• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BRAINS... (UT'99)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
ITS BACK...!

After being gone a few years, I have decided to renew the UT'99 server.
Currently in the process of setting up the configurations again. This time around will feature dozens of unplayed maps and voice systems.

The server is currently up sporadically for beta testing & fixes.. pushing for a Friday launch of the whole shebang.

It should also be noted that this is a non-official KHI server.

Will post the UT server tag & ip address when configurations are complete and I am satisfied the server won't cause many problems.

The voice system currently being tested is mumble. If necessary may switch to a channel system such as TS3.

Details for the voice server:
mumble://66.135.59.124:3162

Lastly, you are on your own for finding the game itself.
And the server will be around for a while. ;)

D

Deleted member 36435

oh, hello azurith

i will definitely be getting into this

Azurith

Awards
Server is online:
ZomB Unreal Server: 68.232.164.14
Port:7777 (unreal default)
Password: brains

Currently configured for 6 players minimum (bot configs), and 12 max.
Also configured is map voting. When first connecting it will ask for a hotkey to be assigned. I highly recommend doing so, but
the vote options will display automatically after each match anyways.

Current gametypes and map configs are defaults. Will look towards getting some MonsterHunt and modified weapons (*cough*zark!*cough*) & skin/voice packs added.

If anyone is interested in a specific map or skin/voicepack to be added please respond here.

Lastly, I look forward to pwning you all. ^.^

VirusCoreHacker

<Azurith> Vch, never a good idea to snipe me on ctf face.. lol
<VCH> :(
<Azurith> I snipe back
<Azurith> You can run, but you can't teleport.

He then proceeded to spawn snipe me 4 times in a row.

Trag

Bronze Member
Ah, I've missed this game <: Thanks for hosting a server!

Azurith

Awards
So a few quick updates:

The Good: Monsterhunt should be going live sometime over the weekend along with new maps.. maybe..
The Bad: New mapvote system with mutators is enabled. Can you say low grav & instagib?!?
The Ugly: New map system seems to pick random maps. :( (Pick CTF-Face and it loads DM-Morbias, etc.)
Though I have reason to believe it is a configuration issue with the mods and not the mapvote system itself.

Other thoughts: Will be removing the zark rifles for the time being.

Any other maps/mods/suggestions are welcome. ^.^

_____
Update: "Captain" and "Monster Hunt" game modes are now functional.
New weapon packs have been added and can be voted for with the ???????? button for now.
Server has been updated to download much faster and should no longer take more than 5-10 seconds to download a map or updates.

Coming soon will be the Teamspeak integration with the server. (Does not function currently.)

Lastly, all maps that were previously unworkable have been removed for causing issues with the mapvote system. New maps have been added in their place.

Azurith

Awards
So alot of updates have been done recently.

1. Bad maps (cause vote rotation errors) have been removed. If you come across a map that won't load correctly please let me know.
2. Server has been updated to redirect downloads.. which means faster updates (5-10 secs on avg) and won't interfere with current player's pings.
3. Monsterhunt and Monster Arena maps are now live. ^.^ (Woot!)
4. Server stats/rank system now in place. You can check rankings here: Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats
Current rankings are temporary and will be reset tomorrow and updated with the official rankings.
Official rankings start after this post.
5. Added low grav & jump match mods to vote function. (Insane jumping, very fun on CTF-Face & CTF-LavaGiant maps.)
6. Players can access the player/mod system via typing "!open" into the chat. (It allows players to send private messages, etc.)

Next weekend I will be working on getting the teamspeak integration finished. Basically you would be able to join the server and have teamspeak autoconnect you into your team's chat channel. ^.^

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Bumping this for awareness. This week is kinda bad for me as far as my free time goes, but I implore all of you guys to play this!

monkeyboy7

I've been looking everywhere for a decent server! What's the learning curve for the game, though? I'm not a novice to FPS, but I get the impression games like UT and CS:S are on a whole different level of competitive gaming.

Azurith

Awards
I've been looking everywhere for a decent server! What's the learning curve for the game, though? I'm not a novice to FPS, but I get the impression games like UT and CS:S are on a whole different level of competitive gaming.

Not only is it easy to get started, UT has a training tutorial to show the basic ropes of the game before getting started. I highly recommend doing a few practice sessions via the single player mode before venturing online.

Secondly, Dogen's advice is sound. There *is* a steep learning curve between being "good" and being "inhuman/godlike". The server is setup so that if you are on it alone the bots should match your skill level and make it easier to get better.

Of course that won't help against me, since I know every trick in the book.
(I was playing UT since about 2001-2002ish..)

Then again "instagib" is the great equalizer. A hit with that mode is ALWAYS a kill.
Period. So even a new player could take on a veteran with that.

Azurith

Awards
So everytime I have checked, the server is a ghost town.
Mostly due to people playing at different times and being bored with bots.

So I think it would be a good idea to come up with a specific time/day that might be good for people to play.
Please post the best day/time you are available and the timezone(+/-GMT).

For example, the server is in US CST (-6GMT). I usually play about 7-9PMish Central.
So: 7-9PM CST (-6GMT) on Fridays-Sundays would be best for me.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Gonna shamelessly bump this as I'm disappointed at the lack of interest. I'll download it as soon as I get home. Will be great to play with you all again... if people are using the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back