• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Broken Chain of Memories (Kingdom Hearts Infinities 2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should the first Infinties be put in novel format like BCoM?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
It’s been awhile since the last update. ^_^ Well here ya go, hope you like it.

Namine hit her feet together as she looked out the view port of the royal class Slecen cruiser. Slecus was a beautiful place in every sense of the word… as long as you were like them. No non human was aloud on the world of Slecus. It was also prejudice in ever sense of the word.

Namine had been sent to Slecus with Saix to look into a series of attacks that left a darkness trail. A darkness trail was a black cloud that is left when dark magic was used and the calling card of a dark magic user. What was odd about the attacks is that no bodies were ever recovered and the darkness trail of the size found is only seen in special cases when the J.A.C. agent Winter is around. Winter was no where near Slecen space nor had in the organization’s knowledge had ever been there. This was something else.

Namine had grown much stronger but she was no match for what was causing the attacks. Saix didn’t think he was strong enough to do this on his own. The thought of sending in Namine to test just how strong this entity was crossed his mind a few times but a the chance of a magical link between her and her brother Roxas is still to high for him to go through with his plan.

A magical link is as it suggests a link between two people. The strength varies from person to person. The smallest degree of the link is just a sense of uneasiness when the other is in danger. It is also the most common. The strongest link can prove lethal at birth where any fear, pain, or strong emotions are transferred 10 times worse to the other. An example is if someone sees something they have a minor fear of the other will react like they just saw a murder. Transferred pain also is seen in a link between people who can use magic to a similar degree. The pain is only lethal if it would be lethal normally.

Saix had been notified that Roxas had similar marks that looked much like Namine’s wounds and vice versa. It was most likely that it was just a coincidence because there has been no case of Nobodies sharing magical links but Saix didn’t want to risk Namine for fear of Roxas also dieing. Xemnas wouldn’t be too happy if both of his weapons died.

Saix walked down the exit ramp of the landing shuttle. They were suppose to rendezvous with a platoon of Slecen marines at York military base. From there Saix and Namine would investigate the sites of the attacks while the marines would provide support fire and a quick exit route incase of another attack.

“Is that him Greg?”

“Yeah James that’s General Saix. I heard that he single handed killed a detachment of Chrisen from the 102nd.”

“Wow…” James whispered in amazement. It was his 17th birthday today and he celebrated by being accepted into the 606 of the Slecen military. It had been his dream ever since he joined the military at 13; the legal draft age.

Saix turned around as he made one pass over the front line of the marines.

“Gentlemen let me introduce you to the women who will be in charge of you.” Saix stated in a firm voice.

James ran through the list of members of organization XIII. He knew that only two were women. The knowledge of the Deaths of members 11 and 14 were not released to those outside the ring of organization and the leaders of major allies.

“It must be Larxene…” James mumbled under his breath. “Great I get to be talked down to by Miss. Priss Princess.”

Namine stepped down the exit ramp her hood still up cloaking her face from the troops.

“Who is that Greg?” James whispered.

“I don’t know. I can’t be Larxene.”

Namine walked out in front of the men.

“Marines this is member 14.2 Namine.” Saix said in a loud voice to reach the men in the back.

“Namine… like the actress?” James said thinking aloud.

“Look over the front line Namine.” Saix ordered.

Namine walked back to left and started to walk in front of the men like Saix did.

James started to sweat as Namine drew closer. His muscles tightened as she passed in front of Greg. She stopped in front of James and looked up at him, her face still hidden by the shadow cast by her hood. Namine walked closer and brushed James’s vest erasing the wrinkles from existence.

James swallowed hard and Namine must of herd it because she leaned up close to his face and whispered in his ear “Relax” In a sweet, soft voice.

James caught what Namine looked like as she leaned back down. The first think he noticed was her bright, sapphire eyes.

“What does she look like James?” Greg whispered as Namine made her way to the end of the line.

“B…Beautiful.” James stammered. It was the only word that came to mind.

“Checkmate!” Proclaimed Roxas as he moved his queen into position with his bishop trapping Axel’s king in an inescapable corner.

Axel smile as he tipped over his king with his finger.

“Good game Roxas.”

Roxas smiled ear to ear as he started to put the board and pieces away.

“Listen Roxas I noticed something on our last couple missions.” Axel said.

Roxas looked up confused as he slid the board into its slot in the social area of the castle.

“What’s that Axel?” He said.

“You don’t know how to shoot do you?” said Axel.

Roxas scratched his head and let out a sigh before answering.

“No… I never learned.”

“Do you want to?” Axel replied as a smirk formed.

“Sure…” Roxas answered a little surprised.

“Great lets go find Xigbar!” Axel cheered as he put his arm around Roxas and ran off through the portal at the far end of the room.

Bang!

