have about a $600 budget.

I'm an intermediate player.

I'm not sure whether to buy an Acoustic now (perhaps with electric capabilities) or a new Electric.
I like the freedom of an Electric.
But the Acoustic would certainly help in the finger strength/play anywhere aspect.

So should I get an Acoustic or an Electric?
And what would you recommend me buying?

I was thinking this for an Electric guitar...hmm
Yamaha RGX A2 Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

Don't know much about the detailed aspects of guitars (pick-ups, etc.)
Any buying tips I should look out for, or mind elaborating on some of these aspects if it's recommended to look for while shopping?

A

Antlion

Go with an electric.

People like Ibanez guitars for the rock sound, and Gibsons have great designs and a wide range of capabilities.

Then again, as long as the guitar is decent, the amp makes a big difference too.

I am getting my hands on a Vox amp with built in pedals, which will make my guitar sound insane regardless of the brand, lol

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

(?Cmurder?)

yeah id go with ESP Dean Gibson or Epiphone

I have an Epiphone Gibson Les Paul and its been doing me good and it only cost me 200$ with a marshall amp :D

R4TM

Website
www.myspace.com
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.
Ibanez electric guitar.

:D

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Go with an electric.

People like Ibanez guitars for the rock sound, and Gibsons have great designs and a wide range of capabilities.

Then again, as long as the guitar is decent, the amp makes a big difference too.

I am getting my hands on a Vox amp with built in pedals, which will make my guitar sound insane regardless of the brand, lol

What he said.

Also, Line six wat

T

Tyler Durden

Are you sure it's not just your tuning and playing style that is causing your complaints?

So far all I have is a Starcaster by Fender, and I've managed to make it sound decent. It's all about tuning it, frankly. Sure, I'd like to get a more expensive one eventually, but I don't think that it should be an absolute necessity.

That being said, get an acoustic guitar. You can take them anywhere, they sound fine, and there seems to have been a shift back towards them lately. Then just keep your current electric guitar, and you should be set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back