• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Brittle Bullet [Completed]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdc456

Re: Brittle Bullet

Sorry for the delaying.
School makes me mad sometimes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Scorpio, you're an idiot."
"I didn't think tha-"
"You're right, you didn't think. Now I have to clean this mess up fast."
"I'm sorry Leo."
"Not yet but you will be. Take care of it Cancer."
"Right away, sir."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 3: The Scope and The Crab​

Chris walked to school slowly that morning just thinking about all that happened two days ago. Isaac had just said that he would come when he was needed. Chris had begun to wonder when the other members of The Zodiac would begin to show themselves and try to eliminate him. He had kept the pistol that Isaac had given him that first night and taken it with him wherever he went.

The day was chilly but not freezing. Kids around school simply began wearing long pannts and light jackets. It was nothing big. The sun sat unusually low in the sky and its light weakened as he walked to school. The clouds had moved in to cover it like a blanket over a child going to bed. Chris stopped walking when he felt something strange. Ever since his brush with death and his wierd shooting, he had a strange feeling in his head and his arm. It was small and had only happened about two or three times since the incident.

But then something really strange happened. He immediately got the feeling of being watched. As if some invisble person was right in front of him. Ignoring it for now, he continued his walk to his locker having just entered the front gate of his school.

Third period rolled around pretty fast. Chris took his usual seat next to the middle window just behind the girl he liked. Looking up searching for her he saw that she was out in the hall talking with a few friends. As he lowered his head again he noticed another kid walk in to the room. Just as last time, it was someone he had never seen around school before.

This kid had neat black hair all slicked back except for his bangs that hung down over his forehead in a mess. His bangs were black with blue streaks. Chris thought it was a little wierd. The kids eyes were both brown but his right eye looked oddly shiny. Without warning, the kid began rubbing his eye furiously as if it had just been stabbed. Chris immediately thought he was a little crazy.

Managing to block this out of his mind, Chris went back to his original thoughts of the cute girl that sat in front of him. Then the bell rang and everyone walked in and took their seats.

The day was over and Chris knew that everyone was eager to begin their weekend. The school was pretty much completely empty except for just a few teachers. Chris kneeled down to get to his low locker.

After opening the lock he moved out a folder and put in two notebooks. As he was zipping up his backpack out of the corner of his eye he saw someone standing right next to him. He looked up and saw the strange kid with the blue streaked bangs.

"Whoa man," said Chris surprised. "You scared me a little. You can't just stand behind someone like that."
The kid just stood staring at him and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a handle of something. He pressed a button and a switchblade knife swung out sideways. He lunged at Chris with the blade aimed at his throat. Chris instinctively dodge-rolled sideways and sprang to his feet. The kid fell down tripping over himself.

Chris took advantage of this and began sprinting down the hall at full speed. Behind him the kid was already hot on his trial. They ran endlessly through all the halls until finally the kid turned a corner behind Chris and disappeared.

Chris ran full speed down the empty hall until he reached his homeroom class. Stopping only to catch his breath, he noticed something strange. His arm was tingling slightly and he had a slight twinge in his head. It wasn't big enough to be a headache but just the right size to catch his attention. Suddenly he had the feeling of being watched. It was as if someone invisible was standing right in front of him. To escape the feeling he began running again.

As he turned the corner he saw at the end of the hall the person he had been running from. His head was turned down slightly so that his bangs with their strange blue streaks hung down over his eyes. As he raised his head, Chris saw why he was always scratching his eye in class. It looked as if his eye had been coated in red paint. But it looked almost natural.

The strange pinked haired girl with purple eyes and dark leather clothing stopped strolling the grounds of the school and looked at the building next to her. She stared into one of the windows and saw a boy stopping to catch his breath.

Cancer's eyes lit up when she recognized him. It had been a long time but she knew that face anywhere. He took off running again and turned a corner. She found him in front of another window facing down the hall away from her. He wasn't moving for some strange reason.

She took only one second to think about it and jumped straight at the window.

The red eye had him mesmerized. Chris snapped out of it whenhe noticed something in the eye. He saw a small cross hair of a scope on a sniper rifle. It made his mind stop in its tracks.
Does this guy have a sniper scope for an eye?, he thought.

Before he could withdraw the gun from his back pocket, the window behind him exploded inward. Turning around he saw a girl standing in the hall. She was wearing skin-tight black leather clothes. Her air was bright pink and her eyes shined a purple so brilliant it was unbelieveable.

Her eyes met with Chris' and she spoke in a high pitched cutsie voice that nearly knocked him out with laughter.
With a big smile she blurted out, "It's been a long time Sagittarius."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 4​

tdc456

"No worries Leo. Cancer will rip him to shreds."
"That's what I'm afraid of Scorpio."
"She knows that we need him alive."
"Yes she does,Virgo. I just hopes she remembers before she pulls the trigger."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 4: The Downsides​

The whole world seemed to stand still after the girl spoke. The halls of the school fell as silent as the grave. It was almost as no one else in the world existed except for these three. The pink haired girl stood up and crossed her arms almost as if to say that no matter what, neither would be able to beat her.

Chris' hand moved almost as if it was driven by some unseen force other than himself. In one motion he turned and drew the gun from his pocket and aimed directly at the girl after seeing her as the priority. He quickly pulled the trigger only to discover that, just as Scorpio had done, she had merely stepped to the side to dodge the speeding bullet.

She only smirked at his sad attempt to kill her. "You injured Scorppy?!" She let her arms hang at her sides. "That must have been a fluke." The bracelets she was wearing began to glow an eerie red. They seemed to extend over her hands slowly.

After about ten seconds of shaping, the bracelets had become what looked like crab claws.
"It has been a long time Cancer," interjected a voice from the other end of the hall. Chris had almost forgot the wierd kid with the scope eye. Was he the one that she had called Sagittarius? His hand reached around his back and pulled out his switchblade. He sprinted up the hall straight at Cancer but slid and turned as he went by and threw his knife at Chris.

