• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

birth by sleep and the secret ending

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I thought you meant the entire goal of BBS was for VAT to find their keyblades, which might not actually be real keyblades since they are without keychains. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I like that idea. I don't see why the keychains were so important to have an authentic game. Maybe I'm just ignorant of the real reason, I'm not sure.

Ybotx

i think the keychains are important for the keyblade to keep the shape that it is. What if the hearts of all worlds depends on the keychain? what if each world has it's own keychain and gives it to the current keyblade weilder thus giving him/her the power of that world? I could be thinking too much into it but it sounds good at least ^_^

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
it's cool man. It happens. But what if the 'true' keyblades don't require a keychain?

But Master Xehanort's Keyblade has a keychain...

I think, actually, that Keychains are a sign of having completed one's training as a Keyblade apprentice. Hence, Terra, Aqua, and Ven do not have Keychains.

The DS's Keyblade does have a Keychain because I'm guessing that by the time of the end of BBS, the DS has "completed his training". Either that or MX gave a Keychain to him to make his Keyblade stronger.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
But Master Xehanort's Keyblade has a keychain...

I think, actually, that Keychains are a sign of having completed one's training as a Keyblade apprentice. Hence, Terra, Aqua, and Ven do not have Keychains.

The DS's Keyblade does have a Keychain because I'm guessing that by the time of the end of BBS, the DS has "completed his training". Either that or MX gave a Keychain to him to make his Keyblade stronger.

Maybe it's just me but I see the Keychains as a sort of gift perhaps. Maybe a thankyou present. A lot of Sora's keychains have been a gift or a prize if not all of them. Some stages he randomly finds them which is cool too but Sora I don't think has ever done any training appart from whe he practices in Herc's world.

I know we aren't really talking about Sora but yeah.

Thinking over it perhaps your theory is right as is mine as that perhaps not always the sign of completing traing but perhaps a simbolisation of a friendship or a part in their life.

Last edited:

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
I get the idea that the keychains are like modifiers.

I have a theory on the keychains..here's my thoughts on it.

I think that perhaps you only get a chain on your keyblade when you complete training in this case or when you become worthy to be a keyblade "master", as Riku and Sora both were. How, I have no idea. but, it could explain why Mickey's Star Seeker had one and not VAT's. I noticed the other day when watching a video of the Terra fight that his keyblade has a little thing at the end where one would hook up a chain (no this was no "glitch in the video" or something like that.) YouTube - Terra cutscene, english subs. Pause it at exactly 1:32 and you should see what i'm talking about.

But anyways, i'm thinking that maybe the DS has earned his chain in MX's eyes, and VAT still have training to do to get theirs. Thats not to say they get them in the game, because clearly they don't. But that makes me wonder..how is Terra's key gonna change shape when he gets stronger keys..? Thats just my thoughts on it. Whaddaya think?

Hanzo

It's not the very end. Also it says three people will meet up during certains times thats more than once. Also Aqua might not be the 3rd character it could be Mickey. Another thing the end could be anywhere/ anything. The end of MX, the end of the prologue, the end of a chapter, the end of the mysterious of the game. It could be anything and it's not the end of the game. None of the games that ever came out in the years of games showed the end of the game going to be released unless you can tell me one.

Xerrat

Man, Xirsch, I swear you've been reading my mind when it came down to that theory! I believe, also, that a keychain is more the symbol of a 'keyblade Master' and that Ven, Terra and Aqua had not earned theirs yet from their master. The whole giving of a keychain to the Dark Soldier actually seems to fit the general profile of those who are evil.

After all, Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier DID want the edge in that battle...

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Man, Xirsch, I swear you've been reading my mind when it came down to that theory! I believe, also, that a keychain is more the symbol of a 'keyblade Master' and that Ven, Terra and Aqua had not earned theirs yet from their master. The whole giving of a keychain to the Dark Soldier actually seems to fit the general profile of those who are evil.

After all, Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier DID want the edge in that battle...

Haha. Cool. ^.^ GMTA. ;D! (Great minds think alike)

But yeah. The thought just kinda popped into my head when I was watching the secret ending again trying to get ideas. I just started thinking about why their keyblades don't have chains, but they have a place for one. Strange. So like I said. Maybe they have to earn them.

Stars

リク
I have a theory on the keychains..here's my thoughts on it.

I think that perhaps you only get a chain on your keyblade when you complete training in this case or when you become worthy to be a keyblade "master", as Riku and Sora both were. How, I have no idea. but, it could explain why Mickey's Star Seeker had one and not VAT's. I noticed the other day when watching a video of the Terra fight that his keyblade has a little thing at the end where one would hook up a chain (no this was no "glitch in the video" or something like that.) YouTube - Terra cutscene, english subs. Pause it at exactly 1:32 and you should see what i'm talking about.

But anyways, i'm thinking that maybe the DS has earned his chain in MX's eyes, and VAT still have training to do to get theirs. Thats not to say they get them in the game, because clearly they don't. But that makes me wonder..how is Terra's key gonna change shape when he gets stronger keys..? Thats just my thoughts on it. Whaddaya think?

Nice thought ya
I thought that only a true master of keyblade has a keychain on their keyblade, Mickey is still on a traning..isn't he?
but how bout Sora..? he never train to use a keyblade but he has keychain on his keyblade..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back