• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Being Gay in a religion that is horribly against gays.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

01blackblind

I just wanna say great job for not being scared to tell people. Because it doesn't really matter what they like, just about what you like. It's like anime to me. People think that am weird because wear all these anime shirts, and bring manga to school. I didn't listen to them because it what I like. Plus I hope it works out for the both of you.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Thanks,
you have convinced me.

Sorry, black witch rose, Luap911 says you should die.

Personally, I think you are perfectly fine.
I would think a loving god wouldnt care if you are like this. You are doing your best and the love you have is not something
to be ashamed of.
If something as pure as love can be wrong, then we really have no firm moral compass.
But, I dont think that is the case. Trust those feelings and dont regret it.

thanks bro you are awesome and i dont care about what luap says, i dont even know who he is jeez

and blackbird, thanks, you are awesome ^_^

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Sorry, black witch rose, Luap911 says you should die.

Um, no I don't.

Personally, I think you are perfectly fine.

No one is perfectly fine. In a religious view, anyways.

I would think a loving god wouldnt care if you are like this. You are doing your best and the love you have is not something
to be ashamed of.

In truth, religion aside, I find Homosexuality immoral. But, I find a lot of things immoral. I try not to condemn anyone for anything. I have no right to. I accept the way people are. Obviously, you don't accept different people though. But, I'm fine with that. Insult me, spit on me, do what you please. If you slap me, I will turn you the other cheek, and let you slap it too.

If something as pure as love can be wrong, then we really have no firm moral compass.
But, I dont think that is the case. Trust those feelings and dont regret it.

I agree with this. Love is never wrong. We are to Love everyone. No one should regret Love. Sometimes, though, Love is defined wrong.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
All I know is that Love can not be so different. If you are in love, it is the same feeling if you were in love with a boy or a girl. your still feeling the love. That is why I just dont get why it is so wrong! Why would god make me feel these feelings since i was born if they are so wrong?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I'm going to point out the Bible teaches to love everyone, and despise no one. All Christians who despise someone, through homophobia or whatever, are doing it on their own accord, and not by their religion. If they claim to be doing it through religion, for example, Westboro (ewwww), they are blasphemous.

Exactamundo, Luap.

Also would like to point out (though you more or less already did so) that the Bible teaches that all humans are imperfect: We all sin in our own ways.

All I know is that Love can not be so different. If you are in love, it is the same feeling if you were in love with a boy or a girl. your still feeling the love. That is why I just dont get why it is so wrong! Why would god make me feel these feelings since i was born if they are so wrong?

Not wanting to be rude, but are you absolutely sure that it's the same feeling when you love a girl or a boy? I'm straight, so I'll never know what it'd feel like to love another guy, but seeing as how you yourself are gay, have you yourself ever loved a girl? Truly loved a girl?

Love is Love. That much I can accept, as well as the fact that you can care/love for someone of the same sex. However, what I can't personally say is set in stone is whether or not it's the exact same feeling as it would be for someone who loves someone of the opposite sex.

In fact, from what I've seen in people I know, love translates itself in various ways in romance. A guy could fall in love with multiple different girls (or guys if he's gay) in the course of his lifetime, and each love would be felt in different ways.

Just food for thought~

Last edited:

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
It is interesting. and yes you are right about that. I have a friend who is a girl, and she tells me all the time about her being in love and things. And All I was noticing is that from what she says, it is the SAME things I am feeling for my love. Someone you love so much, it can not be so different, feeling you have them in your thoughts every moment, wanting to please them always, trusting in them, loving them no matter how far they are from you. Having butterflies in your chest and heart beating faster, its all the same symptoms am i right? And thats just something i noticed.

And no I am not sure if it is the same feeling, but it seems very similar to say the least.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
It is interesting. and yes you are right about that. I have a friend who is a girl, and she tells me all the time about her being in love and things. And All I was noticing is that from what she says, it is the SAME things I am feeling for my love. Someone you love so much, it can not be so different, feeling you have them in your thoughts every moment, wanting to please them always, trusting in them, loving them no matter how far they are from you. Having butterflies in your chest and heart beating faster, its all the same symptoms am i right? And thats just something i noticed.

And no I am not sure if it is the same feeling, but it seems very similar to say the least.

Very similar indeed. Again, Love is Love. To me at least, it seems to be that Love is like a snowflake: all are unique in their own ways.

Perhaps I was only being nitpicky, so I'll apologize if that was the case. Again, just food for thought was all I was aiming for. ^_^

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
Very similar indeed. Again, Love is Love. To me at least, it seems to be that Love is like a snowflake: all are unique in their own ways.

Perhaps I was only being nitpicky, so I'll apologize if that was the case. Again, just food for thought was all I was aiming for. ^_^

I understand, do not worry. And it is hard knowing that i love someone who apparently it is condemned in the bible, but i have my feelings and I know it is love that is all i can say. I just wish that people would be more accepting when it is not like I am trying to do this. But I always only have these feelings.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
I understand, do not worry. And it is hard knowing that i love someone who apparently it is condemned in the bible, but i have my feelings and I know it is love that is all i can say. I just wish that people would be more accepting when it is not like I am trying to do this. But I always only have these feelings.