Instead of making an effort to dodge it, he just closed his eyes and hoped for the best. He heard the knife swish by and rip his shirt but he felt no pain or blood running down his back. Chris opened his eyes looked to the left. He saw the knife jammed into the wall and beneath it was a small smashed piece of eledtronics.

The kid ran up and took his knife from the wall. He looked at Chris and smiled an awkward smile.
"That was a tracking device put on you by Scorpio," he explained. "Sorry I didn't explain myself earlier. It might have been a little wierd. I'm really here to help."

"But she called you Sagittarius," replied Chris reluctantly. "You must be working with her."
"No I'm not," he contradicted. "And my name is Kibo. I don't go by Sagittarius anymore. Isaac sent me to help you if you were attacked again."
Chris was beside himself with relief at what he had just heard.
"And yes my eye is in fact a sniper scope," Kibo reavealed to Chris. "Now lets finish this. There are a few things I need to tell you but we need to get rid of her first. Tell your bullets where to hit her. Not just to aim at her, you know? She can hit anything she sees so be sure to aim at a good spot."

Chris raised his gun but as he did Cancer raised her claws. They opened with blinding speed and reaveled a barrel in each. Just as he was about to pull the trigger and Kibo pulled him away, a storm of bullets erupted from Cancer's hands just like two machine guns. The bullets collided with the walls ripping apart the plaster and drywall. The pink haired girl erupted into laughter as she destroyed the hallway.

Thinking fast, Chris raised his gun and pointed in a random direction. As the trigger fell back and the bullet exited the trigger he thought, Take away her sight!!

The bullet flew into the cloud of bullets already there and turned at Cancer. It dodged and weaved its way around her bullets. She saw it coming and turned sideways. But she didn't know it was a controlled bullet. It skimmed her left eye and ripped it apart as it went by and hit the wall beyond her. Immediately reacting to her eye being removed from her head, Cancer's claws reversed back into bracelets and she put her hands over her now empty eye socket.

"FUUUUUCK!!!" she screamed violently throwing her body around. "SHIIIT!!! I"M GONNA KILL YOU LITTLE FUCKER!!!"
She turned and jumped back out of the window and sprinted away into the night.

After a few minutes and sitting nervously waiting to see if she would return, Kibo and Chris both breathed huge sighs of relief. Chris let his gun fall to the floor. Looking back to Kibo he saw his eye shaking and then literally spin around in its socket to return to looking like a normal eye. Kibo blinked several times then looked back at Chris.

"Now I'm going to relay a few messages to you from Isaac," stated Kibo. "First of all, because of what has happened to your school, you can't return back after tomorrow. You will have to come with me to meet Isaac at our headquarters."

Chris' expression changed to one of surprise. He would have to leave behind his home and his family? He couldn't bring himself to say anything.

"There are also a few things you should know about your powers," said Kibo interrupting Chris' thoughts. "You can tell your bullets to do almost anything. But if you don't call out your commands before they hit something then you can no longer control them. Plus they can only turn once after given a command. After that, they can only dodge but travel in the same direction."

"What about you?" Chris responded inquiringly. "What can that eye actually do?"
"Well if you hadn't figured it out by my old name, I have nearly perfect pinpoint accuracy. Plus I can look several minutes into the future. But if I overuse it within a short amount of time, my eye could bleed or I could lose sight in that eye."

Chris suddenly felt sorry for Kibo. Such an awesome power but with huge drawbacks. He wondered if his powers had and downsides.

Kibo rose to his feet. "Now come on. You have to prepare for the last day of your first life."
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 5​

Last edited:

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Good Job, and I see it got moved. Good for you!

Yeah, nice chapter as always.

tdc456

Thanks man.
Now that this story has a few chapters up, both of my stories willbe getting a new chapter every week.
This starts next week so be sure to stay subscribed.

tdc456

As promised and on schedule, here is the next chapter.
"He's either getting better or getting lucky."
"The more we wait, the more damage he does."
"We have to organize quickly."
"Poor Cancer never saw it coming."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 5: The Zodiac​

The dark room never felt safer until now to Cancer. The LCD screens displaying unfamiliar people and tracking their whereabouts felt like her only windows to the outside world. Sitting silently and waiting in the headquarters was what she was told to do.

Raising her head to look at one of the screens, only one eye focused upon them. The depth perception was messed up. On the left side of her face, Cancer wore a custom black leather eye-patch. Her eye had been damaged beyond normal repair. Her thick pink hair was cut much thinner and shorter than before and it was worn in two pig-tails on the sides of her head.

To pass the time, Cancer began spinning in her chair in front of her personal laptop computer. It was funny to her that she wasn't getting dizzy as fast without two eyes. It had been well over twenty minutes since they had left the room. When would they return?

Isaac and Kibo walked down the street side by side holding either end of a huge black box. They turned the corner and passed two more houses. They stopped outside of Chris' house. Isaac reached up to his mouth and pinched his bottom lip. Blowing air through and making a loud whistling noise called Chris to come downstairs. It was the signal that it was time to leave.

Several seconds later, Chris silently opened and closed his front door. He sad a silent goodbye to his family and walked up to his new partners.

They all said nothing for almost thirty seconds. Then Isaac and Kibo nodded to each other and picked up the box and continued walking and Chris followed in silent trust. As they walked, Chris stared into the night sky. The moon was full and brilliant in it's light.

The door to the room opened and Cancer stopped spinning to look at who entered. In walked Scorpio with four others. The first one that walked in had neat brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing nice-looking jeans and a jacket with a fur-trimmed hood. He had two matching katanas strapped to his back forming a big "X". He was knwon by everyone else as Leo.