James fired again but missed the target at the end of the range. The operation wouldn’t start for a two more days and he knew he had to get in some time with target practice. James had never been all that great of a shoot. The only reason why he was in the 606 was because of his promise in being a leader.

James put in a new clip and raised the rifle. He closed his left eye and concentrated on the target. James pulled the trigger only to see a poof of dirt fly into the air as his bullet hit short.

“Damn it!” he proclaimed in anger as he shot the rest of the rounds off down range.

“Got a problem?”

James was so surprised by someone else’s voice that he nearly dropped his gun. He turned and saw a short figure with a black cloak on with the hood up.

“Cap… captain Namine!” James said as he put his gun butt on the ground and saluted.

Namine walked closer to him a giggled.

“Shoot the target again.” Namine said her voice as sweet as sugar.

“Ma’am!” James said as he took another magazine out and slammed it home. He lifted the gun.

James flinched as he felt arms fold around his body. Namine took off her gloves and rest her hands over James’s. Namine rested her chin on James’s shoulder making him blush in embarrassment.

“Her hands are so soft!” James thought

“You have to pull the gun back more into shoulder.” Namine cooed.

“Ye… yes ma’am!” James said as he lifted his weapon higher and pulled back more.

James closed his left eye and rested his finger on the trigger.

“What’s your name?” Namine asked like a whisper in the wind.

“Ja… James!” James stammered.

“James it helps if you open both of your eyes. You see twice as well.” Namine whispered in James ear.

James swallowed hard and opened his left eye.

“Good now just use the sights.”

James looked down the length of the gun and lined the metal sights up.

“Great job James, now fire.”

James pulled the trigger.

“Swift!”

James looked at the target his mouth open in amazement. He hit directly in the red center of the target.

“See… now that wasn’t so hard was it?” Namine said as she slowly removed her hands from James’s.

James turned and saluted again.

“Thank you ma’am!”

Namine smiled from behind the shadow of her hood.

“Ma’am if you don’t mind me asking…”

“Hmm…”

“Why did you help me?” James asked

“You remind me of someone I used to know. I can’t remember his name but he had dark red hair just like you James.” Namine answered.

“Well thank you again ma’am.” James said as he saluted.

“Just remember what I showed you when you see combat.” She took her hood off and leaned up towards James’s face and kissed him lightly on the cheek. “I would prefer it if I find you back here when this operation is over.”

James put his hand over where Namine had kissed him and blushed. He looked into her big blue eyes. They were like oceans. He felt if he looked at them too much he would fall in. He couldn’t help but marvel at her beauty.

Namine put her hand to her mouth and giggled girlishly.

“At ease soldier.” She said as she left the room putting her hood back up as she opened the door.

James smiled a big smile.

I hope you liked it. ^_^

Haku

<3
Seemed quite short from the others that I've read from you but good job otherwise, and I lol'd at the "Checkmate!" part.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
The following chapter corresponds with the organization led destruction of the capital of Ukiz.

River screamed at the top of her lungs as if she had just been stabbed in through the stomach.

“River!” Trevor cried as he rushed over to her. He laid his hand on her shoulder trying to comfort her. “Are you…”

River bit Trevor’s hand hard until she tasted blood. Trevor hissed in pain and pulled his hand away as River fell to the ground clutching her head.

“Dr. Myanmar can you do anything for her!?” Holly asked franticly

“I’m sorry but I can’t. Whatever is causing her pain is magic related. I can only do so much for her.” Dr. Myanmar stammered his voice filled with sadness.

Holly ran to River and picked her up into her arms. Holly also felt River bite her hard on the arm bringing tears to her eyes. Holly refused to let go of her friend as she held her close to her body.

“It is going to be okay… it is going to be okay!” She repeated whispering in River’s ear to calm her down.

River opened her mouth and bit Holly on her neck drawing more blood. Holly too screamed out in pain but refused to let River go. She kept on trying to comfort her by saying everything was going to be okay and rubbing her back tenderly like one would a frightened child.

River whimpered like a dog that had been kicked as a puppy, her tears flowing from her eyes down her cheeks and onto Holly’s neck. She clawed at Holly’s back as she released her hold on her neck. Holly kissed River on the cheek and started to sing a lullaby.

“Do you remember the melody I use to hum?
Back in the day when we were friends?
Every memory was shining like the stars.
You must remember now that your dreams are in you hands.
My burring passion for you won’t disappear.
So sleep… in this empty room.
Close your eyes…
Goodnight… goodnight.”

As Holly finished singing River stopped clawing and crying. She was… alright.

“H-Holly?” River whispered, her face flushed.

“Uh-huh…”

“Thank you.”

Holly smiled as she looked River in the face.

“No problem sweetie.” Holly said gingerly as she rubbed River’s back

River pulled back for a second and kissed Holly on her forehead making Holly blush a shade of red that matched her hair.