I think it's great that you feel that way. I wish I had that kind of love too (well, I'll have to give myself more time until that happens, of course XD). That's right, Love is Love! :) It'll be okay, as long as you hold on to those feelings. I suppose there are just going to be those people who will disagree, as unfortunate as it sounds. :(

And yes, that picture of you and your boyfriend looks very adorable! :33 (I also have that Nicki Minaj gif. Hee. XD)

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
I think it's great that you feel that way. I wish I had that kind of love too (well, I'll have to give myself more time until that happens, of course XD). That's right, Love is Love! :) It'll be okay, as long as you hold on to those feelings. I suppose there are just going to be those people who will disagree, as unfortunate as it sounds. :(

And yes, that picture of you and your boyfriend looks very adorable! :33 (I also have that Nicki Minaj gif. Hee. XD)

thank you so much! you are very kind! and i hope you find your lover someday! love is a wonderful feeling and you will be sure when it has happened to you : -)

Pirates

Um, no I don't.

No one is perfectly fine. In a religious view, anyways.

In truth, religion aside, I find Homosexuality immoral. But, I find a lot of things immoral. I try not to condemn anyone for anything. I have no right to. I accept the way people are. Obviously, you don't accept different people though. But, I'm fine with that. Insult me, spit on me, do what you please. If you slap me, I will turn you the other cheek, and let you slap it too.

I agree with this. Love is never wrong. We are to Love everyone. No one should regret Love. Sometimes, though, Love is defined wrong.

To respect Black Rose Witch, I wont argue with this. This is for support, not to fight.
We have other threads for that.

I think Love should never be a sin (look, I even give it a capital letter)
You know if you are doing something wrong, people get hurt and you should know something is up.
Loving someone is never a bad thing. It hurts nothing and you gain everything.
God would be happy for you to love as he would love you.

Enjoy every moment of it!~

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I bonking don't care because if you love someone (truly), you will hang the priest and hang the bloody cheeky people.

Hang them all, wot wot!

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
To respect Black Rose Witch, I wont argue with this. This is for support, not to fight.
We have other threads for that.

I think Love should never be a sin (look, I even give it a capital letter)
You know if you are doing something wrong, people get hurt and you should know something is up.
Loving someone is never a bad thing. It hurts nothing and you gain everything.
God would be happy for you to love as he would love you.

Enjoy every moment of it!~

THANK YOU AND I WILL <3 I LOVE MY IVAN :- )
and you are very supportive and nice pirates. so thank you ! always :- )

Shadow Key

I know what you're feeling with that. Virtually my entire family are Jehovah's Witnesses, except my Mom who's disfellowshipped and has been that way since I was born. I'm torn between the two families, my Dad's side and Mom's.

Now, I'm not gay, but I do support gays even though I shouldn't. I'm dating a girl though I shouldn't as well. I think of it as this: love is love.

Whenever people at the hall talk to me, I just like to think that it's from a good place. You almost have to shrug it off and move on with your life.

the thing I find difficult to struggle with is guilt. you?

that was a mess of a post. try to make that out. :p

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I say just don't care. If it was me and I was gay, I would probably turn my back on religion entirely. There is nothing wrong with being gay so if you're in an environment where you are hated for it, I would just remove myself completely.

Not sure what exactly JW views are, but if God created EVERYONE, then he created you, and if he created you, he knew you would be gay. So I don't see why you would be condemned for it when God himself made you this way.

Excuse me if this is just wrong gibberish, I am agnostic and I don't know much about religions other than Christianity(which I know little about)

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
I know what you're feeling with that. Virtually my entire family are Jehovah's Witnesses, except my Mom who's disfellowshipped and has been that way since I was born. I'm torn between the two families, my Dad's side and Mom's.

Now, I'm not gay, but I do support gays even though I shouldn't. I'm dating a girl though I shouldn't as well. I think of it as this: love is love.

Whenever people at the hall talk to me, I just like to think that it's from a good place. You almost have to shrug it off and move on with your life.

the thing I find difficult to struggle with is guilt. you?

that was a mess of a post. try to make that out. :p

I got it and i understand. its so hard to be gay or be different or not a jw when all your family is or something. its annoying because of the expectations you have to fulfill because of it. i hate that and its so difficult for me. I feel i have to be a jw and if i dont i let my whole entire family down. it sucks. and of course i feel guilt but i also realize love is love! i dont care if its wrong in the bible. its unfair and love should be love no matter what!
I say just don't care. If it was me and I was gay, I would probably turn my back on religion entirely. There is nothing wrong with being gay so if you're in an environment where you are hated for it, I would just remove myself completely.

Not sure what exactly JW views are, but if God created EVERYONE, then he created you, and if he created you, he knew you would be gay. So I don't see why you would be condemned for it when God himself made you this way.

Excuse me if this is just wrong gibberish, I am agnostic and I don't know much about religions other than Christianity(which I know little about)

You sounded fine to me and thank you alot for your nice post. its just difficult. and its a bit harder than you think to leave but i am glad you didnt get forced to be in a religion like mine. its so hard and awful for people that have one thing wrong, you are treated like a black sheep and everyone ignores you! its stupid ! and it just can put people into depression! they can be so mean and hypocritical

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
You sounded fine to me and thank you alot for your nice post. its just difficult. and its a bit harder than you think to leave but i am glad you didnt get forced to be in a religion like mine. its so hard and awful for people that have one thing wrong, you are treated like a black sheep and everyone ignores you! its stupid ! and it just can put people into depression! they can be so mean and hypocritical
I was forced, at a young age too. Adults force you at a young age to believe in this or that without giving you time to think for youself, but that's another convo. Meaness(its a word?) and hypocrisy aren't going anywhere. You just gotta deal. There is nothing in the world that can get rid of those things. You just need some good people around you. It'll get better.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
Frankly you're old enough to make your own decisions about your religious beliefs. Change them or reject them entirely if it means a happier and less conflicted life for yourself. That's definitely hard to do, but you'll be better off in the long term not being weighed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back