The only woman that entered the room had beautiful flowing blond hair and vibrant green eyes. She wore a tight fitting blue shirt and black pants. There was nothing about her that seemed out of the ordinary. Her name to her comrades was Virgo. The other two that entered the room were both men. One was huge and tall. He looked as if he weighed at least four hundred pounds. His hair was very short, almost bald and his eyes looked almost totally black. All he wore was a large yet tight camo t-shirt and big, baggy cargo pants. The other man was tall and muscular but significantly shorter than the big guy. The hair on his head was medium length brown and he had electrified blue eyes. He was wearing the same kind of pants but he was wearing only a wife-beater as a shirt.

"Finish your meeting already?" Cancer asked sarcastically.
"Don't get smart with us Cancer," replied Leo. "This was a hard decision to make."
"Whatever you say," she countered. "I still don't get why I can't come, too."
"Because it involves you most of the time," interjected the muscular brown haired man.
"Oh shut up Aries," said the huge short haired monster. "Why are you such a dick to her?"
"Thank you, Taurus," thanked Cancer. "You always stick up for me.
"Well he and I are practically your big brothers," stated Scorpio happily. "We have to look out for you."

Leo banged his fist on the desk. Everyone immediately fell silent.
"Can we please get down to business?" he asked the group angrily. All the people in the room gave a silent nod." Good. Now Cancer, we have decided to go ahead and try but it will take a few weeks to get the supplies together. Is that okay?"
"Yeah thats fine," Cancer answered excitedly. "Its gonna be sweet payback."
"As for the other matter," said Virgo speaking for the first time with her beautiful, almost song like voice. "We have decided to send out Aries and Taurus to end this once and for all. Then nothing will be standing against us."
"Sweet!!" yelled Aries. "Finally I get to cut loose!"
"Don't get carried away now," said Taurus killing his buzz. "This is gonna be a team effort. Let's get moving."

Aries and Taurus rose from their seats together and left the room. Their mission had begun and the rest were sure that they could finish the job.

The black box sat looking almost lonely in the middle of the alleyway. Chris didn't know what to expect next but braced himself anyway. Isaac simply smiled and then snapped loudly. The sound echoed through the alley. Th ebox began to open and unfold into what eventually shaped into a door.

Upon opening it, Kibo revealed that it was a portal.
"Through here," he said confidently. "Is our base. Prepare for your new life to begin."
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 6​

tdc456

Here is the next chapter.
Its kind of short.
But thats because the next chapter is epic.
"They'll take care of him right?"
"Don't fret, Cancer."
"What if he does something drastic?"
"Taurus knows his orders should Aries get out of hand."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 6: The Arrival to the Guild​

The building was huge. It stood like a monster by itself on a massive fifty acre plot of land. Above the door was a symbol that looked like a maple leaf with no pointy leaves and an extra long stem.

"Welcome to the Guild," said Isaac. "This is our headquarters and home. And now it's yours as well."
Chris looked up and looked from lit window to lit window. He wondered what kind of people he would meet inside. He had no idea what to expect. He had already met a man who fights with a yo-yo and a dude with a sniper scope for an eye.

The door opened slowly after about a minute. Isaac, Kibo, and Chris entered side by side.

The night sky was rich with moonlight. The buildings were like sentinels in the night keeping guard over the empty streets. Two men walked down the street side by side. One much larger than the other.

Aries and Taurus walked slowly but purposely. Aries had a huge smile on his face. Taurus was stoic and silent. They said absolutely nothing. They were practically reading each others minds.

Why the fuck do we have to walk all the way there?, thought Aries despite his pleasant face. How does he even know that there gonna be there when we are?

"Don't question Capricorn," said Taurus aloud almost as if he heard what Aries had just thought. "His predictions have never been wrong. In one day, three hours, twenty-eight minutes, and sixteen seconds, they will be at the junkyard searching for something."
"Whatever," replied Aries. "He also predicted that the kid would also kill Scorpio. But he didn't. You can't live by his fortune telling, man."
"Aquarius and Gemini sure seem to go by them," countered Taurus.

Aries fell silent again. He had always not liked either of them. Ever since he came to the Zodiac, they had been treating him like a child. Well now was the time to prove himself.

Chris sat in his boardroom chair listening intently to Isaac speak with the rest of the Guild commitee. The long wooden table and spinning leather chairs made the whole room feel much more comfortable. To think that there were this many people fighting to stop the Zodiac. He wondered if there were more who were meant to fight instead of sit and type at a computer.

After waiting ten minutes and learning that the Zodiac has only nine of the twelve signs of the xodiac in their command, the meeting ended. Chris then spent ten minutes shaking hands and meeting several people who helped track the Zodiac and several others that may be involved with them.

Then Chris met one person in particular that he knew would come in handy.

"The name is Enka," he said and gave Chris a surpisingly firm handshake. "I work in the Intercetption & Destruction Division or as I like to call it, I.D.D."

He had blond hair with red and blue streakes through it. His eyes were both a shockingly vibrant shade of orange. He stood at the same height as Chris but he was slightly less muscular than him. Enka wore a black leather jacket with a blue t shirt underneath. His pants were brown cargo and his shoes were just normal slip-ons. Interception & Destruction Division?, thought Chris. This guy looks like he is ready for a greaser convention. Except for that crazy hair.

"My name is Chris," he replied politely. Enka's eyes lit up.
"Wait a sec..." he said contemplatingly. "The Bullet!! No fuckin' way!! I have missed you man. It's been a long time. Although you don't remember me. I was genetically altered jst like you."
"How?" asked Chris intrigued. Just as he asked a red light went on and an alarm sounded.
"You'll find out soon enough," replied Enka smiling widely. "Time hunt some of the Zodiac again."