“Could… could you carry me for awhile?” River asked hesitantly

Holly opened her mouth to say something but decided against it. She smiled a big smile and picked River up into her arms again and started to rock her.

“Thanks Holly you make me feel… safe.” River whispered as she looked up at Holly’s face. “Hmm…” She thought “She’s really, really pretty. I wonder why I hadn’t noticed that before. What’s this weird feeling I’m having?”

Trevor stopped as they passed in front of a sign that read “The Iron Lotus”. He started for the door when a muscular bouncer stopped him.

“Sorry sir but your servants will have to wait outside.” The bouncer said in a firm voice his eyes hidden behind mirrored, black sunglasses.

“Servants, what do you mean?” Trevor said confused.

“The crick and the cat girl. Their kind isn’t welcome here.”

“Were going in!” Trevor stated firmly as he pushed past the man.

“No you’re not!” The man yelled as he grabbed Holly’s arm hard.

This of course resulted in Riku and Trevor both kicking the bouncer in the face.

“My glasses!” The man yelled as he got off the ground and tore his broken frames from his face. “You’ll pay for that.”

The man threw a hard right at Trevor, putting his entire body behind it. Trevor twisted under the man’s arm and set his right elbow and walked it up the length of the man’s arm to his shoulder. Trevor turned his body with an inhuman like speed and caught the man’s fist with his left palm. He proceeded in lifting his right leg up and kicking the man in the back of the legs where the thigh meets the calf in the bend of the knee.

The bouncer fell to the cement ground.

“<Don’t touch my princess.> Okay?” Trevor said as he crouched down playfully slapped the man’s face.

“Okay!” The man said as shook his head franticly, his eyes wide with amazement.

“Come on Holly, River. It’s okay to go in now.” Trevor said as he stood back up

River nodded from her resting spot in the arms of Holly. Holly looked over at Riku and mouthed “Wow”

Riku looked back at her and mouthed back “I know.”

“That young man is fast isn’t he?” Dr. Myanmar said cheerfully as he walked to the door. “Oh it’s been years since I had a good drink at a pub.” He put a finger to his mouth as if he was calculating something “I once had this one ale that tasted of…” his voice trailed off as he entered the bar.

Riku, River, and Holly all rolled their eyes as they too entered the bar.

“28!? What’s with that!?” Trevor yelled standing up at bar counter.

“What is it Trevor?” Riku asked as he walked over next to him.

“I can’t drink on this world!” Trevor answered screaming his answer.

Riku crossed his arms and exhaled. “It’s not like I can either!”

Trevor looked over at Riku, his eyes and face like the face of evil. “It’s not like you can drink anywhere else either! What are you 14!?”

“I’m 15!” Riku back sassed

Trevor growled “Er… That’s no the point! You never tasted the beer from this world!” Trevor put his hands together. “Why back on Volgo I would…”

“Volgo?” Riku interrupted “Is that your homeworld Trevor?”

Trevor stopped and stood perfectly still.

“Wha… what’s wrong?” Riku asked.

“Let’s just start asking around to see if they know anything about the information tono alright.” Trevor said his voice suddenly calm.

“Y-yeah, sure Trevor.” Riku stammered.

Trevor walked up to the bar counter and sat down on one of the stools. The room was poorly lit and the lights that were there cast a sickly green light on things.

“Hey barkeep,”

The bartender was cleaning glasses as he turned his head and looked over at Trevor.

“What can I get ya?” He asked his voice low and raspy like a lifetime smoker would sound.

“I need to know about the information tono. Would you happen to know anything?”

“NO!” The bartender said firmly as he placed his hands down hard on the table.

Trevor slid some money across the table. The barkeep fanned through the money. It was 2000 Gil. 2000 Gil equated to 8000 munny. He stroked his beard as he stashed the bills in his back pocket.

“I might know something.”

Trevor raised his eyebrows and smiled a smile that could con a fox.

“Do tell.”

“Listen… you aren’t hear’en this from me but I heard the tono runs the spice operations in this sector of the city. You follow one of them back and you’ll have yourself an appointment with the man who knows everything. Be careful though, I herd that the runners and dealers always have a hidden weapon on them. If you get to close you’ll likely be shot.” The bartender went back to cleaning glasses “That’s all I know!”

Trevor realized even if the man knew more money would never get him to talk. He gave up on pursuing the topic farther. The bartender’s tip was enough and should get them in if they were smart about it.

Trevor waved for the others.

“Did you find anything?” Riku asked in a whisper.

“Yeah I did. The tono has dealers in this part of town. All we gotta do is follow one.”

“Something tells me that it is not going to be that easy.” Holly said her voice wavering.

“Hey Trevor what is spice?” River asked as she snuggled more into Holly’s arms.

“Uh… well its” Trevor started.

