• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Big Brother, Anyone watch it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
Hey all,

1st question, does America have big brother? i havent heard of it in USA...

2nd question, how many people actually watch big brother?

Reason why i ask is cause im auditioning for Big Brother 2008 in Australia... its the 8th season, and it seems to be fairly popular in Australia... people either love it or they hate it, but it seems to get a lot mention in the news papers etc about the contestants being to controversial or not controversial enough...

We also had Big Brother Adults Only in 2006 but it was taken off the air when a certain incident happened and the season was almost cancelled...

Anywho, tell me what you think!

P.S. to see my audition go to View and Vote on BB Applicants you dont have to nominate me to go into the house if you dont want to, but if you feel generous you have to register... it takes like 2 mins...

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I hate BB, though I watch it when it's on for shits and giggles.
The people on BB7 (UK) were so retarded, Brian and one of the twins didn't even know what the Universe was, they guessed it was our solar system -_-

When I lived in NZ, I heard about the "turkey slap" (was it?) in the Australian version ...

lightdark

Noooo!!!! Don't do it.

I agree with the person above. UK Big Brother always have a house full of idiots, that are just in there for the fame. (-__-)

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Yes yes yes we have big brother in the us. I LOVE BIG BROTHER. Its so popular they are about to start its 9th season 5 months early in febuary. i don't know if you guys have this in australia but here we can purchase live feeds and watch the house guests 24-7! its awesome. it really changes your perspetive on the show. i can understand how people who watch the crappy 1 hour show on cable hate it. I cant wait till feb 12th!!! good luck getting on aussie big brother

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ah yes, Big Brother. We started it here in the UK nearly ten years ago. :p

Can't get enough of reality TV nowadays. X Factor, Dancing On Ice, I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here! are just some of the shows that I watch.

But I must admit that Big Brother UK is running out of ideas and is becoming somewhat racist. Some of you may know of the Shilpa Shetty situation (even though in my opinion, it wasn't racist at all) and the Emily thing with Charley.

I do like it, but the standards are lowering fast.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
But I must admit that Big Brother UK is running out of ideas and is becoming somewhat racist. Some of you may know of the Shilpa Shetty situation (even though in my opinion, it wasn't racist at all) and the Emily thing with Charley.

I can't stand Big Brother, but unfortunately I can't get away from it in my house. In my opinion, none of those incidents were racist. D: Especially not the Shilpa Shetty incident; that was merely Jade Goody's, well, stupidity. I don't like the girl, but even I can see she wasn't deliberately racist. She was just too dumb to defend herself properly.

And on the Emily and Charley thing? Anyone else notice that Charley didn't take it offensively until quite a while after? If you look at the context of the incident, Emily's comments were not offensive at all. D:

I can't stand racism, could I add. It's pathetic.

<3

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And on the Emily and Charley thing? Anyone else notice that Charley didn't take it offensively until quite a while after? If you look at the context of the incident, Emily's comments were not offensive at all. D:

I can't stand racism, could I add. It's pathetic.

<3
I definitely noticed. She's like, "ZOMG! ZOMG! Me is guna b in da paperzzzzzzz!!"

Exactly, I actually think it slipped out by accident. But I got something to raise from this.

If someone racially insults a white person, then it's not as big as when someone racially insults a black/Asian/other skin person.

You agree much?

Don't mean to be racist, but that's my opinion.

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
i concure... white people cant be racist upon... if that makes sense...

Yeah i watched some BBUK when i went to Spain a few months ago... it was ok... your house is too small, those twins were dumb... and there was an incident where like 5 people talked about who nominated who etc... plus there were some shockers like that old lady...

1 major difference... You cant smoke in AUSBB...

I thought the last season (BB07 2007) for AUS was the best. everyone was normal... and yeah you can purchase 24/7 live streaming via the web. it cost me AUS$30 for the whole season which was pretty good, i watched it religiously.

I dunno why i wanna try out... i guess theyve never had a 19yo good-looking geek who loves anime and Video games, clothes, his hair and extremely passionate about wildlife/conservation...

i probably wouldnt have auditioned if the last season didnt appeal to me much...

Oh and yeah the turkey slapping incident is correct lol... sif no one would find out? theyre not being watched or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back