A voice went off over the loud speaker.
"I.D.D.!"
"MOVE OUT!!"
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 7​

Please tell me what you think so far.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

tdc456

I know, I know.
It's been almost two weeks since the last chapter went up.
Last week my internet went down and it finally got back up today.
I will be posting chapter 7 now and chapter 8 later on in the week.
Please enjoy.
"Did they reach it yet?"
"They won't ever reach it!!"
"Well why the hell not?"
"They've already set off an alarm and the Guild is already on their asses."
"I knew we couldn't trust those idiots, Leo."
"Well you are the one who suggested they go, Aquarius."
"That's only because Caprcorn said that they had to."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 7: The Ram and the Bull​

The searching had already gone on for just over a day. How were they going to find anything related to the Zodiac in some old junkyard? Chris walked slowly across a big pile of trash and some wierd junk. At the bottom of the mountain of filth was Enka searching through some old bed frames and refridgerators. They had trown half the junkyard around in a little under an hour.

"We're never gonna find anything!!" yelled Chris down to Enka. He looked up and shielded his eyes from the sun.
"Just be patient man," replied Enka reassuringly. "These little search missions almost always turn up with something useful after its over."
"Whatever," contradicted Chris. "I still don't get why you and me have to search in a smelly, disgusting junkyard while Isaac, Kibo, and the others get to roam the streets."
"Just deal with it for now," reassured Enka yet again. "You and me, we're the newbies. They've only seen me fight in training sessions so they don't know how good I really am. Plus you're still just getting used to your powers so they aren't letting you fight for a while."

Chris rolled his eyes and went back to searching for whatever the hell they were looking for. Enka walked away to start on another pile.

Aries and Taurus walked side by side but in a huff. They had been arguing the whole time since the sun had come up. Aries now refused to speak at all and Taurus didn't want to hear his voice anymore so it turned out to be a win win situation.

No wonder they treat him like a kid, thought Taurus. He is one!! This little bitch needs to grow the hell up. I just hope he can fight as well as he pisses people off.

"So how far are we anyway?" asked Aries. "Where the hell is this junkyard?"
"Only two more blocks," replied Taurus glad that he hadn't asked some retarded ass question. "And we'll make it before the time that Capricorn predicted." Taurus let a small smile cross his face but swiped it away just as fast to avoid any confrontation with aries.

They turned a corner and continued down the shockingly empty city streets.

"Look at this thing!!"

Chris came sliding down his mountain with a wierd object in his hand. Enka came running from around another pile and stopped just in front of Chris. They stared at the strange metal device in his hands. Chris turned it end over end and examined the back. It just looked like some old rusty piece of junk but Chris felt as if it was more.

Suddenly a piece of trash went flying off a pile nearby. Chris and Enka looked up quickly and stared at the junk that had just flown randomly off its pile. Then a voice came from the entrance to the junkyard.

"Well, well, well," said Aries. "What have we here? Wait a sec... is that who I think it is? Is that you Pisces?"

Enka looked up shocked. Chris began to pile thoughts on in his head. What the hell? Another former member of the Zodiac is in the guild? His mind was getting more jumbled by the second.

"Now now Aries," said Taurus as he entered the junkyard. "Lets not scare them. I'm sure you remember us then right Pisces?"
"I don't go by that name anymore!!" yelled Enka in reply. "It's Enka now."
"Enka?" questioned Aries. "Well I still go by Aires."
"And I still go by Taurus. Guess we all know each oth- Wait just a tick."

Taurus pulled out a folded up picture from his pocket. He looked at it for a sec and then placed it back. He turned and nodded at Aries. Aries suddenly got a huge smile on his face and stepped forward slowly. He started chuckling and then began laughing maniacally.

Aries took in a big breath and let his chest expand and then empty slowly and calmly. He opened his eyes and his arms shot straight out to either side. Then from his shoulders, a strange silvery liquid moved down his arms until it wrapped around and encased his entire arms up to his fingertips. Then it solidified into pure metal.

"I haven't been able to do this in a while," he said. Chris knew this wasn't going to end well. He set down te object in his hands and reached with both arms into his back pockets and pulled out two identical modified pistols. Aries looked at both of them and smiled.

"Oh please," said Aries smuggly. "Make my day."

Chris began sprinting sideways and raised both of his guns and began firing wildly. As the bullets exited the barrels of his guns, only one thought went through his head on repeat: Get rid of those fucking arms! One by one the bullets made B-lines to Aries' arms and one by one glanced off without leaving so much as a scratch. Chris stopped and looked at his guns and was baffled. Why hadn't they done anything?

Suddenly Aries was standing right in front of him. He was just smiling his ass off.

"They're metal you fucking idiot!!" A blazing fast right uppercut collided with Chris' chin, nearly smashing apart his bottom jaw. He went flying throught the air and landed next to where he had been next to Enka.

Enka sighed with a worried expression on his face. His pupils seemed to get smaller as the expression on his face turned from worry to rage.

"I was hoping not to do this," said Enka. "But let's go you Zodiac scum!!!"
Enka threw back his right arm straight but instead of going straight, it kept bending past his elbow. When it finally stopped, the skin in side his elbow ripped apart to reveal a small rip cord of metal wire. He grabbed it with his left hand and pulled hard.

A low whirring began to sound off from his arm. He flipped it back into place. Steam began to slowly rise from his forearm as the skin was ripped and melted off. The peeling burning skin fell away to reveal a black steel contraption that slightly resembled an arm.

Enka smiled and examined the whirring cogs and gears inside.
"I haven't given badboy action in a while. I hope his aim is still as good as it used to be."
Aries got a funny look on his face. It was a cross between nostalgia and fear.
"I remember that thing... oh shit."

Before he had even finished his sentence, Enka was moving at an unbelievable speed. As he sprinted around the junkyard he raised his arm and took aim at Aries. Upon closer inspection, there were holes in the ends of his fingers. A small clicking noise was audible and suddenly bullets flew from the ends of his fingers straight at Aries' head.