“It’s a drug that was used for soldiers who had extreme injuries during the war. It’s a painkiller. It’s also used to slow cancers that mutate other cells at an alarming rate. If used outside those conditions of pain spice can cause hallucinations. Eventually extend use leads to your body building up a tolerance for it and craves it.” Dr. Myanmar answered. “It can actually hurt the body too. That’s the reason why world militaries don’t use the drug anymore on troops. True the drug can help people at the verge of death by cancer live longer but it weakens the other systems of the body. Once you get addicted you can’t give it up… ever!”

“Is it that addictive?” Riku asked

“Yes, and it should never be used!”

“That’s what these dealers do. They get people hooked on this thing and then get em for all they got.” Trevor said “I’ve seen it first hand. It’s sick to see a life long addict. Most inject it through the neck so it circulates through the blood faster.” Trevor spat at the ground “Makes me sick! Let’s just hurry up and find one of these guys.”

“Who did you see who had it that bad Trevor?” Holly asked in a concerned voice.

“A very close friend who died during your world’s war with Hollow Bastion.” Trevor exhaled deeply. “She was the little cousin of my best friend Yuri. She had cancer and her aunt and uncle took care of her and they wanted to help her all they could so they went to a dealer and eventually they got a dept they couldn’t pay. They went to the house and killed all of them.”

“Are you okay Trevor?” Holly asked

“It’s the anniversary of Yuri’s death today. I miss both of them. I can still see him smiling and her precious face…”

Summer looked in the mirror. She saluted, her tears hitting the sink in front of her.

“I always hate today.”

“Are you okay Summer?” Tuesday asked from outside the room.

“Yeah I’m okay. I was just thinking of someone."

I hope you liked the chapter. I'm going to be covering what happened whit Riku while Namine was having fun with Saix. Thanks for reading.

Haku

<3
I would assume to believe so Riku, great chapter once again DoD, lol Namine having fun with Saix.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Oh you'll find out Summer's, Winter's, and Autumn’s real names and their connection with everything else.

You probably all ready know so it’s no point in keeping it a secret (Yuri is extremely important in the story.)

Trevor, the information Tono, Summer, Yuri, Winter, Christoph, Elrick and even Lucid are the core of the story and their actions in the past helped make this future of the Kingdom Hearts universe.

I'm positive you could never guess just how far back this alternant time line goes back.

You'll like the ending.

Riku Fan1415

Ya know, Riku's side of the story kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy XII. I dunno, it's just them trying to overthrow an evil organization, all the different places they go, always on the move, etc.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Okay new chapter hope you like it. Sorry its kinda short. V_V

“Okay we should be fine as long as we stick to the shadows.” Trevor whispered from behind a main carrier. “Most people don’t notice something unless it’s blinking light right in their face.”

They had looked down the ally ways around the downtown area and happened upon a dealer by complete accident. They had been hid behind parked cars waiting for him to move again.

“Hey Holly is anybody approaching? I don’t think this guy is leaving until he gets at least one sell.” Trevor asked.

Since Holly’s vision didn’t rely on receiving light but aura she could virtually see in the dark.

“Yeah, a few guys are heading this way. Try not to move, it looks like they are armed too.” Holly whispered back.

“Thanks <princess.>” Trevor said smiling.

“Hey Trevor how come you always call Holly something different in her own language?” Riku asked.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean you always say prinzessin when you talk to Holly. What does that mean?”

Trevor looked over to Holly.

Holly shook her head no.

“Hmm… I guess she doesn’t want Riku to know she’s a princess.” Trevor thought.

Before Trevor could think of something the men Holly warned them about arrived saving Trevor from an explanation.

“Shh… they’re coming.” Trevor hushed.

There were three men who met with the dealer.

“What ya got tonight Frank?” one of the men asked.

“Some cancer juice.” The dealer said in a bragging tone.

“Awesome!” one of the other men said as he looked around to and took the small container of spice placing it in his jacket pocket.

“Well what are we waiting for lets get after him.” Riku said harshly as he started to get up.

“No Riku wait!” Trevor tried to say but it was too late, the dealer and the other two men noticed him.

“Hey!” The dealer screamed in anger as he pulled out a handgun. “What the hell do you think your doing here man!?”

Trevor rolled his eyes and pulled out his sidearm. He pointed and fired slicing the jacket the man was wearing.

“What kinda shot was that Trevor!?” Riku yelled.

“It’s called strategy. If he gets freaked out enough he may run back to the Tono’s hide away.”

Riku started to run after the dealer.

“Oh shit man ‘is is too much for me!” the man who bought the spice said as he too pulled out a gun and aimed it at Trevor.

Holly jumped on the tops of cars to get closer to the man and got in front of him, her gauntlets out and ready.

“I would not do that human!” Holly said her voice stern, her emerald eyes flaring with anger.

“Get outta da way girly!”

Girly!” Holly exclaimed in frustration “Wrong move human!” she yelled as she pulled the man’s arm forward and kicking him in the back of the leg. She finished her combo by elbowing him in the back of the head knocking him out.

