• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Animated Film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Yes, I have, but I'm saying his Batman voice. I'm not trying to bag on the guy, but his acting was much better than his Batman voice. In the Dark Knight, it felt extremely forced and unnatural.

Yeah, his Batman voice is in the film at one point (the nightmare sequence where Sophie sees a completely transformed monster-bird!Howl that leaves) and again, it worked just fine. And his Batman voice worked great in Batman Begins too.

I'm not saying that I want Bale to voice Batman in The Dark Knight Returns, as he is too youthful to voice a 55 year old Batman, but his Batman voice did translate just fine into an animated film in the past.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah, his Batman voice is in the film at one point (the nightmare sequence where Sophie sees a completely transformed monster-bird!Howl that leaves) and again, it worked just fine. And his Batman voice worked great in Batman Begins too.

I'm not saying that I want Bale to voice Batman in The Dark Knight Returns, as he is too youthful to voice a 55 year old Batman, but his Batman voice did translate just fine into an animated film in the past.

I know, I'm just saying he wouldn't be voicing a bird-monster, he'd be voicing Batman.

Anyway, I agree. He is too young to voice 55-year old Bruce.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I know, I'm just saying he wouldn't be voicing a bird-monster, he'd be voicing Batman.

Your point? It's still be proven to translate well into animation, provided Bale doesn't overdo it like he did in TDK.

Anyway, I agree. He is too young to voice 55-year old Bruce.

Indeed. And honestly, as fond as I am of Kevin Conroy as Batman, I'm glad he's not in this. Like someone pointed out earlier, we need a gruffer voice for this Bruce/Batman.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Your point? It's still be proven to translate well into animation, provided Bale doesn't overdo it like he did in TDK.

Indeed. And honestly, as fond as I am of Kevin Conroy as Batman, I'm glad he's not in this. Like someone pointed out earlier, we need a gruffer voice for this Bruce/Batman.

Yeah, I became so used to Young Justice Batman, I watched Justice League Doom with Kevin Conroy as the voice and it sounded strange. Every voice of Batman is good, just in their individual places.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
sorry, what were you saying? I'm still enthralled by Batman's massive chin

It's so massive, this movie should get it's own spin-off.

"The Adventures of Batmandible"

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Have you read the comic? :/
No i have not

This version of Robin is a 13 year old female who literally went and bought her Robin costume from some costume store after a freak encounter with Batman. She's young and highly inexperienced (I think she only received 2 weeks worth of training before actively participating as Robin) and we need someone who can reflect that.
So there were six robins? I thought stepahnie was the only girl, and i dont even count her as one anyway.
And no, as much as I love the Nolan films the last thing we need is a Batman who sounds who has throat cancer. Plus, I think Bale would be waaay out of their league money wise.

EDIT: Also, what Chuman said. This version of Bruce/Batman is considerably older than what we're used to.

Because they're getting a suitable voice actor for 55-year old Batman, not younger Batman. And his voice wouldn't translate well into animation anyway.

Christian bale has voiced for animation before, Howl's moving castle. Geez 55 years old so is this gonna be the pint where he decides to step down as batman. How is support gonna be coming from a 13 year-old barely trained girl, where are all the other robins?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Christian bale has voiced for animation before, Howl's moving castle. Geez 55 years old so is this gonna be the pint where he decides to step down as batman. How is support gonna be coming from a 13 year-old barely trained girl, where are all the other robins?

This is Batman we're talking about, two weeks of Batman training is equal to two years of boot-camp.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Dear kupoing god have you ever read the Dark Knight Returns? Please just shut up, go read the comic, then complain k thanks.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
But wy is she voicing robin? If he is yuong vincent martella can d it again or jeremy shada, or some other little boy.
Why didnt they choose to use chrtian bale as the batman.

the kupo did i just read

anyway i've never been a huge fan of tdkr to be honest, it's just way too dated now and frank miller doesn't respect superman in any of the stories he writes. i'll definitely still watch this though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Micheal Ironside needs to voice Bruce. He was perfect in the Animated Series' homage to DKR.
[video=youtube;QoZLPwRCjcQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoZLPwRCjcQ[/video]

How did I miss that episode? Michael Ironside had the right tone in his voice, suppressed anger and calmness on the surface so that he sounds intimidating.

Hopefully RoboCop will aim for that.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I meant in the same way DC ignores a lot of their other characters. Like not making her a part of canon. Kinda just sits there in limbo, gets a cameo here and there.
Forgive me since I haven't read DKR (never been a priority because Superman), but if she's introduced in that book then it doesn't make much sense to introduce her into true canon because then you'd be expected to tell that story. I hardly think that's ignoring her. She just specifically exists for that story, which is meant to be "the last Batman story". They'd do better to introduce a wholly new female Robin.

Damien Wayne was also just a possible future before he was finally introduced in canon. So there's no real reason why Carrie can't become canon as well.
But Damien doesn't necessarily set Bruce down a certain story path.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
She just specifically exists for that story, which is meant to be "the last Batman story". They'd do better to introduce a wholly new female Robin.
Last time they did that, didn't she just turn into Batgirl? Carrie's the perfect female robin, because she would make an awful Batgirl.

But Damien doesn't necessarily set Bruce down a certain story path.
I have no idea what you mean by that. But Carrie isn't even a very prominent character in DKR. She's just a walking distraction that Bruce uses rather cruelly (something that always bugged me about this story). Despite that, she's still rather popular among the people that read it. And since DKR isn't really canon anyway, like the story Damien was first introduced in as Batman, a different version of Carrie could easily exist in the new 52.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I have no idea what you mean by that.

He might be talking about the alternate future story where Damien becomes Batman (iirc because bruce died) and is much more sinister in the role than Bruce is.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I mean that introducing Carrie might be seen as an indicator that DKR is canon or that they might tell a DKR story adjusted to the canon.

Most stories involving Damien usually revolve around him as an adult, so there's leeway there before any possible confirmation. Not the same with Carrie.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I gathered that part, I don't understand the point of the statement. What set path for Bruce?

Edit: Nevermind, ninja'd.

If this was the 80s or the 90s, you might be right, and DC would have to come up with some time travel bullshit to get Carrie in young(ish) Bruce's life. But that's not the standard anymore, especially thanks to the Crisis events and the New 52. DKR could easily be said to be an another universe, and nobody would so much as raise an eyebrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back