"Son of a-" Aries was staring five spinning bullets in the face.

Enka was smiling yet again as he turned and walked back to help Chris to his feet. He pulled Chris up and gave him a big smile.
"You alright man?" he asked. Chris stared behind him. He pointed and Enka's smile vanished. He turned around quickly with a follow up punch as if expecting an attack. His black metal fist collided with Aries' steel arm. Aries grabbed his arm and winced. There was a huge dent across his fist.

"How the hell did you survive that?" asked Enka shocked. Aries' fist bubbled and solidified and the dent was gone. He looked at Enka and smiled. Suddenly his whole head became encased in steel.
"My arms aren't the only thing I can make metal retard."
"Watch yourself Aries," entered Taurus. "Be careful. Mind your surroundings. You know what happens when you get angry."
"Oh shut up Taurus. I can handle these punks. You bitches are going down."

Chris began to back away and his foot hit something. He looked down and saw the strange object he had set down right before getting into the fight. Picking it up he accidentally hit somethingon the back and it began to shake. He freaked out and tried to drop it but it wouldn't leave his hands. Then it began to glow vibrantly.

Taurus was watching carefully and his eyes widened in shock.
"Aries," he said. "Back up and be careful."

There was strange symbol on Chris' forehead. Aries made his whole body metal in preperation. Chris closed his eyes and began to float into the air.
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 8​

tdc456

I know that it has been much too long to wait for a new chapter so I promise that there will be a new chapter tomorrow.
Just to keep you readers in good faith, I'm going to post this small preview of the next chapter.

-PREVIEW-​
Chris awoke in a haze in the junkyard. Enka stood holding his left arm which was bleeding profusely from the shoulder. It, just as his right arm, was really made of a special bullet-proof metal with a strange attachment.

How long had he been out? The last thing he remembered was Aries about to kill both him and Enka and then that wierd artifact glowing. After that, everyting was black and forgotten. What had happened?

Taurus was gone and Aries lay dead on the ground at his feet. He had blood coming from every pore in his body. What had happened to them while he was out?

"You have been out cold for about a minute or so. Not that much happened," said Enka looking at him nervously.
"What happened to him?" asked Chris pointing to Aries' limp body.
"Well..."
look forward to the next chapter​

Hope you enjoyed this preview of tomorrows chapter.
Stay subscribed to see more.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I only read the first few chapters, but it's pretty interesting so far. I definitely get that "Shounen Jump" feel when I read this. Though, you should work on your descriptions (I found them a bit vague, forcing the reader to compensate) and be more concise (for example, some times you add in adverbs that don't really need to be there).

All in all, nice job! I'll finish it up later.

tdc456

This really was an idea that I had for an anime a while back and I decided to make a story for it on here.
Thanks for the tips. I've been trying really hard to work on the descriptions so far.
This is only my second story I've ever written so I'm still pretty new to the whole writing thing.

tdc456

I know I've made you wait and for that I apologize deeply.
I finally got the time to update my story.
So enjoy the next chapter.
"I knew this would happen eventually."
"What's wrong Leo?"
"He awakened, it was for a short time but it happened."
"It can't be. Capricorn said that it wouldn't happen for another few weeks."
"It happened Virgo. It's time to move at double pace."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 8: The Scales of Judgement​

Aries cowered backwards. He wanted to run but something wasn't letting him. Taurus just stood still in shock and watched on in horror. Enka followed Chris with his eyes as he rose slowly into the air.

He stopped rising and opened his eyes. They were glowing different colors. One was his normal blue, the other was yellow. Something began to materialize in front of him. It was a set of giant scales. Chris spoke but it wasn't his voice. This voice was loud and deep. It echoed through the junkyard.

"You wish to kill me?" he asked Aries. "Well before you can be given the chance, we must judge your soul. It will be weighed against the feather."
A glowing white feather appeared on one side of the scales. An outline of Aries appeared on the other. Now he couldn' move at all. He noticed that he was slowly being lifted into the air to face Chris. His eyes caught the symbol onhis head. It was the symbol of Libra, the Scales.

"Now let the judment begin!"
The scales began to tip and sway up and down on both sides for a nerve-racking 30 seconds. Finally they came to rest with Aries sitting lower that the feather.
"It is done," said Chris. The scales dissappeared and Aries was held still in the air. Chris raised his arms out to point towards him. Aries fully metal body trembled from the sight. "You don't deserve to live."

Chris clenched his fists and pulled his arms out slowly to either side. Aries' face began to tighten in pain.
"GAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" It seemed as if Aries' skin was slowly being pulled outward. The metal was being removed from his entire body at once.

"Now you're finished!!" The silver liquid metal shot out in all directions along with Aries' blood as he fell to the ground, blood pouring from every open spot on his body. Chris' eyes closed as he swayed and fell to the ground and knocked out.

"Chris!!" yelled Enka as he ran to his side. "Wake up man. What the hell was that?"
"I don't know what he did to Aries but you're gonna pay for it," Taurus said as he walked towards Enka. He reached down and grabbed him by the hair and lifted him until they were face to face. "Time to die little one." He threw Enka hard into the nearest pile of junk.

Taurus bent over slightly and grabbed his right shoulder with his left hand. It looked as if his shoulder blade was rising out of his body. His shirt began to rip and a huge minigun raised from his back and came to rest on his shoulder. He squeezed hard on his arm and the gun began to spin.

"I'm gonna enjoy this," he said as he gave his arm one hard tug. Bullets flew like bees from their hive into the pile of trash Enka was in. Taurus turned from side to side slowly annihilating the trash in front of him.

After about a minute of firing, he let his arm go and looked the smoke. When it cleared, he was shocked at the sight. Enka was perfectly unharmed. On his left arm was a masiive spinning sheild made of what looked like red light. It slowed to a stop and shut off, returning into his mechanical arm.