Holly turned but she wasn’t fast enough; the man’s friend already had his gun trained on her.

“Die cricer bitch!”

As the man started to pull the trigger the barrel of his gun exploded.

Wha!?” The man exclaimed in surprise.

Trevor had shot dead on and drove a bullet through the man’s gun.

The man tried to pull another gun out but Trevor was already upon him and knocked it from his hand.

“Follow Riku!” Trevor shouted.

Holly nodded and hurried after Riku.

The man pulled out a knife and slashed at Trevor’s face. Thinking fast Trevor put his gun up as a makeshift shield and blocked the attack with the side of his gun. Trevor then proceeded to hit the man in the face with the gun tomahawk style knocking him out.

“Well that brings back bad memories doesn’t it?”

Riku hurried after the man but he was just too fast for him. Leaping over fences was one thing but running on the side of walls to get on top of a building was another.

Riku looked up at the man leaping on the rooftops. He concentrated a large amount of magic in his hand and pointed his palm at the ground. He released the vortex of swirling air at the ground propelling himself up to the rooftop of the building closet to him.

The man looked surprised the Riku could follow him as he started running again. He sped down the fire exit of the building with inhuman speed. His actions were not only quick like a rabbit but also thought out. Everyone makes mistakes though and getting off the rooftops was one of them because after a few second he found himself cornered in a dead end ally.

“Okay drug dealer lets talk.” Riku said as he approached the trapped spice dealer.

The man clawed at the brick wall furiously. He pointed his gun at Riku and fired off a few rounds.

Riku’s keyblade appeared in front of him to defend him from the barrage of bullets.

The man stopped firing and pushed back against the wall.

“Okay not that you’re done…” Riku didn’t get a chance to finish.

The dealer slapped a new magazine home and fired. Riku’s blade appeared again to protect him from the projectile but that’s just what the dealer wanted. The magazine he had put in his gun was filled with fire rounds that exploded on impact.

Riku was pushed back hard into a steel dumpster and fell unconscious.

“Hey man, are you okay?”

“What is it Beat?”

Riku gazed up at a large man in a skull cap through blurred eyes.

“It’s some kid. It looks like he was knocked out by something.” The man named Beat kneeled down and shook him waking him up a little bit more.

“Hey Rhyme its okay he looks alright.”

“Thank goodness!” Another voice said.

Riku looked over and saw a girl in a green skirt, wearing a hat that was way to big for her.

“Hey Neku give him a potion!” The girl said.

“Why should I?”

The boy who responded looked around his own age. He had headphones on over his red hair that lay down in front of his face.

“Come on Neku listen to Shiki.” Rhyme said as she put her finger to her mouth. “What’s one potion anyway?” she said as she moved closer to Neku.

“Get outta my face…” Neku scoffed.

“Oh come on dude just give him a damn potion!” Beat said.

“Fine… whatever.” Neku said as he walked over to Riku, leaned down, and put the potion to his lips.

Riku felt the cool liquid wash over his tongue and down his throat. He swallowed and leaned up feeling a bit better.

“Hey thanks man…” Riku said as he shook his head.

“Whatever just don’t make a habit of it. Be more careful next time!” Neku said in a dismissive tone like one would speak to at child with.

“Sorry…” Riku said feeling a little embarrassed.

“No need to be sorry.” Said Shiki happily as she walked over and helped him to his feet. “It was our pleasure… umm… oh that’s right you didn’t say your name.”

“I’m Riku.”

“Okay Riku, I’m Shiki. The big guy over there is Beat, the cutie next to him is his partner Rhyme, and mister sunshine next to me is my partner Neku.” Shiki said as she pointed to the others.

“Nice to meet you.” Riku said.

“Same here man.” Beat said enthusiastically as he gave Riku the thumbs up sign.

“Its nice to meet you too Riku.” Rhyme said smiling.

Riku nodded and turned to face Neku.

“What are ya listening to?” Riku asked.

“None of your business.” Neku said as he adjusted his headphones to be more over his ears.

“What are you doing in this part of town anyway?” Shiki asked nicely.

“I was following a spice dealer. I need to find the information Tono.”

All of them except Neku looked shocked.

“Umm… did I say something wrong?”

“Did you find Riku?” Trevor asked as he checked the man’s pockets for any spice.

“No I lost him in the city.” Holly said

“River can you… smell his scent or something?”

“Trevor,”

“Yeah,”

“I’m a cat not a dog.”

“Right…”

“Well what are we going to do?” Dr. Myanmar interjected.

“I don’t know but we’d better find him fast. In this city anything could happen.”

I hope you liked the new chapter. I was waiting for a point in the story where I could work in the cast of The world ends with you. The next one will be up sometime later. ^_^

Last edited:

Haku

<3
That sounds awesome that you're finding a way to incorporate TWEWY characters, but good chapter otherwise.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
The new chapter is up… now.

Christoph walked farther out into the field towards the small sapling in the distance.

“Win this war.”

Christoph pulled out a copy of The Ark and thumbed through the pages.

“No one can ever know what he did for us…”

His eyes darted across the page, looking for the right passage to read.

“Put my dog tags in a mass grave for the Bastion troops. That way my family will believe I died fighting against you.”

Christoph reached the small tree and started to read the passage aloud.

“<Every life will be treated equal and valued.
There will be no prejudice.
There will be no hate.
There will be no anger.
There will be no borders.
There will be no enemy.
There will be nothing but happiness.
God will give me justice.
God will give me peace.
He shall break my chains.
In our death will we be truly free.
Our road to honor is marked by a tombstone.>”

Christoph kneeled down and ruffled the tree’s small leaves. He looked back over at his royal aid.

“<Do you know where we are and why there is nothing alive except this tree?>” Christoph asked.

The aid shook his head.

“<This is the site of the last great battle of our war for independence from Hollow Bastion. The land was left barren except for this tree.>” He waved his arm over his head to show respect. “<Do you know who saved our people in that war?>”

“<Why you did sire.>”

Christoph started to feel tears forming on his eyes. He looked down at the sapling one last time before getting up. He swallowed hard.

“<That’s right…>” Christoph said forcing a smile and a flooding of false pride.

“Why did you do all this human?”

“Because I had to.”

“But…”

“Don’t say my name. None of your people can know what I did. Our people need to become one on their own.”

“Thank you for saving Stephan and Holly.”

“<Wow sire you were a true patriot!> The aid said as he started to follow Christoph back to the city.

“<Yeah he was...>”

James woke to the sound of the traditional playing of the Slecen anthem. He swiftly got dressed and made his bed. He stood in front of his bed and waited for inspection by the commanding officer. His fellow squad mates stood in attention as Captain Murt Sawcheck entered the room. Sawcheck was a big man who was never seen with out a cigar clasped between his lips. His hands were bigger then most of the recruits faces. His dark hair and eyes matched his night dark skin. He was all around an intimidating man, the classic military man stereotype.

“Okay ladies prepare for inspection!” Sawcheck said in a demanding tone that could only be achieved after being in the military.

Sawcheck walked down the hallway eyeing the men’s beds for the smallest imperfection.

“All right maggots you passed inspection!”

James couldn’t help but hold back a smile. James didn’t know it but that was the last thing he wanted to do.

“What are you smiling about redhead?” Sawcheck asked blowing smoke into James’s face. “Did say something funny?”

James swallowed hard. Even with Sawcheck’s accent his voice still sounded terrifying.

“Answer me soldier!”

“I-I… I”

“What soldier do you not like my eyes!?” Sawcheck turned to the other men. “I think my eyes are pretty damn beautiful don’t you!?”

“Sir Yes sir, they are beautiful!” The men shouted back.

“Okay soldier,” Sawcheck turned his attention back on James. “Since you’re so happy today you’ll get the privilege of doing the obstacle course first! I bet that’ll make you really happy!”

With that Sawcheck walked out of the room.

“Shit…” James said under his breath.

James looked at the obstacle course that lay out before him. Needless to say it looked challenging. It consisted of a tire path, crawling wire, rope climb, repelling station, log walk, and zip line that led down to the last 20 ft of the course that had to be run.

James’s face went pale as he moved to the starting line.

“Time starts…” Sawcheck started as he raised his pistol.

James leaned down as if he was on Olympic starting blocks to get a better start.

“Now!”

James rocketed towards the tires. He made his way through this part with ease. From there he through himself to the ground and started to crawl under the barbed wire. James hissed in pain as one of spikes brushed up to his cheek drawing blood. James stayed the course and made it through the wire.

James sprinted towards the chain rope climb. He knew if he climbed to fast his foot could fall through and break his leg. He slowed his pace a bit but not too much. As he made it too the top he strapped the repelling harness on and pushed off the small wooden perch.

He hit the ground running as he headed for the log walk. He pushed himself up on the wood column and started to jog across. He saw the zip line only a few feet away. He boldly dove towards it.

James’s courage was rewarded with a blast of wind as he whizzed down the zip line. He pulled his legs up as he neared the ground as to not hit his feet. As he reached the grass he sped to the finish line.

“Time!” Sawcheck shouted

James fell to one knee trying to catch his breath.

“Hmm… good job smiley you made it just in time.”

James sighed what little air he had left out in relief. He turned his head as a loud noise sounded.

It was the organization member Saix. He was on the climb/repel perch clapping. He must have opened a portal there when the others weren’t looking.

“Good job boy. I can’t wait,” Saix smiled an evil grin “To see you in action.”

“Thank you sir!” James yelled up at Saix as he bowed his head in respect.