Enka jumped to his feet and patted the dust off his pants.
"You're gonna need more than that little thing to kill me," he said Taurus. Taurus winced in anger.
"You're just as arrogant as you used to be you little prick," he replyed. "No respect for your elde-"

Enka's foot collided with his chin sending him reeling backwards to stand up straight. Enka charged at him and released something in his right arm. His forearm flipped around and locked into place. His hand was no longer there but was replaced by a large barrel. He jammed the end of it directly into Taurus' stomach.

"Sayonara douchebag," Enka said as he fired. He moved back and returned his arm to its original position. On Taurus' belly was a small black device counting down from thirty. Taurus looked at it and freaked out. The minigun on his back returned into his body and he ran from the junkyard.

He got no more than twenty feet away from the junkyard when the bomb exploded. Enka watched him disappear with delight.

Enka winced and grabbed his shoulder on his left. The force of those bullets still caused the recoil to rip an artery.

Chris awoke in a haze in the junkyard. Enka stood holding his left arm which was bleeding profusely from the shoulder. It, just as his right arm, was really made of a special bullet-proof metal with a strange attachment.

How long had he been out? The last thing he remembered was Aries about to kill both him and Enka and then that wierd artifact glowing. After that, everyting was black and forgotten. What had happened?

Taurus was gone and Aries lay dead on the ground at his feet. He had blood coming from every pore in his body. What had happened to them while he was out?

"You have been out cold for about a minute or so. Not that much happened," said Enka looking at him nervously.
"What happened to him?" asked Chris pointing to Aries' limp body.
"Well..."
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 9​

Tell me what you think.

tdc456

I just want o anyone who is reading this to know that I'll be writing and posting many more chapters in the next few weeks so if you want to catch up, feel free to read up on the last few chapters.

tdc456

I know its been a while.
Hopefully people are still reading this story.
Here is the next chapter.
Its another little step forward.
But it matters. Please enjoy.
"What a fuckin' brat."
"How the hell did he do that, Leo?"
"I don't know. Just calm down, you two."
"Well now what?"
"I'm surprised he survived it, but Taurus is in repair now."
"I have a little clean-up to take care of so hold down the fort Virgo."
"No problem, Leo."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 9: The Lion's Strike​

A week after the fight in the junkyard, Chris has been hard at work getting the hang of his powers. Teamwork training has been going well with Kibo and Enka. Isaac has yet to show just how good at fighting he really is, but Chris doesn't seem to care.

"Should I teach it to him?"
"Pleeeease show me!!!"
"Aww, why make him wait?"
"Ok, fine."

Chris watched in amazement as Kibo flipped his special eye into place. He removed a rather large hunting knife from his holster in his back pocket. He flipped it around in his hand over and over again. It rested on the tip of his middle finger.

"Watch closely," he uttered quietly. With the slightest flick of his wrist, the knife flew in a massive arc around the room, decapitating all the target dolls in the room. Kibo then caught it lightly and stuck back in its holster.

"How do you do that?" Chris asked in amazement. "Can I do it too?"
"It's actually something only I can do," replied Kibo. "Sorry, buddy. I wish I could teach you but its impossible. You would have to have an eye like mine. It gives me pinpoint accuracy. As well as a slight ability to see a few seconds into the future."
"No way!!"
"Yeah, but... If I over use it, my eye begins to bleed. If I don't stop after that, I could go blind."

Chris sat down slightly depressed. All he could do was manipulate bullets while Kibo had pinpoint accuracy with anything he threw and Enka was basically half-machine. He felt like the biggest odd man out. Suddenly Isaac burst into the room yelling his head off.

"We've spotted him!!!"
"What do you mean?" asked Enka frantically.
"Leo," replied Isaac quickly. "He actually managed to give up his position. If we can catch him in a pincer attack, we might be able to take him out."

Everyone ran to the briefing rom as fast as their feet could carry them.

Not a few hours later, Chris, Enka, and Kibo were more than 1,000 miles away looking for Leo. He had last been seen only 3 miles from their current position. They had been traveling for the longest time and they were almost right behind him.

The three of them jumped up to the nearest rooftop and decided to get a good vantage point on the surrounding area. In just a few seconds Enka was freaking out.

"Everyone get down," he whispered harshly. "Someone is down in the street."

When they looked down, a horrible sight met their eyes. The street below was filled with dead bodies. Some lying with missing limbs, others bleeding and mangled in the most gruesome ways. Then Chris saw what Enka was talking about. In the intersection below were two men. One was holding a massive assault rifle and the other had two katanas sheathed on his back. They just barely managed to hear what they were saying.

"...said that you were coming," said the man with the gun.
"And he was right about that. But he failed to tell you that he and everyone here would die," replied the katana-wearing man.
"Are you kidding? You put your swords away and I still have a gun to your face. You think you can survive the bullets from this gun?"
"HA!!! You honestly think that you can handle the strongest of the Zodiac?"

The boys on the rooftop looked from at one another in a way they had never before looked at anyone. It was as if all their lives were in grave danger. The boy in the street below was Leo.

"You aren't so tough," replied the stupidly confident man. "I've seen 4 year olds scarier than you."
"I'll make you eat those words you foolish bastard," countered Leo. He reached back and unsheathed just his right sword with his right hand. It simply came to rest at his side.
"You aren't going to charge me?"

Leo simply smiled. A half-second later, Leo was 10 feet behind the man with the gun and his sword was straight out like he had just slashed his stomach open. Chris could just barely see it, but suddenly he saw a strange glint of a light flashing all aound the man's body. Just as it was too late, he realized that it was pah that Leo's sword had taken as he ran by with blinding speed.

When they heard the click of Leo re-sheathing his blade, the man's body erupted into blood and he fell into several different pieces on the ground. Leo stood silent for a few seconds. Suddenly he turned and Chris met his eyes with his. It seemed for a second as if they were reading each other's minds. And another half-second later, Leo had vanished into thin air.