“I wonder where Miss Namine is.” James thought as he looked around for any portal that may have just been made.

“Nothing…” He mumbled to himself as he lowered his head.

“Are you talking to someone?”

“Wha!?” James exclaimed as he jumped back startled by the voice.

Namine put her gloved hand to her mouth and giggled girlishly.

“You’re funny James.”

“Umm… thank you ma’am!” James said as he saluted.

“He really does look a lot like you.” Namine said as she walked around James. She leaned up close to his face.

James blushed a shade of red that matched his hair perfectly.

“Those eyes…”

“I love you Namine…”

Namine pulled back her eyes wide in a mix of confusion and fear.

“What was that…?”

“Is something wrong ma’am?” James asked as he moved closer to Namine.

Namine pulled herself together quickly.

“James I…”

“Namine!”

Namine looked over. It was Saix, he was motioning her over. Namine walked over to Saix and saluted.

Saix hit her hard across the face with the back of his hand nearly knocking Namine to the ground.

Sawcheck got the hint that Saix wanted to discipline Namine in private.

“Men move to path. Were going to be doing jogging before the obstacle course; it builds up your endurance more!”

The other men started to walk. James was the last to go.

“What the hell do you think your doing!? You don’t socialize with the common soldiers!”

Namine put her hand to where Saix had hit her. Tear droplets perched themselves on her eyelids eager to fall.

“You stupid little…”

Saix raised his arm to hit Namine again. He started to swing but something stopped him when he saw the red patch of skin where he slapped her. Saix wanted to hit her again but his body just wouldn’t let him do it.

“Namine…”

Namine saluted again. She waited for another strike.

“Just… go back to the barracks.”

Namine’s eyes were wide with confusion. She nodded and hurried away.

Saix sighed a long sigh. He clenched his fists.

“Stupid you don’t have feelings!” He shouted in frustration.

Saix spat a wad of spit into the grass and left the training area.

Sora was resting on the beach like he always did when it was too hot to do anything. He was just looking out to sea for no particular reason. Sora closed his eyes and leaned back.

Visions of heartless, his friends, and ugly creatures filled his head. It was like some hellish nightmare. He opened his eyes in fear that the things he was seeing in his minds eye were going to pop out at him.

He was met by Kairi staring down at him.

“Wow!” Sora exclaimed as he lurched forward sitting up.

“Kairi how many times do I have to tell you not to do that!?” Sora asked as he stood up and brushed the sand from his shirt and pants.

Kairi giggled and leaned forward putting her hands on her knees.

“Come on you lazy bum; Cloud is waiting for us on the mainland.” Kairi said as she wet her finger with spit and brushed a patch of sand from Sora’s face.

“Iiiicccckkk!” Sora wailed as he rubbed the spit off his cheek.

Kairi laughed again.

“Why does Cloud want us on the mainland for anyway?” Sora asked as he gathered himself.

“Who knows what goes on in Cloud’s head he’s just… well he’s Cloud.” Kairi said “Hey lets race our boats to the mainland!” She said in a cheerful voice.

“Oh… again?” Sora moaned “Why do you want to do that? You always win?”

“I know and that’s why I want to do it.” Kairi said as she laughed an evil laugh.

“That’s not even fair! Riku helped you with yours! I had to build mine on my own!”

“Oh stop complaining!” Kairi interrupted. “Lets not make Cloud wait any longer. I don’t wanna have to do laps again!”

“Now who’s complaining?” Sora said smiling a lopsided grin.

Kairi growled “Shut up and get in your boat.”

Sora rested his hands on his head as he walked. They had started their search for Cloud the second their boats hit the beach. Whoever was last to find Cloud had to buy him lunch. The last couple times Sora found himself buying lunch for Cloud. That wasn’t going to happen this time though. He was just going to go the same way Kairi went so they would reach him at the same time.

Sora looked over at Kairi. Today was also the day he was finally going to ask her out. Everyone except Kairi herself knew that Sora had a crush on her. It was that obvious.

“K-Kairi…” Sora stammered.

“Yeah Sora?”

“Umm… well…” Sora scratched a fake itch on his cheek “Are you doing anything later tonight?”

“No, why?” Kairi answered still unaware of what Sora was trying to ask.

“Well if you’re not to busy I was thinking we could, oh I don’t know… go on a…”

“Hey I see Cloud!” Kairi yelled interrupting Sora; pointing over to the other side of the plaza they were in.

Sora could feel his self-esteem plummet and splash onto the pavement he was walking on.

Kairi rushed over to Cloud who had still not seen them yet. Sora followed after as fast as he could. Kairi stopped and slid around a corner of a building pulling Sora with her.

“Ow!” Sora exclaimed as his back hit the brick wall. “Why did you do that?”

“Look Cloud is talking to some lady over there.”

Sora and Kairi tired to listen in the best they could.

“Please come back with me Cloud. We all know what happened to Aerith wasn’t your fault!”

“I just can’t go back Tifa. There are too many memories of Aerith and Zack back there…” Cloud said resting his hand over his heart.

“For God’s sake Cloud, you act like you got it so damn bad but you don’t! You have friends to help you through shit like this.” Tifa said as she put her hand on Cloud’s shoulder. “We all need you with us. The true darkness has revealed itself and we can’t fight it on our own.

Cloud turned his head and looked back over his shoulder making Kairi and Sora pull back behind the wall quickly.

“I know you’re there. Jus come on out.” Cloud said his voice some how sad.

“Uhh… sorry Cloud we didn’t want to interrupt anything…” Kairi said as she scratched her head.

“This is my life now Tifa…” Cloud said pointing over to Sora and Kairi. “I’m not going to fail them like I did Aerith and Zack!”

“But Cloud you’re a S.O.L.D.I.E.R 1st class…” Tifa started; she was cut off by Cloud’s laughter.

“Yeah in my head!” Cloud yelled back.

“If you truly have given up then why do you still have that sword?” Tifa said as she made a gesture for the buster blade sword that lay across Cloud’s back.

“I still have it because….”

“Because!?” Tifa asked her voice now firm.

“Because this is all I have left of them!” Cloud spat out.

Tifa shook her head.

“You don’t need a sword to remember someone.” Tifa walked over to Cloud and hugged him. “As long as you live they’ll live too… in your memories, not some piece of sharp steel.”

Cloud held back tears the best he could but some did escape. He pulled out his sword and looked at it.

“You’ll have to live for the both of us…”
“You remind me of someone I know…”
“My honor, my dreams…there yours now.”
“You’ll be… my… my living… legacy.”

“Okay…” Cloud mumbled.

“What…” Tifa said surprised.

“I’ll… a hero. For the both of us.” Cloud looked up at Tifa. “I’ll come with you back to Hollow Bastion.” He looked over at Sora and Kairi “Sorry but I guess I have to leave you.”

Cloud started to walk away but something grabbed his shoulders. He looked back; it was Sora and Kairi.

“Where ever you go, we’ll go too.” They said in unison. “You’re our friend.”

Cloud smiled as tears ran down his cheeks. He looked over at Tifa.

“Lets get going then…”

Sorry this took so long. V_V I hurt myself in a bike accident and I was in the hospital for a couple of days. I hope you liked the chapter though. I don’t know when the next one will be up but thanks for reading.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
I know the second I saw that in the game I thought ''Wow... isn't she dead?''

I also saw that there was no mention of Zack. I thought the emotionaly crippled man was a good character for Cloud so I kept it.

As the first infinities was really happy like a Disney movie I wanted the second to be dark and sorta Sin City like.

I also though through Sora and Kairi, Cloud could come to peace with his past. How that happens I'm not going to say because that would be telling. lol

I will say this though, in this story it’s not the destination that matters most... it’s the journey.

If you can tell what world all this is going to end at I would be amazed! There is a big wide story to all of this.

This is also the only Infinities that will have a direct Sequel that follows this ''What if?'' story line. Since all the other non KH characters are from both Xikem's and my other work this story holds true to the ''Cross over character'' format.

Think of it like Tsubasa or KH with even more confusion. o_O

Free cookie to anyone who can tell what the hell I just said! (Because I didn't understand it either. XD)

Riku Fan1415

Well, you'll probably have to explain Aerith's death somewhere along the line, seeing as how Sora met her in KH1. Also, this'll make her not be in KH2, should you choose to make a fanfic of that from this story.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
Well Infinities is the story of KH if one thing changed or had gone differently. Infinities is just the events that took place after the change.

Like in the first one Sora didn't come back after becoming a heartless. Because that happened Riku wasn't free from Ansem, The organization was able to grow stronger since it took more time to resolve the conflict, and Kairi had to fill in for what Sora should have done.

This change was Sora didn't get his memories back and Riku has to get over what he has done and save the worlds in an act of repentance. Along the way he meets people that he influenced when he was one with the Darkness, and Maleficent.

I wanted to expand the universe of Kingdom Hearts by adding in more worlds and people. Prejudice between the Chrisens and Humans is one of the main things in the story along with Trevor and Summer's past.

Holly is also an influence character since she is the princess of the Chrisens and has aligned herself with a Human.

Riku, Holly, and River simplified to two words are a ''Love Triangle'' Whoever Riku picks will influence what will happen in the Kingdom Hearts Universe politically.

This story is the only one I will do a back story for and a set of sequels. (Yes this story is looooonnnnngggg!)

The infinities for 358/2, Kingdom Hearts 2, 3, and Birth by Sleep will have nothing to do with the first or second Infinities.

As you can see since Kairi isn't the keyblade power house she was in the previous Infinities. It’s like the character's personality changes with the style of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back