All he left behind was a massacre of epic proportions and one horrible clean-up for the Guild.
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 10​

Hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it.
I only skipped a week in the storyline because nothing at all happened of any importance in that week.
Please tell me what you think of this chapter.

tdc456

Please someone give me a little feedback on this story.
I really want to improve it and make it into something great.
Tell me what you think of it and tell more people about it.

tdc456

Since I'm extremely sick right now, I thought that I would go ahead and write another chapter.
In this chapter, much is revealed about the Zodiac and its members.
"Why didn't you just kill them, Leo?"
"Why would I? Besides, I want to see how much they will grow."
"Hmph. That's almost caring of you."
"Don't get smug with me Virgo."
"I'm just saying that our troubles would have been done with right then and there."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 10: The Game Begins​

The air in the room was filled with silence. Everyone just looked down at the table. What could any of them say anyway? It was apparent to the Guild that the Zodiac was stronger than anyone had anticipated. Chris, Kibo, and Enka tried to explain what Leo had done, but no one had an explanation. Their hopes were falling away before their eyes.

Just as Enka was about to speak, Isaac entered the room. He carried an extremely thick folder with him. By the size, of it, you would have thought that it had years worth of intelligence in it. He slammed it down on the table. The sound resonated against the walls. It made Chris' brain shake in a small way.

"Well..." sid Isaac. "I guess there's no helping it now. It has recently been brought to my attention that Leo had massacred several hundred men single-handedly. So now we must begin our final plan to completely eradicate all traces of the Zodiac. I have brought this folder here today because, it contains everything we have ever known about the Zodiac and its members."

The room was now even more silent than before. Not because they were nervous, but because everyone wanted to know what was in the folder. Chris' mind began to race at the possibilities of the info in the file.

"First things first," Isaac said as he walked to a blank whiteboard. "Based on what we know of the Zodiac's power, we have ranked them from weakest to strongest." Isaac then began writing all the names of the Zodiac symbols. He even numbered them.

9. Capricorn
8. Cancer
7. Aquarius
6. Scorpio
5. Aries (deceased)
4. Gemini
3. Taurus (deceased)
2. Virgo
1. Leo

Chris looked at the list and smiled at the two names labeled "deceased". After all, one of those kills belonged to him. The other was from Enka. He then also realized that he had already faced numbers 8 and 6. He managed to injure both of them, but he remembered how much trouble they were.

"I will now explain what we know about each seperate member."

Isaac sat back down. He began quickly flipping through the pages of the folder. "Ah, here we go." He removed a big bunch of papers all stapled together. Managing a closer look, Chis saw that they were seperate profiles for each Zodiac member.

"From the top then," Isaac looked at the first sheet for a second. "Capricorn. He is considered the weakest yet most valuable member of the Zodiac. This is so because he has the ability to see the future. Unfortunately for him, thats the only power he has."

"Then he'll be a cake walk right?" asked Enka confidently. "If thats it, then he can't fight at all."

"Don't be so sure," countered Isaac. "In a fight he could possibly see all your moves before you do. If we do manage to encounter him, be very careful." Enka lowered his head like a sad dog. Kibo giggled a little at this reaction. He then winked at Chris. He smiled but had no idea what Kibo had meant by it.

"Cancer has special bracelets that only respond to her mind waves. They transform into crab claws around her hands and when in this form, they are able to fire any type of ammo she can think of." Chris remembered his fight with the little pink-haired girl from a month ago. What a bitch, he thought to himself.

"Aquarius is able to clone herself several times over. Scorpio has control over a strange set of straps around his arms. He also wear shoes equipped with automatic pistols on the heels. Aries had the power to maniulate metal but Chris made short work of him." Chris got a little shy at this comment.

"It was nothing," he said modestly. "Really... I don't even know what I did."

"All that matters is that one of the Zodiac is dead thanks to you," chimed in Kibo. "You should be proud of yourself."

"Ahem... back to the task at hand," cut in Isaac. "Gemini is a strange one. The only description of his powers that we have is that he is able to change the structure of his DNA. None of us or our research team could figure out what that means. I guess we will just have to wait until we encounter him. Taurus had several heavy class weapons stored in his body. This included an RPG, a mini-gun, and a small cannon of some kind. But he has also been eliminated as well. Thanks to Enka."

"I sure am glad you gave me that time-bomb attachment." Enka had a huge smile on his face again.

"As for Leo and Virgo," sighed Isaac. "we know almost nothing about them. They've managed to stay off the radar for years. For Virgo, all we have is a quote from one of our former members, which reads: "She messes with your head, man. Makes you say things and see some wierd shit." As for what that translates to, we have to wait and see. Leo is a whole nother story."

Enka, Chris, and Kibo exchanged worried glances with each other.

"This is the first account we have ever had of his powers and they don't seem to add up. He appears to be extremely fast. Faster than the speed of light even. He cut a man into 10 pieces in less than half-a-second. He clearly wasn't lying when he said that he was the strongest in the Zodiac."

Suddenly, the room was filled with talking and discussion of what to do next.

"Hold on, hold on," yelled Isaac. "Starting now, our mission is to head down the list. We are going to take them out one by one. We have tabs on three of them so we'll find them fast."

"So when are we moving out then?" asked Kibo nervously. "And who are we going after?"

"Tomorrow morning..." Isaac was silent for a good ten seconds. "Chris and I will move after Scorpio and Gemini."

Chris sat in awe. Already they were skipping at least four people on the list and going after 6 and 4? He wondered where this would eventually lead him. And would he be able to handle them? Only time would tell.
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 11​

Obviously one of my longer chapters.
This is sort of the lead up to the climax of the story.
You could even say that it will end soon.
But trust me, I have at least another 15 chapters left in the story.
Please tell me what you think.

tdc456

I would like to invite everyone reading this story to read the first chapter of my new project.
It is called Solstice: First Equinox.
It is a new original story I'm working on.
Feel free to use the link in my sig to take a quick read of Chapter 1.
Please let me know what you think of it in it's thread.
Thanks again.

tdc456

Here is the next chapter for you.
This is a quick intro to the fight that will occur next chapter.
Please enjoy.
"Fools. All of them."
"Why do you say that Leo?"
"They're going after Scorpio and Gemini."
"And..?"
"Capricorn already told them. Interception is key to eliminating them."
"Plus those two together in a fight is quite a deadly combination."

Brittle Bullet
Chapter 11: The Appearence of the Hybrid​

The ceiling almost seemed like a shield at the moment. Chris simply stared longingly at it almost as if it would protect him from whatever was out to get him. Ignoring the fact that he and Isaac were supposed to be packing for their trip, he just layed there listening to the room breath.

Silence always suited him. He never spoke in class. Only said small sentences, even to people he knew. Now his life has taken a head spin into oblivion. His world was falling apart around him and a new one was replacing it. He sat up slowly and slumped his shoulders. In is right hand sat a pistol. It was the same pistol that Isaac had given him the first day that they had met.

It's bullet was the one that had shot Scorpio the first time he used his powers. Remembering this made Chris question his own mortality. Why do I have these powers? Is there more to them that even Isaac doesn't know? His imagination ran wild as he tried to imagine what else his primary ability could lead to.

Then his mind took a bad turn. What if one of them does kill me? What then? And if I do die, how will it happen? Chris hung his head low. His depression had never been so bad before. Just as he raised his gun to his temple, the door of his room came crashing open. Isaac was the one that busted it open.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU"RE DOING?" Isacc yelled as he jumped across the room and tackled Chris. He wrestled the gun from his hand. He stood back up brushing the dust off his pants. "You're supposed to be packing. Not trying to kill yourself. Get back to putting your stuff together." Just as he handed the gun back to him, Isaac noticed the look on his face. "What's wrong with you lately? Ever since getting rid of Aries, you haven't been the same."

Chris shook a little as the image of Aries' dead body flashed through his mind. His words stumbled on themselves but he finally managed to get out his thought.

"What if I die out there?" he asked with small tears forming in his eyes. "What then?"
"You're not going to. We'll all protect you with our lives. You are after all our only hope of ever defeating the Zodiac. Just get your stuff together so we can get out of here."

Chris, slightly reassured, got back to packing his things. Isaac smiled and left the room. Chris zipped his bag shut and followed quickly.

Downstairs, everyone was waiting to wish them good luck and goodbye. Kibo and Enka both ran up and gave Chris big hugs. Enka even had a small gift for Chris.

"Not yet," said Enka cutting off Chris' motion to open it. "Open it when you think the time is right." He simply smiled and pushed him out the door.

Chris and Isaac stood side by side on the empty city street. The sun was just rising over the hills. Its golden light reflected off of Isaac's silver hair. From this angle, Chris could see his other eye that was always under his bangs. It appeared to be closed. He thought nothing of it and just followed Isaac's every move.

Scorpio sat on a big wooden crate. The empty hangar was echoing even the smallest noise. He looked down at the figure standing in the shadows of the corner. Scorpio smiled and ran his hand through his messy black hair.

"Won't he be surprised?" asked Scorpio giggling. "To see both of us here at once. Capricorn sure was right about last time. Hopefully he's consistent." The figure shook a little.

"Don't mock Capricorn," said the figure. It was the voice of a boy. "He is more valuable to the Zodiac than either of us could ever hope to be."

"Ya' don't hafta talk like that in fronta me ya' know," replied Scorpio seriously. "we are after all the only ones here. Besides, I know Leo told you what was on his mind."

"I'm being serious though," countered the boy. "We definitely need to watch him closely."

Chris and Isaac walked along the empty runway at an abandoned airport. They surveyed the area as they walked on. Straight at the other end of the runway was an old hangar.

"This isn't good," muttered Isaac. He set down all of his stuff and Chris followed suit. "That door shouldn't be open already."

Chris stared hard and also saw that the hangar was wide open. What was worrying Isaac so much?

"Let's go see who is here to see us," Isaac began sprinting towards the hangar. Chris kept up the best that he could.

As they approached, they were shocked to find what was waiting. A boy walked out of the hangar. His messy black air and loose fitting clothing were vague. But it was the straps on his arms that gave him away. He took a stance that showed off his gun-shoes. His smile got extremely wide.

"Well, what do you know? Capricorn was right again. Go figure," Scorpio stated condescendingly. "Long time no see Libra. I see you brought that loser again."

Isaac glared at Scorpio and his face became filled with anger. "I'll show you the loser here you little prick. I've got years more experience than you."

"And my name isn't Libra," butted in Chris. "That may be my sign but its not my name. It's Chris. I'll teach you to remember that."

Scorpio shook sarcastically. "Oooooo, I'm so afraid." He laughed maniacally. The laughter grew and echoed out of the hangar behind him. "Well I've got someone here that would love to hear you say that."

Isaac and Chris looked at each other dumbfounded. What the hell was he talking about?

"HEY!!" called Scorpio back into the hangar. "THEY"RE HERE GEMINI!!!"

Isaac stepped back afraid. Chris simply waited for Gemini to exit the hangar. Footsteps could be heard just inside the entrance to the hangar. Chris could only stand stark still, paralyzed with shock.

Standing where he expected Gemini to be... was his best friend Zach.
To be continued in
B.B. Chapter 12​

Let me know what you think.

tdc456

I know I haven't put up a chapter in a while.
School has kept me super busy.
The next chapter will go up by friday at the latest.
Please be patient and you won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back